I've got a ton to say

Hello to anyone reading this, I've started to play DBD for about 2 months now. I have a massive love/hate relationship with this game. It's beyond obvious to anyone who has played this game for more than an hour that matchmaking is horrible. I won't be discussing that but I'd like to talk about a problem worse than that, ranking up to a higher level is way too easy. As stated earlier, I'm only two months in and last month I became a rank 3 survivor and I'm currently a rank 5 killer and a rank 8 survivor. For the killer aspect right now it's basically unplayable because of the complete sweats I'm going up against. I honestly don't care for this competitive style and it's ridiculous how fast I got to rank 5 and I don't even think I belong here. As playing both sides, I can promise you I've seen way too many people at the same level as me that are just superior in every single way. At this rank by the time I even hit someone a gen is done and the second one is basically at 80%. Before I hear just get better or maybe you need a better killer/perks I literally don't care to hear that. I have a great setup and maybe that's why I climbed the ranks too fast but its literally unplayable. Also can someone explain how when I'm a rank 5 killer I'm getting only red rank survivors yet when I'm a 8 rank survivor I get red rank killers? I know I'm not the only one with this problem since my friends are always dealing with this. If you happen to be a sweat or a red rank honestly good for you this isn't to attack people like you, it's me stating you should be put into a lobby against someone of equal skill or at least close. Playing comp that's way too difficult won't make you better, it pushes people away.

Next: hatch is way too luck based. I understand why the hatch is in the game and I'm not saying remove it. But for the love of god get rid of the stupid keys people can find/bring in since its completely based on luck when they find that hatch. With or without a key at this rank I literally have to down someone and keep him down just to find the other guy first to get a 4k. If the killer is at this point the killer basically won, why give a key alternative?

Next: Hex totems need a fix. I think it's great that some perks are hex's since some would be way too powerful to have as a guaranteed permanent perk. With that being said, finding them is stupid. I find that normal totems are hidden 5x better than a hex. I mean come on when I'm using hex ruin some games people literally spawn right next to it or literally have it in their view at the start of the game!!!!!! It's so broken and immediately I'm at a massive disadvantage. They need to be in better locations, right next to a hook or gen like really guys. Take this into consideration since its way too common for people to find it so fast.

Next: Bloodweb is awful. I decided I'd give the shape a try since I enjoyed the movies etc. I have a ton of good perks in my web that can be found and I figured he'd definitely get them. He's currently lvl 42 with no barb-chili, no hex ruin and I just found corrupt intervention (finally). The frustration out of seeing these completely GARBAGE perks pop up 20 times before I can even find barbeque and chili once is ridiculous. I would literally spend extra bloodpoints getting these trash perks out of my web.

To sum it up, yes this entire post sounds real negative but its simply because I love this game. I understand maybe there's going to be people that know much more about this game that will pick this apart, but new players is how this game can grow and the developers will earn more money. Just from myself and my friend I play most with the game got $30 out of us and I'm sure I'm not the only new person out there. If you disagree I'd actually like to hear why but as of now, I'm trying to grind through these problems but its hard.

Comments

  • 100% agree with the Bloodweb issue. This game is grindy af and with each chapter they add it only gets worse, and it's like they are afraid of the BlOoDpOinT eCoNoMy and rarely gives double BP events etc.

  • I would love a Bloodweb rework. I don’t like how inconsistent it is with the perks you get. On some killers I can get PGTW on the first web, for others, it never seems to show up. Same thing goes for perks like Iron Will when I play survivor. It took me forever to get it on Ash and God love his soul, but he needs it lol.

    The matchmaking is also random as hell. I’m a red rank survivor and I can get put with green ranks against a red rank killer which just isn’t a fun experience. Because the other survivors are out of their depth and I just can’t get any generators done as I’m constantly having to unhook and heal. On the flip side of this, when I play killer, where are these green ranks? I always seem to get the sweatiest 4-man squads who just want to try to flashlight / Head On stun me at every chance they get.

    I swear this game is some sort of Twilight Zone lol.

  • Lol I had to start over so yeah I feel ya on the grind

  • 100% agree with everything you said.

    IMO keys shouldn't be able to spawn in chests at all. It makes zero sense.

    The grind is awful in this game.

    I've also spawned as survivor and am immediately looking straight at a hex totem. Poof, ruin is gone lol Whereas when I'm hunting for dull totems because I'm trying to get a head start on deactivating a potential NOED situation I'll find dull totems in the most obscure places that it's a pain finding them even with small game or a rainbow map.

    The only workaround for the grind is to always go straight for whatever perk is offered in the bloodweb and to grind points as quickly and efficiently as possible. Use BBQ and point offerings every match and you'll average 50-90k points a match or use WGLF and point offerings and average 35-60k points a match. IDK even care about unlocking all perks for a character or prestiging as the reward is so miniscule and inconsequential for the effort involved. On killer if you have BBQ, PGTW, nurses, on most characters that's literally all you'll find yourself consistently using. Almost all of my killer builds are BBQ, PGTW, and some other character specific 2 perks that they're dependent on to be competitive (Stridor, predator for spirit or STBFL for freddy etc) As survivor if you have one character with DS, Unbreakable, adrenaline, and BT then you've pretty much hit the ceiling and only reason for unlocking or levelling new characters is to create the same build for them so you can have some visual variation as to who you're playing as. Experimenting with different builds usually ends in tears and frustration on both sides.

    With that said once you unlock the teachable perks for every character it does leave you with this weird sense of completion, like I'm far less compelled to play the game and put up with this piece of garbage. I'll still maybe log a few hours a week, but no way do I feel compelled to listen to some 14 year old tell me to kill myself for a measly 50k bloodpoints.

  • You may have been playing for two months but you have the same complaints that people have had for years. Things do get improved in this game but with at speed of a drunken snail.

