Killers Ping should be visible in the Lobby. BHVR released a Hit Validation, it does next to nothing (I guess 1 out of 20 times a Hit does not connect), so next step would be to give the information of Ping to the Survivors so that they can at least see what will be going on in the game.
Rank shown in Lobby, they removed it because it was a Bug and also they did not want to implement it because Lobby-Dodging would increase. I liked the information, it basically gave me an information how much I have to try, e.g. if I saw another Survivor who was Rank 18, I knew that I will most likely not have time to search Chests or stuff like that.
Killers Ping should be visible in the Lobby. BHVR released a Hit Validation, it does next to nothing (I guess 1 out of 20 times a Hit does not connect), so next step would be to give the information of Ping to the Survivors so that they can at least see what will be going on in the game.
Rank shown in Lobby, they removed it because it was a Bug and also they did not want to implement it because Lobby-Dodging would increase. I liked the information, it basically gave me an information how much I have to try, e.g. if I saw another Survivor who was Rank 18, I knew that I will most likely not have time to search Chests or stuff like that.
What I miss more is seeing the Killer build after I die.
I'm not even in SWF why is killer build blocked to me? Before I used to look at Killer build so I could learn something new each time I died and get a feel for the meta.
These days I don't care anymore what killer is running. I just assume every killer is running every perk and I play appropriately to counter everything.
Yeah it was also disabled in the same day within a few hours after it's release
Nope, it was active for a longer time. I think you missed some news. It was re-activated in December. But like I said, I dont know if it is currently active, someone said it got disabled a few days ago, but I could not find anything official (nor do I care, because it does next to nothing anyway).
Nope, it was active for a longer time. I think you missed some news. It was re-activated in December. But like I said, I dont know if it is currently active, someone said it got disabled a few days ago, but I could not find anything official (nor do I care, because it does next to nothing anyway).
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Unless something changed with the latest hotfix I'm pretty sure ping is still shown in lobby
I should have clarified with "pre-game lobby"
Killers Ping should be visible in the Lobby. BHVR released a Hit Validation, it does next to nothing (I guess 1 out of 20 times a Hit does not connect), so next step would be to give the information of Ping to the Survivors so that they can at least see what will be going on in the game.
Rank shown in Lobby, they removed it because it was a Bug and also they did not want to implement it because Lobby-Dodging would increase. I liked the information, it basically gave me an information how much I have to try, e.g. if I saw another Survivor who was Rank 18, I knew that I will most likely not have time to search Chests or stuff like that.
But I totally understand why they removed it.
They didn't release it what do you mean
?
Hit Validation is active. Or at least was, dont know about currently. But it is so generous that it does not really matter.
What I miss more is seeing the Killer build after I die.
I'm not even in SWF why is killer build blocked to me? Before I used to look at Killer build so I could learn something new each time I died and get a feel for the meta.
These days I don't care anymore what killer is running. I just assume every killer is running every perk and I play appropriately to counter everything.
what the #########? it's not active
Like I said, I dont know about currently. There was a thread saying that it was deactivated, but I did not see anything official about that.
But yes, a Hit Validation-system was implemented, a few months ago already.
Yeah it was also disabled in the same day within a few hours after it's release
Nope, it was active for a longer time. I think you missed some news. It was re-activated in December. But like I said, I dont know if it is currently active, someone said it got disabled a few days ago, but I could not find anything official (nor do I care, because it does next to nothing anyway).
And it was disabled in the same day... Again...
That hotfix still hasn't come.
Hit Validation has been active for quite some time, it was removed due to an issue with Oni, but was then reactivated around a week later.
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1336359775718821888
My bad, didn't see that one, server hit validation sucks big time
Yeah, I also had to search for it, since there was no News on the Forum. But like I said, you dont see a difference anyway, so it is whatever, lol.
Exactly, some might even say it was bluff :shrug:
It wasn't there for long but there used to be a timer in the lobby that gave you a rough idea how long you'd be waiting to find a match.