FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME - COMMUNITY CASES
People of the Fog,
we have been seeing a increasing amount of FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME cases since the last update, specifically on console.
It looks like this and it prevents the player to join games:
We cannot reproduce this bug internally so we need your help!
Our team will inspect specific Community cases.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Player ID (under in-game SETTINGS)
- Exact time the game client started to fail to join games
- The exact times you tried to join a game again
Every comment that isn't answering this post with specific information will be deleted.
Thank you for your help!
The Dead by Daylight team
Comments
Player id
fdad58e0-97f4-11e7-9b5d-052844e0af64
Exact Time: every time after several matches per day but happens really a lot
The exact times: After games, after starting the game, after joining a lobby but most the time when I start the game it shows the red and white symbols so that means the game gonna crash on me
Can't say the exact time, but this it's been happening for about a month.
Thank you for all the reports!
Our team extracted some of the profiles and we might get back to you for further investigation.
I found a way to fix this, just restart your console and it will work again
@rebelhunter316 Sadly not. Information has been sent to the team. When I get anything back, I'll notify you all!
While I'm sure the devs are working on this as a priority, in the meantime there's a workaround that has already been mentioned, I don't remember in which thread.
Start the "Test Internet Connection" and cancel it after the first couple of steps without quitting the game. Go back to DBD and connect to the servers again. It's way faster than restarting the console or waiting the full 3 minutes out.
Edit: grammar
I think that the fix at the new PTB patch so can you tell them if they can check their because I didn't face any problem in the PTB
I dunno if this is where I report this but I've been having this issue for hours now....
・Player Cloud ID: 0902b5ea-2011-44f5-b7e5-ea838fa5c1bb
・Exact time: September 26.
・The exact times you tried to join a game again:
After waiting for 3 minutes, or after restarting.
And what I have is a download version.
Thank you, Google translation.
Player Cloud ID: 0f5c42ba-1119-4eb2-b68c-31fb99e9990e
・Exact time: September 26.
The exact times you tried to join a game again: After 1 minute.
As you already know, perhaps I find out the cause of this bug.
When I played DBD in my friend's house (with my PS4),this bug didn't occur.
I think that this bug is caused by NAT type.
NAT type of my house internet is 3. That of my friend's house is 2.
I played DBD with Tethering(NAT type is 1),this bug didn't occur.
I am sorry for not being able to explain well because English is not my first language.
I would be glad if this bug is fixed.
I have two different connections in my house, both are different ISPs and have NAT type 2 when I connect. I'm having this issue on my connection that is wired, but if I switch to my other connection via wifi, the bug goes away.
worked for me
Player
729bc08f-9ead-4316-a143-3069c3fc1efb
started a few weeks ago
happens after every match survivor or killer
Ps 4 downloaded game no disc
Cloud id:
e805c4c3-370a-40df-8dad-4f1d489d0bca
This has been happening the last 3-4 weeks. After every game, survivor or killer, I am unable to join a new lobby for between 1-3 minutes. The error message says failed to join game.
Not exactly certain when it started happening but I can give a rough estimate of about the last week of September
That loading icon remains for about 2 minutes and happens after both survivor and killer games. I can't join lobbies or go back to the home screen during this time. Wud be really grateful if this was resolved at the earliest.
Player Cloud ID: bd31ec8b-f57e-4940-9b27-79947d3c1ee5
This has been happening to me the last 3-4 weeks after a match (survivor or killer)
I have to restart the game to join a match
Hello Dead by Daylight Team I have the above mentioned mistake I think because the Agressive Driving Outfit came out the first time I got all the DLCs in the PSN store the time I measured when spinning the circle was 1.55 minute player ID Screenshot
Date it started happening: The exact same date the patch 2.2.0 came out.
When does it happen: Every single time I finish a match, it doesn’t matter the match result or if I’m playing as killer or survivor. It happens every time
Yep. PS4 here. Download copy. After every match unless killer DC's then its 50/50 if it happens. Been going on since i created the thread " Failed to join game" before this 1 was made
Exact time it started: I didn’t take down the exact time, but it started shortly after the update when the Shattered Bloodline was released.
