DS Immune Against Pyramid Head - Executioner
Pyramid head is the most easy one to tunnel players with and avoid getting hit by DS. After getting unhooked and he downs you he can choose to put you in the Cage of Atonement, this makes it very easy to kill players and avoid getting hit by the perk. Can the developers do something about this? make some changes? thank you.
Comments
I... You do realize that's the point yeah?
so then I just die and get tunneled the entire time without having an anti tunnel mechanic? great!
honestly with the huge ds nerf coming through i don't see why not.
I dare to say you don't go against Pyramidhead that often and even then, not every Pyramidhead do tunnel.
I believe, that PH was made to be anti-DS killer in the first place.
However, I don't mind if they'd make DS work after Cage unhook. Doesn't affect my gameplay, in most cases.
Well he was kinda made to counter DS because DS was being abused, if they go through with the changes they have for DS and it proves to not be a problem then I don't see why they'd have to keep his power a counter. But it also doesn't work with any other hook perks so that gets a little tricky past there.
Some tips in the meantime to maybe help:
Pyramid head is really too strong when it comes to tunneling.
I had a match where he downed and hooked me even though I was afflicted by torment, after I was rescued from hook he went right after me, I was downed and DS was active, so I thought I'd be safe, nope! He used the cage. Even though I was across the map, he again went straight to the cage, and tunneled me when I got rescued. Would DS give me some respite after being downed? Nope, he used his inbuilt mori.
PH kit encourages tunneling and it's broken tbh.
Use the locker tactic against pyramid head.
He can't send you to the cage while you're in a locker.
He can decide not to open the locker and leave you there
Speaking as a Pyramid Head player myself, here's some tips:
It's vital to remember that ANY perk that triggers through hook mechanics - Borrowed Time, Babysitter, Breakdown, Off the Record, Slippery Meat and so on - do not work with the Cages. If you think you might be facing a Pyramid Head or you're just that sick of him, swap these out for other perks and adapt your playstyle.
Any good Killer avoids tunneling since it just weakens their own score and isn't fun for other players involved. I am sorry you've had some trouble against PH specifically :c But I hope this can help a little, and that you get better matches going forward. I am bias in that I don't feel Pyramid Head's kit is overpowered, but I try my best to not tunnel anyone so I wouldn't say I'm the best judge in how effective he can be at tunneling.
Keep in mind that he does disable survivor unhooking perks as well as killer ones. So he can't benefit off of BBQ or pop that well even though he can ignore bt and DS.
Your teammates should be rescuing you from the hook stealthily.
You screwed up when you got Tormented.
If you're Tormented, he can still just drop you on the ground and then cage you.
I wouldn't mind it at all, as long as he didn't get an explosion notification for uncages. That alone may be the most ridiculous part of Pyramid Head!
If your DS is active though, you stun him when he pulls you out the locker
I've been DS'ed that way as Executioner, but the extra little trail that the Tormented survivor leaves makes it pretty easy to catch up if you didn't manage to drop them in time.
That's literally the point of his cages, they ignore perks. If they got rid of that, then they might as well just get rid of his cages all together. Because most of the time caging survivors hurts the Pyramid Head more then helping him.