New Crotus Prenn is terrible

I suppose I could have had some bad rng, but I have played the map 4 times now since it’s rework and it seems worse than before. There seem to be more tiles for survivors to run, the main building is still a problem and, worst of all, the gen spread is impossible to defend. Does anyone else have this experience?

Comments

  • Pretty sure that they weren't trying to change the gameplay of the asylum much, so the old issues would naturally be present

  • Only played it twice so still need to get used to it. The thing that keeps bugging me about it is some of the entrances to the building. You need to hit some of them at the perfect angle or you get caught. I found this mostly happens at the dirt ramps they have going into it.

  • Played it a couple times and got 4 ks consistently. No change noticed here, it just looks cooler.

  • It’s very obvious the devs don’t know what’s best for the game

  • The Main Building is 100% weaker. Also, they added some stuff, which was needed, because the Map was pretty empty before (which was also a reason why the Main Building was so strong, there was not much to work with when you were near the center).

    IMO gameplay-wise it is better. I dont like it visually, it is a little bit too much stuff there, too much going on. But thats just personal taste.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    The Main Building is 100% weaker. Also, they added some stuff, which was needed, because the Map was pretty empty before (which was also a reason why the Main Building was so strong, there was not much to work with when you were near the center).

    IMO gameplay-wise it is better. I dont like it visually, it is a little bit too much stuff there, too much going on. But thats just personal taste.

    I agree too much stuff everywhere makes it confusing for me.

  • @GannTM said:

    It’s very obvious the devs don’t know what’s best for the game

    Yeah map balance is still terrible with disturbed ward being very survivor sided.

  • The rubble on the map is still very broken. As a survivor theres so many invisible collision zones especially in the main building. They said they fixed it in the recent hot fix but it still needs improvement

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1956264#Comment_1956264

    Yeah map balance is still terrible with disturbed ward being very survivor sided.

    I don't think it's as survivor sided now, because you can clean out the main building without much of an issue, and god window isn't really one anymore because of the breakable wall, but the god pallets should've been reduced because it's the same god pallets as before.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    The Main Building is 100% weaker. Also, they added some stuff, which was needed, because the Map was pretty empty before (which was also a reason why the Main Building was so strong, there was not much to work with when you were near the center).

    IMO gameplay-wise it is better. I dont like it visually, it is a little bit too much stuff there, too much going on. But thats just personal taste.

    I don't see how the gen spreads are good for gameplay. They are so far apart that double range nurse can't cover them. Pretty much the only option that the killer has is to play lame by slugging and camping. It seems unhealthy to me.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1956266#Comment_1956266

    I don't see how the gen spreads are good for gameplay. They are so far apart that double range nurse can't cover them. Pretty much the only option that the killer has is to play lame by slugging and camping. It seems unhealthy to me.

    So far, I did not think that they were too far apart. But I have only played the Map 4 times since the Update. And there is a chance that two Gens can spawn in the Main Building which is the opposite of "too far away".

  • I think Campbell’s chapel is even worse, there are some nasty double window spawns on the inside