Exact times it occurs: Every time I leave a match. If the host quits early on, it won’t occur but I must restart my application after every finished match. I also tried uninstalling and redownloading but it did not help.
Happened right after the spirit update it happens after literally every single game its very tedious trying play with my friend or even solo queing over and over having to restart my app every game or wait upwards from 4 to 10 mintues. Hope its a fix soon consistent issue deleting and redownloading didnt help,turning ps4 doesn't help,closing app definitely doesn't help i don't know what else to do.
Happened right after the spirit update it happens after literally every single game its very tedious trying play with my friend or even solo queing over and over having to restart my app every game or wait upwards from 4 to 10 mintues. Hope its a fix soon consistent issue deleting and redownloading didnt help,turning ps4 doesn't help,closing app definitely doesn't help i don't know what else to do.
I am almost 100% certain that this is an issue with the ingame store. More specifically the Auric cells. It could be the game attempting to fetch data but it taking a while to do so.
I made this conclusion because it started happening to people starting the day the Trapper's new cosmetics were introduced into the store. Additionally, attempting to open the ingame store, at least on PS4, the same white circle will appear, and it takes a while for the "Auric Cell Packs" to properly load and be accessible.
I Can't get into a game after every game i have to restart the game agin
PLAYER CLOUD ID
c23119db-a2ba-49e3-8845-96d9d207ccc5
I don't know when did it started but it is more then a month after the ne ubdate my way become taking more time to restart the game
Tried to make killer lobby game crashed.
Restarted played two matches now I get error code 8018.
Cant give any info as I cannot get I to the game at all.
I sent a report with the first crash.
I just reported this, my friend, the same mistake happened to me now
We still don't have an internal repro of this issue. Our team is still trying to isolate what causes the problem for PS4 users. We know this isn't a fix but some users reported that if you are restarting the APP, it helps. They also reported that it was happening more often if your console was in sleep mode for a long time.
Also, do you have any kind of statistics that as of now, how many players have been affected with this issue?
Secondly, I have to add that, the problem only persists only on one of my ISPs, when I switch to a different ISP, there's no more loading circle. Switching back to the former network again doesn't fix it either.
ID:3c622a45-599b-43aa-aed9-c0247669a2d7
Exact time : September 24〜All time(Japan Time)
Hello.
I have continued this bug since the BP2 event end even after the update.
(PS4 Download.no disc)
Time: 3:30pm mountain time
Time I retried: I couldn’t even load past the title screen. I’m not having the same exact thing displayed here, but I’m locked at the main title screen and I’m having the “Intialization error”. This happened right after I updated to 2.3.0.
Time: 19:38 Central time
Can't load past title continuously gives me initialization error, restarting the game or xbox does not resolve the issue.
・Exact time: 01:00 UTC.
The exact times you tried to join a game again: After 1-3 minute.
I think the issue may be tied to the end match screen. I played ten matches this afternoon and in seven of them I hit the triangle button as soon as the match ended without waiting for the emblems, points, etc to load in. In each of these instances I did not get the spinning circle thing and was able to go right into another match. On the other three matches I waited on everything to load in on the end match screen and then hit the triangle button. In each of these instances I got the spinning circle thing and had to wait two to three minutes before I could start another match. If it is tied to the end match screen that may explain why some are getting it others aren’t depending on how long they sit on the end match screen. I will be doing some more testing tomorrow.
this bug started 2-3 weeks ago (probably last update)
exact time:11:00 am 17th October(japan time)
Player ID: 99de2f5f55a147d1a8c9e69090c11899
It happens since 27th September.(Japan time)
Last try : 17th October (Japan time)
This problem started happening about 2-3weeks ago.
It happens after every game and doesn't load for 3-4 minutes.
Player ID: ef7c465b-138b-426c-9c87-e4dac07eeb83
Exact time the game client started to fail to join games:22:16(Japan Time)
The exact times you tried to join a game again:22:16(Japan Time)
Player ID : db7f91c7-775a-4d76-a555-238238fba043
From around October 2 to the present Japan time
I do not record the specific date and time, but it surely occurs after the match ends