FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME - COMMUNITY CASES
People of the Fog,
we have been seeing a increasing amount of FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME cases since the last update, specifically on console.
It looks like this and it prevents the player to join games:
We cannot reproduce this bug internally so we need your help!
Our team will inspect specific Community cases.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Player ID (under in-game SETTINGS)
- Exact time the game client started to fail to join games
- The exact times you tried to join a game again
Every comment that isn't answering this post with specific information will be deleted.
Thank you for your help!
The Dead by Daylight team
Comments
Still happening
Player ID: https://imgur.com/a/6UaObxI
Time: since 2.2.2 release date 24/7
I can try to join the whole day as a survivor i get stuck in the loading screen after clicking "join lobby". The game tries to connect me with a lobby and during the loading screen the red laoding entity spikes appear and in the middle are the 3 loading points and then the game cant connect me and i get stuck in an infinite loading screen and have to close the game with the task manager.
As a killer i can open a lobby but no one else can connect with me. Same with kyf and swf. I dont know the exact words but sometimes, for a very short moment, where the three loading points appear is writting something like "failed to join lobby"
I would appreciate your efforts very much.
Player ID: https://imgur.com/a/6UaObxI
Time: since 2.2.2 release date 24/7
I can try to join the whole day as a survivor i get stuck in the loading screen after clicking "join lobby". The game tries to connect me with a lobby and during the loading screen the red laoding entity spikes appear and in the middle are the 3 loading points and then the game cant connect me and i get stuck in an infinite loading screen and have to close the game with the task manager.
As a killer i can open a lobby but no one else can connect with me. Same with kyf and swf. I dont know the exact words but sometimes, for a very short moment, where the three loading points appear is writting something like "failed to join lobby"
I would appreciate your efforts very much.
Player ID b8b572b0-a026-11e7-8614-21c435d16bf1
Exact time 21th October 5:00(Japan Time)
Exact times you tried to join a game again 21th October 5:00(Japan Time)
I couldn’t join the lobby again
It would be nice to jump right in match after you finish one on PS4 without restarting the damn app, testing internet conn then jumping back to game or wasting 1-3 minutes of our lives waiting to be able to que up again.. Especially while an event is going on that is only x amount of days and some people work 40+ hrs a week and over half the players are toxic lil twats. End rant
Player ID: 8d78e9f0-a55e-11e7-8bb0-2f76053e297a
Exact time the game client started to fail to join games : Unsure, noticed after the spirit update, not before.
The exact times you tried to join a game again: This question is confusing. If you mean how many "times" have I tried to log in since the issue first occurred? To numerous to count.
Or if you are referring to the "wait period" between leaving a match and being able to join another/do other things? That time is aprox: 1:30 mins - 3:30 mins
Extra info:
I have no Auric cells, and have never bought any as of yet.
After extensively testing the "glitch", I have discovered if you manage to "finish" a match in less than 3 minutes....the glitch does not occur for me. (This is of course, never the norm for matches in general.)
Sometimes, the "Character information" tab is accessible while the glitch is still occurring, while other times...it is not.
I have bought the spirit with iridescent shards. But not Adam yet.
I hope the information within will aid in solving this problem.
That's how it was but devs cant stop tinkering with the game. Whatever happened to the saying "if it's not broken dont fix it?"
hey
same problem happening to me since the shrine update on ps4. I can't rejoin immediately after I finished a game. It's really annoying to play like this...
player-id: e763f916-a31f-41c5-a2cf-ea5b531dab32
f49320b0-5519-11e7-809a-d76cc46839a3
This problem has been persisting ever since the clown came out. I can't lie it's become a serious irritation. I know you're trying to work to deal with the problem so I'm going to just let you handle business and do what you do best
-Last night
-My issue is a bit different than most others'. First I'm unable to use the SWF button, when I click, it will just spin and then stop..so I'm unable to invite anyone. Two, I can't join my friends' games for the most part. I'll accept the invite, it will take me to the loading screen and just stay there, causing me to have to restart. If I can get in a friends game, I'm immediately kicked out as soon as we find a match. I haven't tried KYF but I've tried solo and that's all I'm able to play. This is very frustrating and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried to rebuild my database. Nothing works. And I haven't seen anyone else with this specific issue.
