Sloppy butcher is... really bad.
When I found out that rank 3 only adds 5 seconds to healing timers, I was disappointed. I think it’s because the perk makes it seem like it seriously hinders survivors. But it’s a pathetic 5 seconds...
I’m hopeful that eventually it will be changed to result in harder healing skill checks or the inability to use self care. It’s a long shot, it’s not thought out so carefully like my other posts, I’m not saying throw it in a PTB ASAP, just saying it feels underwhelming to be taking up a whole perk slot for just a mesely 5 seconds, and more bleeding, which by the way, if you aren’t using bloodhound may not help very much.
It sucks that a survivor that is bleeding just means their god mode turned off, bleeding actually has no effect whatsoever on the survivor’s health. I really hope that changes too. I feel it would be much more fun as a survivor, especially when being a medic, to have to worry about blood loss.
But I've made two posts on that subject already.
I’m hopeful that eventually it will be changed to result in harder healing skill checks or the inability to use self care. It’s a long shot, it’s not thought out so carefully like my other posts, I’m not saying throw it in a PTB ASAP, just saying it feels underwhelming to be taking up a whole perk slot for just a mesely 5 seconds, and more bleeding, which by the way, if you aren’t using bloodhound may not help very much.
It sucks that a survivor that is bleeding just means their god mode turned off, bleeding actually has no effect whatsoever on the survivor’s health. I really hope that changes too. I feel it would be much more fun as a survivor, especially when being a medic, to have to worry about blood loss.
But I've made two posts on that subject already.
Comments
I like Sloppy Butcher but I wouldn't mind seeing it do something like apply Broken for n seconds before applying Mangled.
I'm sure I have at least half of that a game from people I have to slap out of my way because their body-blocking a teammate. Just sayin......
There are up to eight unhooks per game that leave a survivor injured after the unhook. If you're nearby, they'll run off and SC. Even if they are healed by the unhooker, that gives you 2-3 extra seconds to get back to the hook.
Every time you hit a bodyblocker, that's 5 extra seconds for them to heal.
2 people at a gen? Slap both then chase one. Another 5 seconds, and often you can end up downing both because they run to the same pallet to heal/loop.
Chasing one person and see another nearby? Slap the extra and continue the chase, or just switch targets. 5 seconds either way.
It's not perfect, and i won't deny it could use a buff. It's not worthless though, and it doesn't get destroyed less than a minute into the match.
I honestly can't believe that people are so used to get only tiny buffs for killers, that they are happy with a 5 second buff and even defend it.
It should be way longer. There is not a single rank 1 survivor out there, who would waste a perk slot for something that gives a 5 second boost. No one takes Proof Thyself, because other survivor perks give a 100% speed bonus. Survivors don't use Botany Knowledge, because it's 20% speed bonus is considered worthless. Slippery Meat? Meh, only doubles the amount of unhook attempts and increases the chance by 25%. Vigil, only 20% faster recovery, that is not worth taking, since the exhaustion nerf. Wake Up gives a 15% bonus for opening gates. Yeah how about no.
In the meantime, killers are stuck with Sloppy Butcher, Fire Up, Monstrous Shrine, PWYF, Brutal Strength and all those other perks that give a tiny bonus. And people behave like those really make a difference.
Killers will never have the power role in a 4vs1 game. As long as they conform with weak buffs.
Sloppy Butcher is great on Nurse and Pig (a sometimes sub perk for me), and I use it on Trapper. It would arguably be strong on Hag with Monitor & Abuse with A Nurse's Calling, but I think that much stacking for one instance is unnecessary for her--just my perspective.
Sloppy Butcher doubles as a tracking perk for injured survivors, since blood is more reliable to follow than scratch marks, and the only perk to counter bleeding is No Mither. The additional 5 seconds it adds goes further when you're close by, or survivors think you have A Nurse's Calling and won't heal for fear of being seen. It ends up wasting more than 5 seconds/hit most of the time as a result, and further runs as a strong slugging perk. In cases where you down someone, but see someone nearby, you can hit them. Sometimes other survivors try to run out to heal the downed person thinking you're going to chase. And then survivors have to be healed off of the hook. Heals from long chases through many pallets and windows won't happen (though they're incredibly unlikely in normal circumstances).
It would work with the Distressing and Coulrophobia combo (assuming Ruin takes your fourth slot), but you're giving up A Nurse's Calling. Running no tracking perks could be risky if you're not playing a killer that doesn't innately find people well, such as the Doctor, Freddy, Hag, Clown, or Myers whom have advantages there. Personally, I think Coulrophobia is garbage in all but fringe cases, such as rolling The Game with a non-Nurse killer running Distressing already.