I know we all want a health update for this game, but it's never gonna happen.
Because the amount of feedback we give, and ideas that people come up with get thrown under the rug because we're not the devs. Everyone told the devs how much they hated the new UI, and they still went through with it because apparently console feedback meant something now? We all thought the delay of the mid chapter meant they were fixing the new UI, but that wasn't the case. And so many times we have proposed a health update for the game, but the devs simply refuse to take one chapter release off to fix core issues the game is still present with. But I just don't even know if even taking one chapter release off to address the health of the game would be enough, because the biggest issue with Dead By Daylight is the spaghetti coding. You fix one thing, and then boom you have another 500 bugs being brought into the game. I know they said they are gonna use the mid chapter towards fixing things, but bad coding is just gonna bring up even more problems. The idea of a health update would be something everyone applauds if it were to happen, but let's not forget the amount of issues spaghetti coding brings in.
Comments
I don't think them not doing a health chapter is necessarily their fault. Yes, the game desperately needs it.
But the Dev's are employees. Somebody higher-up has them on a strict schedule of "new ######### every three months", and they probably can't do jack about it. I think people forget that a lot- This is a company. They have a boss and schedules to meet; A schedule that doesn't give them enough time for health. They have to follow orders or risk losing their jobs, or who knows what else.
I mean, they also have said they only work when they want to, so I may be totally wrong.
A single health update wouldn’t accomplish anything in the long run. They need to improve their QA strategy’s and focus on bug fixing.
edit: also the Community needs to stop bashing the devs for everything.
they are working on UI changes, also based on PTB feedback. They didn’t ignore that.
Feedback is just a tool they use to tell investors that they working together with the community
But speaking of the UI, why change something that clearly isn't broken?
I'm curious about part of your statement here, saying "because apparently console feedback meant something now..." Are you referring to how consolers cannot participate in PTB's to get their feedback in?
Look at who their investors are and you will know why this game is turning into a mobile game
soon we will have a stamina meter that requires auric cells to keep playing.
I was just wondering why console feedback meant something when clearly they had a lot of people who played the PTB tell them how much they hated the UI.
Time to dump over $500 of auric cells just to be able play
Why assume it wasn’t broken?
you were speaking of spaghetti code in the OP yourself. And the devs clearly said the new UI has a completely new code structure. Also for future adjustments that were not possible with old layouts. Let it be code-wise or layout-wise.
you got your answer from the devs already. Why still assume they didn’t have good reasons?
I haven't heard anything of the new UI having a completely new code structure, so this is news to me. But a lot of people agreed upon the fact that the older UI was better, every bit of info needed was given to you on the bottom left screen. The new UI has given people eye strains and headaches, along of course with everything being spread out of all your screen. They're making adjustments to this which is nice, but still nobody had a problem with the old UI. I get it we're not the people making this game, we're the ones playing the product. But if we have problems with said product, then we're gonna voice our complaints and let the devs know.
They say it is for new systems that they want to implement but refuse to tell us what they are for some reason.
This usually means it will be bad so my prediction of a paid stamina meter may come true.
All this hate and anger would have been avoided if they just show us a demonstration of what they are planning. I guess bhrv like the hate?
Let's never forget how the MMR turned out.. My goodness I felt bad for the new people who suffered through that
I never said you shouldn’t voice your opinion? I just said people shouldn’t bash the devs for everything.
and I don’t like the Vertical layout of survivors kn the UI, nor did I like it being spread out. But they actually gave answers to why they are changing it and it was needed. Also the new info with hooks is very appreciated by soloQ and a step in the Right direction.
For someone who plays Solo Q I can agree with the hooks information being good, but whatever else they're planning on adding to the new UI hopefully will be positive.
And in what context, myself I say sometimes "nah I just dooze off at work doing nothing and get paid" in a joking way, that doesnt mean its true (sadly).
I wouldn't mind if they spent 3 months reorganizing the code and fixing it. If it helps in the long run it will be golden.
My thoughts on the spaghetti code.
"There never was a good knife made of bad steel"