Pulling my hair out over here.
So a week or two ago I played one game with nurse to do the rift challenge it was my first ever game with her I got the challenge first try got three hooks I believe haven't touched her since. Well today I decided today is the day I'm going to put in the time. I'm on console which causes enough issues, I was Rank 2 when I started, did not want to use plaid flannel. I have played enough games today so far to drop to rank 5 which is the most I have ever played with one killer in a day and it has been tough. The survivors are Russian the gens and throwing up the deuce sign with an ass shake throughout the match there was also one game where I played an entire team with Urban evasion that was not fun. And the one to three hooks that I do get I've had to fight for because they're sabotaging the hooks and body blocking. When you guys learn nurse do you play her all the way through because it has been incredibly hard not to switch to any other killer to curb stop some fools. I just feel if I stop using her I might lose any muscle memory that I might have gained as minimal as it is.
Comments
And like that's not even touching on the fact when I do get a perfect blink my weapon goes right through the Survivor or hits a random object. Just had a match on Haddonfield the survivors kept coming back towards me when I would blink so I looked down to counter it and got sucked into the basement and I was two houses down from the basement.
Nurse is a commitment, my man.
If it's getting to ya, leave her for another day. The rift's just began, you've got plenty of time.
The rift is why I was using her the first time but today it's because I want to learn her because I really want to have her in my Arsenal however not to the point I need to be on some kind of antidepressant afterwards.
If it's that bad, it ain't worth it.
That's the only way though.
I'm telling you,learning nurse is one of the most frustrating experiences in this game but also very worth it once you are really good with her
Didn’t have too much trouble with it myself but I’ve fought so much nurses as survivor I know what they are going to do when playing her. Did it my first game ever playing nurse surprisingly but if you have trouble try to farm
Haven't played very many nurses until this Rift. But I also only play about 25% Survivor. They said blight and nurse where the hardest but I won my first ever game with blight nurse is a whole different ball game. Blight if you're struggling with his power he still moves at 4.6 nurse slower than the survivors so you have to blink unless they run into you somehow.
Console as well. One tip: try not to lunge after blinks. Her quick attack has a bit of range and her lunge is what causes most great blinks to miss in the end.
Great advice I noticed that I keep doing it on accident better it's like burned into my head I don't know why I keep doing it but I thought I was done for the night but played one more and there's still hope. All my other games the most hooks I got was 4 this one was much better almost won the game just couldn't get a Survivor down quick enough missed a couple of hits I got 8 hooks 2 Kills. Eliminated the second as the final gen-pop so I was just seconds off from maybe things getting interesting. Still way better and all my other games combined. And Im back in Red ranks thanks for that game
Welcome. I know how frustrating she is on console.
Also you'll hear "run blink recharge add-ons"... This is bad advice until you're getting good with her. Until then use fatigue add-ons. Also shadowborn is almost necessary while learning as it moves your POV back enough to not lose track of people every time you enter fatigue.
Okay thank you I have been doing those add-ons but I'm now going to try pocket watch cuz I'm having trouble with my second blink. I think it's why I couldn't pull off that game last night also just played my first game today and it's like I'm back at square one could even get one down I'm hoping it's just because it's so early in the morning I just woke up. As for shadow-born I love my nurse up kind of early in the game for her teachables but then never touched her so I'm starting to learn her and she's level 40 so pretty much he has no teachables but as I get them I will watch for shadow-born or at least Monitor and abuse so it helps a little.
Never thought I'd say this I wish I had corrupt intervention on her just to give me a little more time to practice with her 5 minute games arent giving me much time. FYI not a fan of corrupt which is why I said that.
Well let's hope I still have hair by that point I just can't wait. I have some other dbd players in my house and they have always made fun of me because I was a nice killer always gave hatch if someone DC let the others Farm, etc. These first 10 games with nurse has already thrown that out the window I cannot wait that same (nice) is never returned when it's the opposite so I don't care if it's a 2 minute match when I learn her they're all hooked and I'm out.
this helped me a lot so imma just leave this here
Well I can't watch guides they bore me never have been able to try to watch tofu's yesterday made it about 10 minutes in if that. Words of advice and playing is all I can do
I also play on console. I took a month and played nothing but nurse. Lost a lot and I still kind of suck at playing her.
I think survivors bully new nurses extra hard so they will quit trying before they get good.
Had a match where the survivors started out acting like the usual ass hats, but once they saw a was somewhat okay at nurse they all started hiding.
It does sort of seem like that. Just had my second best game this one was seven hooks maybe could have been more but when I down play Dwight the to claudette's jumped in a hatch with a key. It was so depressing I was doing very well on the swamp which I seem to get every other match with her.
I did it guys. Got my first Dub with the nurse it was against a solo Lobby three purples one red but that doesn't matter still a big self-esteem boost bumped me back up to a rank 5. Even got an angry Message from a survivor but after talking to them he was more mad at his team. Good match to 12 hooks. I don't think it's going to be a pattern I don't have the right combination perks yet I just think I was on fire and met the right survivors but still it's a start.
One thing to remember is not to get carried away with blinks it's so easy to do and to play nurse good you have to almost have a methodical approach and what I mean by that is when you're in a chase let your blinks fully recharge before trying to pursue and be patient when you're coming out of a blink and take a second to evaluate whether you need to use the next blink or to fatigue and recharge the blink for a better situation. Sometimes it's better to just follow for a second and evaluate how theyre running and what tiles they're leading you to.
Also the main thing to identify is whether they like to double back or full send it , are they looking behind them? One way to gauge this is to blink right behind a survivor or where you last saw them you'd be surprised how many people will try and double back on you , once you identify what type of runner they are it should be easy pickens from there on how you should approach an attack with that survivor band that's part of what makes her so hard is having to figure all four survivors out and adjust depending on who you chase and once you master that you'll be smacking people around left and right.