Before we talk about nerfing Dead Hard can we at least fix the perk first?
Based on the fact that a lot of people are now complaining about Dead Hard is best to assume this perk is getting a rework or nerf. But before doing that can we please fix the perk first. I'm not going to argue why DH should or shouldn't be nerfed.
The fact of the matter is originally using dead hard to avoid taking a hit is not the most effective way to use the perk since it doesn't work half of the time. So in order to get any effective use out of it people used dead hard for distance instead. I bring this up because if it doesn't work using it the intended way can you blame survivors for wanting to use it in a way that works?
Players weather survivors or killers should not be given a perks that is not functional at all. So I will say this please wait untill dead harding to avoid taking a hit is fixed first before we all talk about nerfs because it makes no sense to nerf a unfuntional perk.
Comments
Devs have already confirmed they are trying to fix Dead Hard if I recall correctly.
I don't know if this was pointed at me but I'm not a killer main. I'm a survivor main.
I have seen you on multiple threads saying the same thing but refusing to offer any evidence.
Can you back up your claim of it not being OP? Dead Hard allows Survivors to completely dodge hits and gains them massive distance for little to no risk.
I can literally send you hundreds of clips of DH being used NOT to dodge hits but to make extra distance, which resulted in the Killer losing the game.
Dead Hard is fine. Can we stop nerfing crap that is fine and start buffing useless perks?
What? The DS and OoO we nerfs haven’t even gone live yet!
Ignore @lexihvh he’s just a troll. If you look at his earlier posts he talks about playing as a SWF and trying to make killers dc for fun.
DH needs that 1st chase DH removed imo thats the most unfair part of all. Its why DS used to be so brutal because it crippled your first chase if you were unlucky, the new DS no matter how much people complain is still better because it can never activate before the first hook.
Maybe an unhook requirement or a healing requirement. Anything that stops it being used 1st chase would be a huge improvement.
It is not fine, I used to run this perk a while ago and it would let me run the killer for another 30 seconds. 4 survivors running this perk and dead hard for distance is brutal, there's no counterplay.
Yeah he did sound like he came off as that.
But I think we should make Dead Hard work before nerfing it. As of right now is not functional using it as intended so we should wait untill it does work.
I say to nerf it put it on a token system. By limiting the number of times you cam use dead hard it would make this more fair and have the survivors thinking when its best and not best to use dead hard. This makes it a more skillful perk.
This wasn't pointed at you.
Simply roleplaying every single killer main on this forum
I'm going to guess you main pyramid head, so should we really be talking about "no counterplay" here?
Dead Hard is a 50/50. When it works, it gives you an advantage (which is what all perks are for) and when it doesn't you're exhausted on the floor.
Should we also be nerfing lithe and sprint burst if killers lose matches against people who use those perks?
Except, neither of those perks make up for mistakes in the same way that Dead Hard does.
If you find yourself about to go down in a chase, Sprint Burst or Lithe won't do you any good. But Dead Hard will and it can allow you to get to a pallet or a vault, therefore extending the chase massively.
Sprint Burst and Lithe don't have this problem because when they are used, it's usually to try to escape. You cover so much distance so quickly that it deters the Killer from following you. Dead Hard doesn't work that way.
Since the Devs have said that they are fixing it, I am assuming it will work as intended, where it can be used to dodge hits reliably and be used for distance. That needs to go. Make it one or the other, not both.
That's funny because just a couple hours ago I ran a p3 pyramid on azarov. Learn how to play against different killers instead of hoping you get wraith every game so you can just loop god pallets and killer shack
Like it kind of has, what about wait 2 seconds more so or he is going to use DH and it will be usseles because you didnt swing
Or just get close enought so the surv will not be abble to react
Why not nerf and Fix the perk at the same time at the same patch 🤷♂️
I'm talking about when they dead hard for distance.
Funny because earlier I got a 4k against a team with 4 dead hards.
Learn how to play against different perks instead of hoping you get a pebble every game so you can just loop pallets and killer shack.
Ah you're one of those people. He's locked in animation now and can't hit after letting go of M2, so you can just run back and forth in his face and vault and he can't do anything after the nerf but ok
Pyramid Head's nerf barely affected him, you can still fake his power and get a hit.
I also saw no different between his before nerf and now tbh.
Thing is as a 50/50 player, i don't even think Dead Hard is an OP perk.
I don't use it, but how many times i saw people on stream being exhausted on the ground, making it a high risk/high reward perk since you don't even know if the perk will work correctly !
That + the fact that killers have memory and once a survivor use it they can bait it (except me i have the memory of a goldfish)
This right here DH doesn't need a nerf it just needs to be fixed to be more reliable once a killer knows a survivor has it they can no longer dodge a hit with it.
It can only be used once its not op you mong half the time it doesn't work because of shite dedicated servers and good killers are aware of it and predict it. Bad killers continuously swing because they don't understand the perk it's just not op ds is and it deserves its nerf as does object
After its been used once in the chase its gone until you aren't being chased, by that logic you'd think nurses is op because it punishes healing near the killer even though it's easily countered
The perk will be fixed first. So you don't have to worry about it.