Killer tier list based only on backstory
I was wondering what would you all expect the killers to compare woth one another strictly from their lore as far as who is the most powerful to weakest
I was wondering what would you all expect the killers to compare woth one another strictly from their lore as far as who is the most powerful to weakest
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Freddy's probably the strongest, lore-wise. If we are talking just raw physical strength, then maybe Demogorgon?
If you want to exclude lisenced Killers, then probably either Trapper or Billy.
I guess you'll have all the "guys with knifes and other serial killers" at the bottom of the list, then the more "fantastic creatures" on the top of the list.
If we are talking about one on one duel, I don't even think someone like the nurse or the spirits who are basically ghosts could be really harmed in any way.
Pyramid Head is actually the strongest because there's no sign he's controlled by the Entity. He doesn't have to put Survivors on hooks and can kill them himself.
His lore says he was invited by the Entity. He wasn't taken and his isn't controlled
Based on lore? Probably Demogorgon, Pyramid Head, Hag, Freddy, Oni and Huntress. The first four have wierd AF powers, the last two are just absolutely peak humans. Blight, Nurse and Spirit would maybe belong in the first group but they didn't get any powers til they came to the entity's realm, although to be fair Blight took his instead of being given it.
Edit: thems the strong ones pre-entity, I forgot about the rest. But honestly, the stabby basic killers are all pretty similar (Ghostface, Myers, Wraith, Trapper, etc.) Clown was already good with his tonics so he could probably do things best left to the imagination to the rest, and The Legion is technically a gang of four and honestly that alone makes them probably the most dangerous after Clown. Hells, maybe even more dangerous than Clown.
That’s what I think anyway
Yeah I guess I would assume that since pallets effect them they can still be harmed physically at least (kinda lore related but also gameplay related)
Michael would have to be excluded, simply because he's immortal.
Oni would definitely be one of the strongest.Demo is an obvious pick for the top.
I think I'd mostly consider individual encounters rather than a character being able to keep reviving and would consider their peak power regardless of if it came before or after the Entity was involved. Freddy id give home field advantage as well
Personally, I think Plague's lore is amazing. Her tale is tragic. The Entity picked her because it saw a desperate woman- One it could twist and play with.
I also think Wraith's lore is better than Billy, but that's just my opinion.
Also, where are the Blight and Twins'?
Between a fight who would win? Pyramid-Head vs Michael Myers?
This tier list was the killers strength based on their lore but if you want my favourite lore here it is
You're right, I misread the post. My bad.
On the "strength bases on their lore" then, Blight would likely be A-S tier, considering he's hopped up on Entity juice, and The Twins' would be F. They were peasants, and one of them is literally dead.
I’d put em in c tbh Charlotte looks pretty strong and I’m sure she’d be quite resilient from all the abuse she took
I think it's Myers actually.
He's literally stated to be Evil Incarnate, more a force of nature than a man, plus, the Entity can't control him.
I think Demogorgon also has a good case, but I'd be more interested to know how the Mind Flayer and the Entity interact.
Pyramid Head is the personification of a sentiment of guilt. Myers has no conscience whatsoever. Myers is immune to anything that PH represents, while feeding him none of the emotional energy that PH needs to materialize. Myers defeated that enemy in the depth of his soullessness since his childhood.
Result: Myers via opponent's no show, in the 1st round.
I'm inclined to think Freddy would be weak against pyramid head, demogorgon, and Myers since they are the least plausible to experience fear which fuels Freddy since they are more animalistic than others while myers and pyramid head are often associated as cousins of the personification of fear so I dont they would experience fear themselves
Oh you don't have to worry about that, I have ways of hurting the spirit using just my words.
Even if she kills me, the bite of my jeering will haunt her far worse than she haunted survivors.
Maybe if I were brutal enough she'll pass on to the afterlife.
Myers needs to gomup at LEAST one tier.
He takes .44 magnum rounds to the eyes and is fine.
Myers could murk any killer in the game because he's literally immortal. Even Demo would get his ass handed to him.
Oni would have to be physically the strongest killer with how much of a beef cake he is. Otherwise by lore, the other two I can think of is Billy or Blight. Billy is shown to have an unpredictable amount of strength, and Blight has canonically jumped nearly every killer to experiment on them.
This is H1 Myers though, so he's not exactly his Jason-esque, tanky version in the old sequels.
I dunno about Demo.
Depends on the Realm, but yeah pretty much any other Killer gets blasted by Myers except Oni and Demo
H1 Mikey could still take being shot, stabbed, and fall out a second floor window and just shake it off.
Is it though? His other outfit is from H2 and his build is reminiscent of the Rob Zombie movie.
The asylum gown is from the beginning of the '78 film. He is tall in this game for the sake of Killers being massive compared to survivors. I personally kind of wish he wasn't so tall to be in line with how he's supposed to look.
He still had the supernatural edge in the first film, but the sequels took it too far and made him Jason. The ending is also taken into different iterations, like him being his cartoonishly tanky H2 iteration or H ('18) iteration, which keeps him reminiscent of H1.
I think you're forgetting Mikey predates Jason. If anything Jason was reminiscent of Mikey. But then we know all the 80's slashers were birthed from Halloween.
True, but regardless, he still physically resembles the Rob Zombie Myers.
Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, Loomis' gun is a .38 caliber that has about half the power of modern .357 magnum's. Mikey took 6 shots to the chest at close range and was pretty much fine.
Exactly. There was also the shows of strength in H1. He wasn't built like a tank but H1 Mikey was putting his fist through doors, and lifting people clear up into the air with one hand.
Yes, Bob wasn't a small dude and he got lifted up one-handed I think.
Also, it's literally written into the Halloween universe that Michael physically can't die, because John Carpenter signed a contract that prevents him from dying. I'm pretty sure it's still around today, so until John revokes it, Michael isn't allowed to die.
But....what if John dies?
Then it will be a very sad day.
Agreed.
I know he predates Jason, but since adult Jason came around with sequels, slashers were competing with each other, so they souped up Michael in a similar fashion to Jason.
Another reason I can like the new Halloween trilogy for taking away his invincibility.
Granted I still don't know the full backstory to all the killers, this is about where I think they match up
If we're going by blumhouse Michael standards, we can suppose it is silently retconned that those shots weren't fatal enough to kill him following his arrest that night.
Makes me wish the Halloween DLC wasn't just based on the '78 movie, so we could have cosmetics from other appearances like Tyler Mane's Michael.
Jason did not appear in a movie until 1982, and by then Michael had already had two movies. Michael did not appear again until 1988 in Halloween 4 and he didn't display any more strength than he had in his previous two movies. If anything Halloween II Michael had been more impressive there since Laurie shot Michael in the eyes at point blank range and he didn't drop dead.
Jason on the other hand was actually murdered by a 10 year old kid armed with a machete. He was dead and buried until they literally had to resurrect his worm eaten corpse from the grave. He became a literal walking corpse.
That's the difference between them. Michael never needed to be killed and resurrected as an immortal zombie. Michael just always avoided death by not dying no matter what they did to him. Michael was always superior to Jason in that regard.
I mean, no matter what timeline you follow, Michael survived 6 gunshots and 2 stab wounds in '78.
Bumping this with trickster being added
Id most likely put him right before Ghostface and bump huntress up to B