With the new hook counter

Are the devs tracking how many hooks the killer gets per completed gen?

Because right now, it looks like the killer gets 3 or 4 hooks by the time survivors complete the 4th gen.

Is anything planned in regard of this problem?

Comments

  • I bet they're planning to make it 2 hooks in 4 gens. 3-4 is too much and kill rates are too high because of that.


    But seriously, if they change the pacing of the match to favor killer more, tunneling/camping would be made more powerfull as well. We need a change that can help with the pacing while not buffing tunneling/camping.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Are the devs tracking how many hooks the killer gets per completed gen?

    Because right now, it looks like the killer gets 3 or 4 hooks by the time survivors complete the 4th gen.

    Is anything planned in regard of this problem?

    I mean,they were talking about some kind of early game mechanic....

    About 1 or 2 years ago :]

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228298/with-the-new-hook-counter

    I mean,they were talking about some kind of early game mechanic....

    About 1 or 2 years ago :]

    They said something, that the idea has changed into something completely different. So i guess we won´t see an early game mechanic for another 2 years.

  • The gen speeds have always been the elephant in the room that BHVR ignores, if we had a objective before starting gens or even something small like afterwards like finding a handle and repairing the exit switch before being able to open the door etc... It would balance the game more in favor of skill over just holding m1 the whole game and possibly not even seeing the killer due to the speed of gens

  • They are probably keeping track of this kind of info since a long time. They have definitely more access to match details than just what the player has visible on the HUD.

    and i am pretty sure on average, gens don’t fly by so fast. I get plenty of killer matches where less gens get completed overall and I am a very very bad killer player. Those matches would still count towards the statistics though.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Are the devs tracking how many hooks the killer gets per completed gen?

    Because right now, it looks like the killer gets 3 or 4 hooks by the time survivors complete the 4th gen.

    Is anything planned in regard of this problem?

    That's just your experience at high ranks playing SWF.

    That is certainly not what the average DBD match looks like.

  • @Mooks said:

    They are probably keeping track of this kind of info since a long time. They have definitely more access to match details than just what the player has visible on the HUD.

    and i am pretty sure on average, gens don’t fly by so fast. I get plenty of killer matches where less gens get completed overall and I am a very very bad killer player. Those matches would still count towards the statistics though.

    For example, just had my daily as Oni on the Underground Complex. I got 3 hooks before the first gen was completed. End of the match = 1 kill, because survivors pushed gens instead of healing. This certainly isn´t a healthy gen speed. I mean, the devs nerfed healing in an attempt to slowdown gens. Now survivors don´t heal untill the gen is completed or even stay injured untill all are done, because they have Adrenaline.

  • @Kebek said:

    I bet they're planning to make it 2 hooks in 4 gens. 3-4 is too much and kill rates are too high because of that.

    But seriously, if they change the pacing of the match to favor killer more, tunneling/camping would be made more powerfull as well. We need a change that can help with the pacing while not buffing tunneling/camping.

    I think killers that felt confident enough and not pressured by the gen speed, would camp and tunnel less.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228298/with-the-new-hook-counter

    That's just your experience at high ranks playing SWF.

    That is certainly not what the average DBD match looks like.

    I play solo at red ranks. It certainly is what my average match looks like. The only time the killer gets more than 1 kill, is when someone suicides on the first hook.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952365#Comment_1952365

    I think killers that felt confident enough and not pressured by the gen speed, would camp and tunnel less.

    I agree but there are many killers who use both at every opportunity, even if they're not losing any gens at all. Some do it basically every game just because they can.

    I'm not saying it's wrong of them to do so or anything but I have some considerations for survivor's fun when it comes to changes that affect early game pacing which can make blind mindless tunneling/camping stronger.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952452#Comment_1952452

    I agree but there are many killers who use both at every opportunity, even if they're not losing any gens at all. Some do it basically every game just because they can.

    I'm not saying it's wrong of them to do so or anything but I have some considerations for survivor's fun when it comes to changes that affect early game pacing which can make blind mindless tunneling/camping stronger.

    What about killers fun? Survivors complain about getting tunneled and that they die after 4 minutes. What about those matches where all gens are completed in 4 minutes?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952489#Comment_1952489

    What about killers fun? Survivors complain about getting tunneled and that they die after 4 minutes. What about those matches where all gens are completed in 4 minutes?

    That's why I'm saying we need a feature that will help both sides, not just one. Some new mechanic to prevent the games where gens are done too fast but possibly in a way that won't buff the equivalent of that happening to a survivor through hard camping/slugging.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228298/with-the-new-hook-counter

    I mean,they were talking about some kind of early game mechanic....

    About 1 or 2 years ago :]

    I mean, they could so something like Red glyph / Crown thing. 3 of them random spawn on the map. Requires 2 contact to start doing Gen. Both side cant see the Red glyph / Crown

    It can be simple as that...

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952367#Comment_1952367

    They said something, that the idea has changed into something completely different. So i guess we won´t see an early game mechanic for another 2 years.

    Just 2 years? I see you're the "half-full glass" type of person

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952387#Comment_1952387

    Just 2 years? I see you're the "half-full glass" type of person

    I´m being optimistic here.

  • Well I’d say about 60-70% of the time as a red rank killer I get 3 or 4 kills. And the other games are usually against an SWF where I only get 1 maybe 2 kills. I’m not even that good at killer either.

    Seems pretty balanced to me, it’s just the SWF squads that usually win so if they do anything it will just make it even harder for solo queue survivors than it already is.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952523#Comment_1952523

    That's why I'm saying we need a feature that will help both sides, not just one. Some new mechanic to prevent the games where gens are done too fast but possibly in a way that won't buff the equivalent of that happening to a survivor through hard camping/slugging.

    We just need a mechanic that rewards the killer to hook different survivor. So that killing one survivor early isnt the best strategy anymore. Then you could nerf tunneling and camping.

    But this wouldnt fix the problem that some survivor just ignore gens. They ignore gens even at the start when the killer has no pressure.