Sloppy butcher is... really bad.
When I found out that rank 3 only adds 5 seconds to healing timers, I was disappointed. I think it’s because the perk makes it seem like it seriously hinders survivors. But it’s a pathetic 5 seconds...
I’m hopeful that eventually it will be changed to result in harder healing skill checks or the inability to use self care. It’s a long shot, it’s not thought out so carefully like my other posts, I’m not saying throw it in a PTB ASAP, just saying it feels underwhelming to be taking up a whole perk slot for just a mesely 5 seconds, and more bleeding, which by the way, if you aren’t using bloodhound may not help very much.
It sucks that a survivor that is bleeding just means their god mode turned off, bleeding actually has no effect whatsoever on the survivor’s health. I really hope that changes too. I feel it would be much more fun as a survivor, especially when being a medic, to have to worry about blood loss.
But I've made two posts on that subject already.
I’m hopeful that eventually it will be changed to result in harder healing skill checks or the inability to use self care. It’s a long shot, it’s not thought out so carefully like my other posts, I’m not saying throw it in a PTB ASAP, just saying it feels underwhelming to be taking up a whole perk slot for just a mesely 5 seconds, and more bleeding, which by the way, if you aren’t using bloodhound may not help very much.
It sucks that a survivor that is bleeding just means their god mode turned off, bleeding actually has no effect whatsoever on the survivor’s health. I really hope that changes too. I feel it would be much more fun as a survivor, especially when being a medic, to have to worry about blood loss.
But I've made two posts on that subject already.
Comments
Those seconds add up real fast.
If you always successfully end chases and be able to hook everyone twice, you add a very nice 40 seconds for them to waste healing.
And that's not including bodyblockers, failing chases, etc. Those also add up a lot.
It's not the best, i much prefer Pop Goes The Weasel if we're talking about pure Survivor time-wasters.
But it's a great option if you don't have some Killers or some Teachables
To be honest some time back I thought of a buff/shift of power on Sloppy butcher. The description literally says something about being good at inflicting pain. With the new status coming in, I thought of something like this:
You know where to hit to make them bleed. Hits inflicted make it awfully painful to heal.
Wounds inflicted by successful attacks slightly/moderately/considerably increase the Survivor's Bleeding frequency and cause the broken status effect for 30/45/60 seconds.
Survivors are the power role and killers are under constant time pressure.
When killers feel gratitude for getting 40 seconds more time from a perk, then there is something terribly wrong with this game.
No, it´s not. It´s like Fire Up. The slight time bonus is not worth wasting a perkslot for.
Or is Prove Thyself suddenly meta?
You also get the benefit of Hemorrhage which makes them easy to track because they bleed all over the place. And if survivors Self Care instead of group up for heals it can really hurt them.
Yes, the 40 second slowdown is only IF the killer loses survivors 8 times. Which, isn´t something one should do in the first place.
The one perk that is carrying your build is Nurse Calling. Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia are worthless. Hell, even Coulthrophobia is worthless in it´s current state, because no red rank survivor would heal inside the terror radius of the killer. Because Nurse Calling exists.
I enjoy SB at rank 1 play. It's situationally strong. If you're just chasing 1 person downing them and repeating it's pretty meh. If you have bodyblocking survivors or able to find and hit multiple survivors at once it's quite good.
Definitely not a bad perk anyways.
5 seconds is not quite good. You spend 5 seconds cleaning your weapon after each hit.
Why do survivors have perks that double the speed of healing or sabotaging, but killers get a 5 second debuff at max? Not worth a perk slot at all. It´s ONLY ok to use it as Wraith with the blood seing addon.
NC isn´t worthless, because killers get a glimpse of healing survivors, once they come into range. Survivors usually stop healing once they hear the heartbeat.
Coulrophobia only works inside the terror radius, and even gives the survivors a nice warning sign that they are in range. The warning sign appears before survivors can hear the audible heartbeat.
So survivors keep healing while being in your heartbeat?
On what rank do you play?
It's really quite good any reduced terror radius killer Myers, Spirit, Hag with Nurses. Also on huntress, billy, LF it transfers to their killers power.
Quite a good perk that punishes survivors who aren't afraid of the killer.
If the discussed heal time change with mangled nerf goes through I'd rethink it though.
I don't think it's that bad if it's getting nerfed
Oops double
You are gimping your own build with Coulrophobia. Survivors get a notification before they hear the heartbeat. You´ll miss more survivors if you take Coulrophobia.
To be a good perk (this also applies to thanatophobia and coulrophobia), the heal slowdown should be way higher. Survivors got perks that double their heal speed. No one bothers taking a perk that reduces their heal time by 5 seconds. Why should killers take a perk that increases that heal time by 5 seconds? That´s suboptimal. A killer already has a really tight time frame. A perk should really make a difference.
