What in the (bad word) is going on in dbd

So I just faced off against a no heartbeat gunslinger #########, so what's the point in stealthy killers if every killer can be stealthy, but killer mains talk about balance how much more balance do you need, so killers can do pretty much everything a survivor can do, this game is becoming a mess why do the creators baby every killer in this game, do they have a build for killers where you can't see their red stain anymore or is that in the works

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • To be honest I don't think the devs would be interested in changing the game that drastically, they're having a hard enough time changing the current game now lol, but what i would suggest is you coming out with your own game similar to dbd and with all the problems with dbd right now this would be the perfect time, and just in case the devs for dbd complain about copy infringement there's plenty of games that's alike. The idea for mortal kombat came from street fighter only difference is the creator for mortal kombat wanted fatalities, so if there's minor changes in the characters and certain elements you can make a game similar,because we all know dbd is having alot of trouble right now and people are dying for something new and if you could fix alot of problems dbd is having from a survivors point and a killers point you could have something major

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1956655#Comment_1956655

    To be honest I don't think the devs would be interested in changing the game that drastically, they're having a hard enough time changing the current game now lol, but what i would suggest is you coming out with your own game similar to dbd and with all the problems with dbd right now this would be the perfect time, and just in case the devs for dbd complain about copy infringement there's plenty of games that's alike. The idea for mortal kombat came from street fighter only difference is the creator for mortal kombat wanted fatalities, so if there's minor changes in the characters and certain elements you can make a game similar,because we all know dbd is having alot of trouble right now and people are dying for something new and if you could fix alot of problems dbd is having from a survivors point and a killers point you could have something major

    Well I just like coming up with ideas like these. Were you referring to the proximity voice chat post or the blood fued post?

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960530#Comment_1960530

    Well I just like coming up with ideas like these. Were you referring to the proximity voice chat post or the blood fued post?

    Both, you sound like a dbd 2.5 not saying dbd isn't a fun game and I hope they can save this game before it's to late, but honestly I don't think the devs have and are willing to put the amount of money into this game to fix it and people are waiting for a solid and similar dbd game to play, their have been other's like it but the similarities were to far apart why not ship the idea around and see what happens

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960601#Comment_1960601

    Both, you sound like a dbd 2.5 not saying dbd isn't a fun game and I hope they can save this game before it's to late, but honestly I don't think the devs have and are willing to put the amount of money into this game to fix it and people are waiting for a solid and similar dbd game to play, their have been other's like it but the similarities were to far apart why not ship the idea around and see what happens

    Well yeah, the devs don't take fan creations too seriously, I just do it for fun and community feedback. While I am a fledgling game developer who uses unreal engine, I don't envy the devs job to manage this huge game with so many little details. I couldn't make a game this complex for quite a while. I focus on offline game dev more

  • Deathslinger has a different Terror Radius than other killers.

    It's a drone-ish sound that can be kinda hard to hear if he isn't real close, in addition to perks.

  • Wow, yeah I didn't know that I'll keep a ear out though, he's kind of hard to hear when your gen is over 50%

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960640#Comment_1960640

    Well yeah, the devs don't take fan creations too seriously, I just do it for fun and community feedback. While I am a fledgling game developer who uses unreal engine, I don't envy the devs job to manage this huge game with so many little details. I couldn't make a game this complex for quite a while. I focus on offline game dev more

    Wow sounds like you're selling yourself short to me know if the devs or somebody else still you're idea you're going to be highly upset

  • @UncleStabby said:

    Insidious, trail of torment, tinkerer, there are a whole bunch of perks that can remove the heartbeat. You need to keep your eyes open as well as your ears. Dont blame the Killer for that.

    I don't blame killer.

    I blame BHVR.


    Killers are better at stealth than survivors are.... in a game which is supposed to be hide and seek with the killer being it and the survivors hiding!

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1951307#Comment_1951307

    I don't blame killer.

    I blame BHVR.

    Killers are better at stealth than survivors are.... in a game which is supposed to be hide and seek with the killer being it and the survivors hiding!

