Would Windows of Opportunity be broken, overpowered or unfun for Killers to vs without the cooldown?
I don't think so. The perk would be just fine. The 30/25/20 seconds cooldown is ugly and doesn't make any sense on this perk. The same for Zanshin Tactics and Visionary.
What is the reason for these perks to have a cooldown? @Almo
Comments
To make each tier different, tbh the tier system should be abolished IMO, there are too many perks as iswithout you needing to level them all up 3 times.
It depends. If you're a swf, no, it doesn't really have an amazing use other than checking the map layout early game. In solo, it's a really good perk for checking which pallets have and haven't been used. I think you can make a case for both the current cooldown we have and no cooldown at all.
I'd keep the CD and insted add another passive effect. Like maybe completely unbalanced or not, 10% increase in vault speed. Or something else if that proves too strong.
WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY
Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.
Auras of Pallets and Vault locations within 18/19/20 meters are revealed to you.
I think this would be a good change for the tiers.
I think perk tiers are fine. The Bloodwebs just have too many contents within.
IMO the Range hurts the Perk more than the Cooldown.
I feel windows would be a bit stronger without a cooldown. I use windows all the time and it gives you SO much information and tells you where dead zones are, where you can run to and so on. I dont see why zanshin tactics need a cooldown though. It's more of a QoL to the killer so he doesnt have to remember which pallets are broken by him at the expense of one perk slot.
What if the ranges were 18/19/20 meters like Better Together having 8/9/10 reveal durations?
I get what youre saying but I can see an unlimited range being a bit too OP. You'd be able to where a survivor and killer are and could use it to track their movements across the whole map.
I also would think it would look overly cluttered on your screen and would make it more difficult to differentiate in a sea of yellow.
Just my opinion tho! <3
I think neither Windows of Opportunity nor the killer counterpart Zanshin Tactics should have a cooldown.
You're using 1 perk slot for information potentially instead of a meta perk like DS, Unbreakable, Dead Hard, Adrenaline etc.
I don't think it would be that strong. I always loved this perk btw and I was using it when everyone else called it trash.
Eh, not really, I think. Maybe decreasing the Cooldown and increasing the Range would be a thing.
For Zangshin Tactics, I would like them to rework the Perk completely. I cannot really see a use for it as Killer, because it in a Chase, it does most of the time not matter if you see Windows or Pallets, as long as the Survivor is the one who decides where to go.
Unlimited would be too much, but if you get hit and you see a Pallet in front of you, you might want to skip that, because you want to use the Speedboost. But with the limited Range you cannot see if there is a Pallet afterwards, so you might run into a Deadzone. So an increase to 30 meters or 32 meters would be nice.
(Regarding movement-Tracking - this can already be done with Alert tho)
Yeah i don't get why they honestly even bother trying to "balance" weak ass perks like that. Its so stupid because
Ds, BT, SC, DH. There are a handful of perks that are so good that you are hurting yourself by not taking. Killer is a little more open because all killers are different and there really isn't a MUST bring perk but they still have a very large collection of trash perks that are either useless or have too many stipulations.
But again i know how long it takes for even the simplest of perk changes so I would hope they would focus on survivor perks. They need to nerf the god perks (honestly as much as people are freaking out DS is still the best perk in the game) and AT THE SAME TIME buff the perks that are useless or underpowered. They won't last a killer meta last more than a chapter or two but survivor hasn't changed since i started playing and there could be so much more variety
Neither WoO of Zenshin would be problematic without a cooldown.
I do wish that survivor perks weren’t all teachable, and that each character had one unique ability like the killers do. For instance, if you wanted the ability to self heal, then you would have to choose Claudette. Die Hard? That’s Dave. Having all of the perks interchangeable just makes all of the survivors into skins.
I don't think it would be too strong, we definitely have too many arbitrary cooldowns on perks and add-ons.
I wouldn't mind them removing the cooldown altogether and making the distance a variable (i.e. 12/16/20 meters).
I kinda wish the same thing, but, maybe this is an intentional form of "balance." If Survivor perks weren't teachable, then over time, Killers would be able to recognize how to play against certain survivors because they'd roughly know what kinds of perks they'd be using. As it is now, you really don't know what you're facing until certain perks are utilized, and in some cases (like with DS), it's too late to counter at that point. So Killers train themselves to expect it all the time, (like waiting out DS) which will in some cases benefit them if they do have DS, but can also handicap and waste their time if they don't. And all of this is applicable to Survivors planning their strategies against Killers too - other than their Power, you don't know what you're facing. Like Killers assuming and playing as if everyone is running DS, Survivors often have to assume and play as if every Killer is running BBQ and Chili.
I feel like windows is perfect rn because you can probably loop.a killer on a pallet for 10s knownwhere another loop is go there loop again for 10 or 20s see another pallet or something and repeat