It has few scenarios where it is good:
1) tracking with bloodhound
2) slugging. healing 15% under mangled is not instant anymore and you can catch someone by surprise.
3) nc with small TR killer (Myers, wraith, nurse, hag, doc, pig)
4) someone in the hook and you want to make it not safe. Hitting someone will result in 30 seconds heal with 45 being hook stage. Makes at least two survivors busy.
And that's about it. Combination with thana makes those scenarios a little bit scarier, but not much.
Mindfuck, i was thinking coulrophobia but wrote sloppy butcher.
The rest of the comment applied correctly.
Fixed it
Thanatophobia needs a buff, too.
If your average is 15 minutes, there's something really wrong with your games.
5 minutes need to be removed at least.
It removes more time someone could repair their own Generator and it removes more time someone could help repair a Generator.
While you only think of the direct benefit, the Perk allows you to actually slow down a thing no one likes, which is genrush.
This Perk is no anti-genrush mind you, i never said it was actually powerful. (Read the comment again if you think otherwise.) I'd pick Pop Goes The Weasel or Hex: Ruin over it any day.
Using it for tracking though, you're already better off just using Bloodhound. And then there's also multiple other tracking Perks that are just better.
The only reason you wouldn't is if you don't have Wraith's Teachables, which is a stupid reason, it only takes 1 dozen hours to level someone to level 40 nowadays.
Also, i can make an argument without starting and ending like a #########.
I am not aware, which platform you play on. But on PS4, some survivors at rank 1 are even worse than rank 20s. With Freddy, it forces them to heal in my TR, since I can see their aura outside of it. Sloppy Butcher slows down the heal, which gives me a better chances to get them before they fully heal. We are different people, our playstyles differ, too. I love sloppy butcher, and I am really impressed with the buff. It gives a different dimension to this kind of playstyle.
But saying people are forced to heal in TR when you play Freddy. What a joke.
You clearly don't know what you talk about
Edit: ######### this forum s autocomplete
Playing on PC. I played Freddy from from rank 12 to rank 1. The Sloppy Butcher is useless in that situation. Since the dreamworld already applies a heavy debuff on survivor actions. Try playing him without that perk. Nurse Calling is good on him.
Oh and Freddy isn´t exactly a top tier killer.
People demanding more time to heal are unreasonable. Some perks are meant to be supportive perks, and hence, not mainstream. Sloppy butcher is already doing its job and is good as it is right now. If something needs to change, it's Tinkerer since its only 'exceptionally good' on Billy boys, but then again, I wouldn't go make threads asking them to change it, because there are players who prefer to play with that perk.
There's no luck involved: They either add up the extra time or they go down in 1-hit the next time you see them.
I'm not saying it isn't trash in comparison, i never made a direct statement.
This next comment of yours is already way better btw.
Its a killer perk, you cant compare it to the power of DS for example.
Just the irony that killer perks should be 4 times stronger ....
Sloppy butcher is amazing!!! I run it nearly on half of killers with nurse's. It slows down the game drastically, makes sc work for you. I see so many people try to sc near me, pretend I don't see them and then just lunge at them before I turn the corner Don't know why you think it is bad. Mangled is one of the best effects ion the game for killer to apply to a survivor.
Those 5 seconds increased heal time sure must be impressive...
Have you tried Fire Up yet? It´s a real burner!
/S
...
JK. I just think the personal offense people take around here is pretty hilarious. Sloppy Butcher is pretty weak but it could be worth it if/when they increase healing times. Would be cool if it also made a survivor slightly hindered for a short time after being hit.
You guys aren't looking at the big picture. Every bit of time you get back adds up.
40 seconds might not seem like much, until you realize that's a half of generator worth of time they lost.
Hell, stack it with Thanaphobia for giggles. Your keeping them injured longer, might as well ripple that effect to the rest of the team and affect generator repair time too.
Don't forget, there's still a possible universal healing nerf coming that's going to compound this effect as well.
That's why you don't use NC, instead use Distresssing. You can force survivors to leave an area because it's so impossible to heal near you. It's like NC except where NC they have the option to heal near you and be seen, with CP they don't even have the option to heal near you. If you combo CP/SB/TP then Self Care takes a full minute (like 58 seconds). That's insane. NC might show you where they are but if it's a group heal or they have a medkit then there are times they can heal before you get to them. With CP that doesn't happen, they just can't heal.
If I played more killers with normal TR I'd use CP a lot more. But I play Huntress, Hag, Freddy, and Pig, first 3 have smaller TR and the last has built in Insidious so it's less useful on them. However, it is still good for Freddy because it turns lullaby into DW in terms of heal speed, and turns DW into "there is no healing" mode.