    And thats the problem. The game is not hide and seek. Otherwise pallets make zero sense.

  • The game is balanced towards survivors, this is the truth whether you like it or not.

  • @Jaffycake said:

    The game is balanced towards survivors, this is the truth whether you like it or not.

    Right, I'll let you have that the way you replied to my post makes it seems like you very serious about your comment lol

  • I mean, you've already gotten a lot of help here, but I don't think I saw anyone mention that a lot of killers have smaller TR's. Slinger is one of them. This makes it easier to sneak up on people if they aren't looking around. But from looking at your post, it looks like he was using Tinkerer.

    His Terror Radius, at default, is 24 meters (I think) whereas most killers is 32.

    Using Monitor and Abuse, a Doctor perk, it can go down to 16 (Again, I believe, my numbers may be wrong.) There are a few other Killer's like this, Myers has a smaller TR in Tier 2. Huntress technically has a smaller TR, but her Lullaby Range is huge. Using perks and Add-Ons, killer's can also have bigger TR. Monitor and Abuse increases the size of the TR while in chase, Distressing just increases it straight out. Doctor has a few add-ons that increase his TR and decrease it during certain moments.

  • In an update while back, his Terror Radius was messed up, thus nobody bothered with M&A. Literally was able to see to people on nurses 5 metres away and they never knew. Now I've played a few games with this current disaster update and it feels off again. Without using anything to effect terror radius, he was able to get within 10 feet of me before I heard alarms but by then I was shot. So yeah, its screwed up again amongst other things too right now.

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961931#Comment_1961931

    Right, I'll let you have that the way you replied to my post makes it seems like you very serious about your comment lol

    Any good player/streamer who understands the game knows how it is balanced towards survivors.

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955870#Comment_1955870

    Well, there's a lot of debate on that. Originally, the game didn't have SWF and was balanced around survivors not being able to communicate.

    Then they added SWF, which was good because without the ability to play with friends the game was dying. They didn't give anyone the ability to communicate in SWF either, but they couldn't do anything at all about survivors communicating on their phones, party chat, discord or by other means. So they decided to say "its not agsinst the rules to communicate".

    But that left them with a huge balance issue, because communication is very powerful. SWF groups would always roll over killers, so over the years they've worked on balancing the game so that killers stand a chance against sweaty SWF groups while still not leaving solo survivors unable to win.

    Honestly, the skill gap between SWF and solo will always cause a balance issue at all ranks unless they level the board by adding an in game chat. But it takes away from the immersion and killers would need buffs to account for the increased survivor coordination. The community is pretty split as how to handle this issue, as there is no perfect solution.

    If you want my personal opinion, I feel like the game should have a proximity chat. Survivors could still use discord of course, but i feel like a lot less would because either they have a solo person in the match they want to talk to, or because they want to play the game as intended.

    Proximity voice chat: Survivors can hear other survivors (or even the killer) talk if within 32 meters, but the killer can hear survivors only within 16-24 meters. The reason the killer can hear survivors talk is for balancing reasons, but he cant hear as far so the survs can warn each other if they know he's coming.

    There could be offerings or even a new item like a walkie talkie that let you talk to each other from farther away, and add ons that let you talk to other survivors anywhere on the map, can see the aura of who's talking, decrease the distance the killer can hear, or even special ones that let you throw your voice to confuse the killer. So much potential! I may make a full post about it.

    I feel if they do add something like that then there should be an option to turn off the voice chat because when I play any game I don't want to hear people I don't know/trust talking and i feel uncomfortable talking to them but if there was an option to turn off the voice chat then someone with voice chat on could be wasting time by trying to talk to someone with it off.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1951307#Comment_1951307

    I don't blame killer.

    I blame BHVR.

    Killers are better at stealth than survivors are.... in a game which is supposed to be hide and seek with the killer being it and the survivors hiding!

    Thats not what the game is about at all. Its supposed to be about the survivors prevailing through teamwork and adapting to whatever the Killer throws at them, even if its stealth. Survivor would be a way more boring role if you were supposed to just hide all the time.