  • Yeah the grind is absolutely insane. Double bp should be base and bbq and wglf should lose their bp bonus

  • hey man, if you inflate the bloodpoint market it'll crash and all of our bloodpoints would be worthless

  • @Marigoria said:

    100% agree with the Bloodweb issue. This game is grindy af and with each chapter they add it only gets worse, and it's like they are afraid of the BlOoDpOinT eCoNoMy and rarely gives double BP events etc.

    It would be nice if we could sell back add-ons/offerings that are mostly useless. Even if was for only 10% percent of the BP, better than having hundreds of garbage add-ons that I will never, ever use

  • @dbdisbroken012 said:

    Hello to anyone reading this, I've started to play DBD for about 2 months now. I have a massive love/hate relationship with this game. It's beyond obvious to anyone who has played this game for more than an hour that matchmaking is horrible. I won't be discussing that but I'd like to talk about a problem worse than that, ranking up to a higher level is way too easy. As stated earlier, I'm only two months in and last month I became a rank 3 survivor and I'm currently a rank 5 killer and a rank 8 survivor. For the killer aspect right now it's basically unplayable because of the complete sweats I'm going up against. I honestly don't care for this competitive style and it's ridiculous how fast I got to rank 5 and I don't even think I belong here. As playing both sides, I can promise you I've seen way too many people at the same level as me that are just superior in every single way. At this rank by the time I even hit someone a gen is done and the second one is basically at 80%. Before I hear just get better or maybe you need a better killer/perks I literally don't care to hear that. I have a great setup and maybe that's why I climbed the ranks too fast but its literally unplayable. Also can someone explain how when I'm a rank 5 killer I'm getting only red rank survivors yet when I'm a 8 rank survivor I get red rank killers? I know I'm not the only one with this problem since my friends are always dealing with this. If you happen to be a sweat or a red rank honestly good for you this isn't to attack people like you, it's me stating you should be put into a lobby against someone of equal skill or at least close. Playing comp that's way too difficult won't make you better, it pushes people away.

    Next: hatch is way too luck based. I understand why the hatch is in the game and I'm not saying remove it. But for the love of god get rid of the stupid keys people can find/bring in since its completely based on luck when they find that hatch. With or without a key at this rank I literally have to down someone and keep him down just to find the other guy first to get a 4k. If the killer is at this point the killer basically won, why give a key alternative?

    Next: Hex totems need a fix. I think it's great that some perks are hex's since some would be way too powerful to have as a guaranteed permanent perk. With that being said, finding them is stupid. I find that normal totems are hidden 5x better than a hex. I mean come on when I'm using hex ruin some games people literally spawn right next to it or literally have it in their view at the start of the game!!!!!! It's so broken and immediately I'm at a massive disadvantage. They need to be in better locations, right next to a hook or gen like really guys. Take this into consideration since its way too common for people to find it so fast.

    Next: Bloodweb is awful. I decided I'd give the shape a try since I enjoyed the movies etc. I have a ton of good perks in my web that can be found and I figured he'd definitely get them. He's currently lvl 42 with no barb-chili, no hex ruin and I just found corrupt intervention (finally). The frustration out of seeing these completely GARBAGE perks pop up 20 times before I can even find barbeque and chili once is ridiculous. I would literally spend extra bloodpoints getting these trash perks out of my web.

    To sum it up, yes this entire post sounds real negative but its simply because I love this game. I understand maybe there's going to be people that know much more about this game that will pick this apart, but new players is how this game can grow and the developers will earn more money. Just from myself and my friend I play most with the game got $30 out of us and I'm sure I'm not the only new person out there. If you disagree I'd actually like to hear why but as of now, I'm trying to grind through these problems but its hard.

    Ranking up is more a matter of time in grade currently than skill. That is because you are not being matched up properly. For the longest time, as I worked toward Rank-1, I was fighting Red/Purple teams every match from the time I hit Green. About a month ago, we entered the "taste rainbow" phase. As a result, I fight all manner of Survivors and sadly most of them should NOT be in the ring with me. I suspect your ease of Ranking has a lot to do with the "taste the rainbow" situation.

  • I just started playing 4 months ago too and yeah I complain about this game at all because I love it. There is so much to love about this game I just want it to do well.

    I just prestiged my first survivor and I kind of like having to be creative with whatever perks I can get. It can be kind of hard when you rank up too fast though, and get put into games where the other players have vast amounts of hours more than you. I’m not sure the grind is the problem for me, but there not being enough players to fill the ranks or matchmaking issues but yeah something needs to be looked at, though I don’t know what. I’m not sure the grind would be so bad if I didn’t have to sweat if I got matched with people around my skill level, or if there were more players in the game, since I like using meme builds anyway.

    But yeah I love the game and don’t know how to fix the issues, nor do I know if BHVR has control over some of these things, but I still love it!

  • @KiwiCoattails said:

    I would love a Bloodweb rework. I don’t like how inconsistent it is with the perks you get. On some killers I can get PGTW on the first web, for others, it never seems to show up. Same thing goes for perks like Iron Will when I play survivor. It took me forever to get it on Ash and God love his soul, but he needs it lol.

    The matchmaking is also random as hell. I’m a red rank survivor and I can get put with green ranks against a red rank killer which just isn’t a fun experience. Because the other survivors are out of their depth and I just can’t get any generators done as I’m constantly having to unhook and heal. On the flip side of this, when I play killer, where are these green ranks? I always seem to get the sweatiest 4-man squads who just want to try to flashlight / Head On stun me at every chance they get.

    I swear this game is some sort of Twilight Zone lol.

    Exactly, I've been trying for thanat on plague for exactly 89 blood webs and I haven't seen it once but I got it first bloodweb on my bubba since I p1d him today