FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME - COMMUNITY CASES
People of the Fog,
we have been seeing a increasing amount of FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME cases since the last update, specifically on console.
It looks like this and it prevents the player to join games:
We cannot reproduce this bug internally so we need your help!
Our team will inspect specific Community cases.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Player ID (under in-game SETTINGS)
- Exact time the game client started to fail to join games
- The exact times you tried to join a game again
Every comment that isn't answering this post with specific information will be deleted.
Thank you for your help!
The Dead by Daylight team
Comments
Exact time the game client started to fail to join games:22:41(Japan Time)
The exact times you tried to join a game again:22:42(Japan Time)
・From the day after the previous event ends.(Japan Time. )
・The exact times you tried to join a game again:23:06(Japan Time.)
Player id:a74c969e-2c49-4aa1-of79-85f39d07da9b like other people said it happens after every game and lasts around 4 minutes every time
24:00(japan time)
24:00(japan time)
Player ID:ab113724-8adc-418a-a7c9-c6f59b67a4a5
2.3.0 Patch came, but this issue has not been resolved.
・Player ID: 6163916f-ac17-4a41-80ff-ba8a0c42297e
This problem started happening about 3weeks ago.
It happens after every game and doesn't load for 3-5 minutes.
The last time it happened was today at 0:33am(JST)
Playing on PS4
Player ID:fb37f2cd-58c4-4d4d-adaf-a4b7b2522744
It’s been happening after equinox bloodhunt event in Japan.
It happens after every game,killer and survivor,and I always wait for a few minutes.It looks like loading the game. Even it is solved, I cannot sometimes invite my friends in the game until I restart the app.
Player Cloud ID : 3fbfe3fc-ed39-4ee9-a4fc-74dd840c61c3
Exact time(Japan Time) : Everytime I finish a match, white circle show up in a lobby and I cannot do anything for 2or3 minutes. After a white circle is gone, I can start pressing a button. So, could you please fix this problem? It happenes after Yamaoka update. My PS ID is MIYA38GOU. Thank you.
Player ID (under in-game SETTINGS) 5f3b50f8-3b53-427e-8f44-e6f74e2324cd
its been happening for about 3 weeks
The exact times you tried to join a game again 1:01(Japan Time)
Player-ID: f15bc58e-2450-4250-a945-6e44c0b50d2c
having this issue since like september probably when the update came out and it happens after every game and i have to wait 3 minutes until i can Search a lobby again
Player CLOUD ID: 40343018-52d8-4017-8513-e26f158278df
Time: Exact time unknown. It was roughly three days ago, it started shortly after I had purchased the spirit with iridescent shards.
Time I retried: Right away. I was just locked out of every game. I tried for hours each day and as a survivor, all I would get is an infinite "waiting" icon. I couldn't even join a lobby. As killer, I could create a lobby but not a single person could join. When I would cancel the join lobby function for survivor, it wouldn't let me back out to the home screen right away. It would take awhile of pressing the back button but then finally would say "Host unreachable"
This continued for two straight days with no sign of letting up despite hooking up anethernet cable, reinstalling the app, closing the application, testing internet connection, resetting router and restarting the PS4. I contacted my ISP to see if anything was up, and nothing has changed, I have no data cap.
It has been only recently that I can occasionally play a game, but only as killer, and I'm lucky to get 1 after several hours of trying, cycling back and forth between testing internet connection before a game and restarting the PS4.
There's a problem and it ain't me.
So obviously no fix for this yet. PS4
Player ID : 3b014ffd-7363-40b4-8a3c-6e086b7dff638
its been happening for about 2-3 weeks
Exact times: it happens after every game and doesn’t load for about 2 - 3 minutes or until I restart the game
Player Cloud ID
b8b572b0-a026-11e7-8614-21c435d16bf1
Exact time 18th October 13:34(Japan Time)
The exact times you tried to join a game again 18th October 13:34(Japan Time)
Exact time it started : roughly three weeks ago
Exact times I tried to join a game : every single game I played since, the latest ones being today 18th of October at 11.38 AM and 11.53 PM (GMT+1)
・Exact time:18th oct,Thursday(Japan Time)
・18th oct, Thursday 9:47pm
Player ID d7e0bf82-188c-4c5d-8c4c-cdb7738b9bc4
From about 3 weeks ago
Waiting time is 2-3 minutes
Exact time: 12th October 22:56 JPN
fail to join the game after finishing a game.
I hate this bug... i can't play whit this.
Player ID : 389bea22-2b4a-42b3-ba76-c615769b7d51
its been happening for about 2-3 weeks
Exact times: it happens after every game and I must wait for 3 minutes until i can Search a lobby again
Player ID: 2a6ddb2a-b85b-499c-978f-86a5177f2313
Exact time the game client started to fail to join games: I bought DbD at 22:50 JST (UTC+9) Oct 18, finished downloading around 23:20 JST Oct 18, and I'm experiencing this since my second game (I got disconnected from the host in the first game). So the exact time seems 23:40 JST Oct 18.
The exact times you tried to join a game again: Every game excluding the first one.
ID:3c622a45-599b-43aa-aed9-c0247669a2d7
I reviewed and improved the method of connecting the Internet to PS4.
Improvement by changing connection method to PPPoE. If the problem is not solved even now, please try it.
problem begun exactly one hour after the shattered bloodline dlc!!
i tried to get a game last sunday
until now i didn't
Player ID : 0bc23a90-a762-412b-8408-038f403e2941
Exact time : The end of September ~ Every time after the match(Japan time)
Exact time: 22:47 GMT -2 (Brazil).
Tried to join again 20 times whenever the error comes.
I realized this error started when I downloaded The Lullaby for the Dark Chapter from the PSN store for free.
I had no expansion before that.
It's the only expansion I have.
Hope this can help the team simulate the error.
I didn't get this specific issue what I have been getting is forever load screens so when I control alt delete to check on status I see that DBD is Suspended during the load screen
Nice to meet you
I am allowed to play on the PS4 version on the Japanese server.
I was also in trouble because it took me some time to re-match.
Thank you enough for improvement.
Player ID:8632e6b7-5025-4a76-a000-32b2b14e64f
Date and time:
Every time I play from around 1 month ago
I am sorry in English I understand but thank you.
This bugs happens always after every game, it happens for around 1-2 min and on both sides (survivor or killer)
please fix this!!

here is my id.
Exact time: 3:16
Amount of times that I tried joining a game after this: about 5 times
2.October
Exact time:2-4minutes
cant remember the first time, it’s been about a month.
Playing right now and it’s still happening
Any news on this? We're still getting it after every match ends.
Player ID:ab113724-8adc-418a-a7c9-c6f59b67a4a5
In my PS4 this problem no longer occurs from yesterday.
As soon as The Hallowed Blight Event began, this event ceased to occur.
Changes in NAT that are raised in the forum are not implemented.