  • @ihartTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1956269#Comment_1956269

    I feel if they do add something like that then there should be an option to turn off the voice chat because when I play any game I don't want to hear people I don't know/trust talking and i feel uncomfortable talking to them but if there was an option to turn off the voice chat then someone with voice chat on could be wasting time by trying to talk to someone with it off.

    @Exerath1992 said:

    -Introduction-

    I think most people can agree that the biggest balancing issue with Dead By Daylight is the difficulty gap between SWF and Solo teams of a similar rank. I think the best way to close the gap between the two would be an in game proximity chat because it raises the coordination of solo players and will reduce the number of teams using an outside chat method. Solo groups will have a rudimentary way to communicate and organize while still leaving the game feeling immersive due to the proximity aspect.

    Why wouldn't people just use discord anyways, you may ask. I have 3 points of reasoning for this. The first reason is that a certain percentage of SWF groups may prefer to use an in game chat in order to respect the spirit of the game. The second is that 2 or 3 man SWFs may want to use the in game chat so they can communicate with the solo player(s). And the final reason is that, if done properly, the game will reward players for using proximity chat in small ways such to encourage use of the in game chat. The breakdown of the mechanics and offerings we could have can be seen below. Please let me know what you think!

    -Proximity chat - Base mechanics-

    -Survivor base statistics: Survivors are able to hear each other faintly at 24 meters and clearly at 16 meters.

    -Killer base statistics: The killer and survivors can hear each other faintly at 12 meters and clearly at 8 meters when not in a chase.

    -Hearing faintly VS. clearly: When hearing someone faintly, you are unable to discern direction, the volume is lowered by 60%, and there is a static background noise. When able to hear clearly, you can discern distance and direction

    -Settings: The option to mute individual players or killers can be accessed from the quick menu during a trial. The option to automatically mute players when playing killer or to automatically mute the killer or other players as a survivor can be accessed from the settings menu in the title screen.

    -New offering: Walkie talkie-

    ~Survivor offerings~

    -Common (white) - Toy walkie: The killers hearing distances are reduced by 4 meters for your voice

    -Uncommon (green) - Used Walkie: Increases your communication distances with other survivors by 8 meters <does not stack>

    -Rare (yellow) - New Walkie: Increases your communication distances with other survivors by 8 meters and the killers hearing distances are reduced by 4 meters for your voice <does not stack>

    -Very rare (purple) - Army Walkie: Increases your clear communication distance with other survivors by 16 meters and the killer can not hear you clearly <does not stack>

    -Ultra rare (red) - Ranger Walkie: Increases your communication distances with survivors by 16 meters, you can see the aura of survivors you can hear clearly, and survivors who you hear you clearly can see your aura <does not stack>

    ~Killer offerings~

    -Common (white) - Bloody hearing aid: Your clear communication distance is increased by 4 meters

    -Uncommon (green) - Broken headphones: Your communication distances are increased by 4 meters

    -Rare (yellow) - Scratched signal jammer: survivors clear chat hearing distance is reduced by 4 meters

    -Very rare (purple) - Mangled CB radio: Your clear hearing distance is increased by 8 meters and survivors hearing distances are reduced by 4 meters

    -Ultra rare (red) - Rewired Walkie: You are able to hear survivors faintly at 24 meters and clearly at 16 meters. Being in a chase no longer affects communication.

    my post about voice chat goes over muting options :)

  • @Jaffycake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961950#Comment_1961950

    Any good player/streamer who understands the game knows how it is balanced towards survivors.

    I thought I said ok but maybe not

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    In an update while back, his Terror Radius was messed up, thus nobody bothered with M&A. Literally was able to see to people on nurses 5 metres away and they never knew. Now I've played a few games with this current disaster update and it feels off again. Without using anything to effect terror radius, he was able to get within 10 feet of me before I heard alarms but by then I was shot. So yeah, its screwed up again amongst other things too right now.

    Right some people act like this game isn't all over the place right now, probably just the devs lol, it seems like so many minor changes can be had to fix this game but instead of doing that devs cater to who complains the most

1 2 ›