Salt culture on console
Maybe im being egotistical, but shouldnt all the bm comments be on pc?
On ps4 we have half the fps, sub par controls, and players still think any game good or bad warrants a salty message?
Not a good culture for a game, i opened my messages on ps4 now that im red rank in survivor and killer, nothing has changed. Seems like people want to trash talk every game rather than play it.
On ps4 we have half the fps, sub par controls, and players still think any game good or bad warrants a salty message?
Not a good culture for a game, i opened my messages on ps4 now that im red rank in survivor and killer, nothing has changed. Seems like people want to trash talk every game rather than play it.
Comments
You can thank toxic streamers for that.
@Terrortot You get a lot more kids especially after the game was made free. They feel entitled to escape or kill and expect you to play by the unwritten rules they have created. Turn off your messages when you play killer and you will feel much better. If you ever want to play. I'm on PS4 also.
I just hit them back with a gg ez and block them. Then camp and tunnel the piss outta them for a couple months.
I will be turning my messages off again, but just wanted to see if it was my playing or the community. It is absolutely the community, thats not good for the game.
Survivor or killer I've gotten some pretty crappy messages, including death threats from one particular clown who couldn't take their loss with any amount of dignity. It is a little disheartening especially when you are a new killer, going up against 4 toxic players can be nightmare enough without having to deal with someone verbally throwing their toys out the pram at you when you actually manage a decent game.
It has to be doubly worse for the poor PC killers who have to put up with end game chat.
The compulsion to be mean little s***s to other people almost seems to be a ritual of the game so far and i haven't seen it so bad as i have here. Other people have suggested a salt mine for people who do this continually, i'd be behind that if anything could reasonably be done about it on the ps4 in the first place, such as reports meaning anything.
I kind of grit my teeth about it these days and move on, reminding myself of the few times where even as a killer, someone sends a nice message at the end of the game, i think that's the only reason i keep messages open, that and to send decent players on either side a 'well done, you creamed us!" or even a simple 'great game!'
Nope it is the community
In my privacy settings on console I have DMs set to friends only. I do it to spare myself having to see messages like this. It probably spares the peoplle who try to get nasty a ban from online play from sony too.
Yep, I do the same thing. The only other way they can do it is by sending me a friend request with the nasty message. But honestly that doesn't happen very often....to me anyway.
I welcome the salt they give me, next time I see them I will force them to give me more and more by using Moris and tunneling them until they understand it isn't ok.