NOTE: WHEN DAILY IS COMPLETED THIS BUG BACK AGAIN
Vídeo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=pLmIRrnqWPM
Player Cloud ID: 442ac170-77b8-11e7-88b7-f514f2639a3e
Had the issue for a few weeks now (Survivor and Killer).
*****However, I've now had several games which have lasted under 2 minutes and each time the bug isn't present.*****
Thought this information could prove useful to the devs.
This bug got fixed for me FINALLY AFTER AGES
Guys, who say that it is fixed, are you playing on pc? because I still face this issue on pc even if I restarted the modem and my pc several times, so if anyone if you guys playing on pc tell me please what did you do to fix it
As for the fix, the bug still existed as I was playing before 1:30 PM EST, but after that it suddenly stopped happening and I played like 8-9 games after that and the bug didn't occur again. My guess is that the devs fixed it.
But don't worry, we will raise your issue with the devs again to solve it for you too.
Thank you brother
i tried on my ps4 there is no issue there but on my pc there is the issue i think still some pc servers face the issue
thanks a lot and hopes this issue get fixed fast because the event is gonna end in around a week
#1. Were you facing this issue on PS4 too? Did it get resolved?
#2. If yes, kindly list your alphanumerical Player ID for both platforms, along with other asked information. If not, just list the details of your PC platform only along with other asked information.
I am not a ps4 player, so i dont know really if i had the problem before or no i just checked it now just to tell if i have there too so it is my internet issue or no
my player id for pc is in this screenshot : https://prnt.sc/l9sj2g
yeah i have the same issue with error called save error 300 and the white symbol with red ones also appearing before getting the error
check the 2 screenshots
https://prnt.sc/l9uin0
prntscr.com/l9ult6
i think it the same issue because it started to happen since the spirit update but that what happen in pc
@Khalednazari and everyone, good afternoon.
In my first comment, I said that I would take my PS4 to my brother's house to test his Internet, believe me ... It worked normally. So I told him to take his PS4 to my house and test ... It also did not work for him, that is, it's the Internet. I changed the modem and the problem disappeared. Thank you all for your attention and you can do the tests.
See you later
Comentário Original
@Khalednazari e a todos, boa tarde.
No meu primeiro comentário, falei que iria levar o meu PS4 na casa do meu irmão para testar a Internet dele, acreditem... Funcionou normal. Então falei pra ele levar o PS4 dele na minha casa e testar... Não deu certo pra ele tbm, ou seja, é a Internet. Troquei o modem e o problema sumiu. Agradeço a atenção de todos e se puderem façam os testes.
Até mais galera
It's fixed for me too. Happy days!
fixed for me aswell! Weren't expecting a fix upon until mid november, nice!
Thanks for the fix, not happening anymore.
player id: c2f40518-7247-490f-9a9a-8902b5f3167d
exact time failed: 11:52AM UTC
exact time try again: several times immediately thereafter
I play on PC. This happens to me on killer about 2-3 times per day. I join a match, and within 30 seconds, I see 4 disconnected survivors and the post game tally begins. Upon leaving and trying to create a new lobby, I get failed to join game. I am unable to click back to go back to the main menu or switch to survivor mode or visit the store. I CAN bring up the settings page, but that's about it. The only way I've found to get out of this scenario is to end task.
Edit: I tried to create a lobby again after posting this, and it worked WITHOUT using end task. Estimated time between failure and success was 2-3 minutes.
I've been getting cannot connect the online services error code 8014 pls help me I've been getting this error since 40-50 minutes .I've not encountered any issue before but this is happening I need help guys
Player ID: 1b5a5e7e-8346-4a45-acd4-1c459500fb5e
Hello, i play on PC. I have the issue since i bought the game in december 22th.