Anyone else out there actually digging the update?

It’s still early so I was going to hold back entirely from the topic but within a handful of games I honestly have no real complaints.. just sort of enjoying it all.

I won’t defend the UI but I can’t bring myself to bash it either. Having more information scattered around isn’t as convenient so the old layout had elements that were superior as an info hub but I feel no need to jump on any hate trains whatsoever. The only personal issue I’ve actually had with the UI so far is the scaling. I have to keep it maxed out otherwise my skill checks become too small and even felt like it was throwing my timing off a bit as well.

I’ve been vibing on the survivor side first so I haven’t tried killer out yet but I’m totally digging it so far.

Comments

  • Yep, loving Clown, new maps, and new UI! Survivor animations are pretty neat but I still find they have too much of a cocky emotion. Should be a bit more afraid ya think?

    Speaking on the new UI, I don't understand why people say it exhausts them. I play on a 60in tv, and have the hud at the lowest and I still don't feel that.

    I love the fresh feeling in this update!

  • I enjoyed the update, so far, to Gideon. Although, in fairness, I think it hurts my Spooky Myers a bit as I used the darkness on the second floor to great effect before. :) Even so, I think the map is much better and more neutral, i.e. it is no longer Killer-sided. It is open enough and has enough new loops that I found my first official game on it quite challenging. My gal just had her first game on it too and said she likes it as well.

    In regards to the new UI I've no opinion yet. It is too soon. I don't like having to look around so much for concise information, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

  • Not really. The HUD is one of the worst I have seen in a game. The new animations are janky and weird. I literally feel like I’m playing a cheap mobile phone game.

    The clown feels worse to play because of a long period where the bottle needs to explode before it slows people.

    Back 4 blood can’t come sooner.

  • I played two survivor games before it crashed, and I didn't dislike the UI as much as I thought. I still wish it wasn't spread out as much, but I guess maybe i also don't look at it as much as I thought I did? It's confusing to want to know how many gens are left and have to look up, but I might get used to it after a while.

  • new clown is cool but orange bottles don’t seem worth it.

    New animations are a great foundation for something better but are stiff

    Hitboxes or latency seems to be busted and missing seems impossible

    HUD is okay but i feel like I’m looking in 10 places at once. Old one was definitely better

    New meat plant has 20 more safe pallets. A pain to play on.

    New crotus Oren seems good though

  • I'm sure as ######### not.

    Every game I've played today has been bad.

  • Well I've had one match using new clown and he seems... Normal? I mean, I'm not a big clown player but he does seem better, esepcially the reload speeds. Can't seem to find a good use for the Speed gas personally. The UI isn't bad. One thing that really confuses me is the hook icon I got when playing as Clown. It just didn't seem to explain what that was all about and nowhere in the in-game help pages does it tell you either.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    Well I've had one match using new clown and he seems... Normal? I mean, I'm not a big clown player but he does seem better, esepcially the reload speeds. Can't seem to find a good use for the Speed gas personally. The UI isn't bad. One thing that really confuses me is the hook icon I got when playing as Clown. It just didn't seem to explain what that was all about and nowhere in the in-game help pages does it tell you either.

    It’s a hook counter. There are twelve notches since the maximum amount of hooks a killer can get in a single match is 12. If 8 notches are red that would mean every survivor is on death hook assuming 4 are still alive or 6 notches are red but two are dead meaning the other two survivors haven’t been hooked at all yet.. that sort of thing. It’s supposed to help killers keep track I guess but I can’t see myself ever paying any attention to it.

  • @Starr43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929432#Comment_1929432

    It’s a hook counter. There are twelve notches since the maximum amount of hooks a killer can get in a single match is 12. If 8 notches are red that would mean every survivor is on death hook assuming 4 are still alive or 6 notches are red but two are dead meaning the other two survivors haven’t been hooked at all yet.. that sort of thing. It’s supposed to help killers keep track I guess but I can’t see myself ever paying any attention to it.

    Ahh makes sense. I thought it was some kind of timer personally. Doesn't seem like it would really help much since you don't really know who's been hooked multiple times unless you're keeping track, which I don't really. But good to know what it's supposed to be doing.

  • I love everything about the update except three things:

    1. The tiny little health bar next to the Survivor icon.
    2. The healthy male running animation.
    3. Walk through walls bugs on Disturbed Ward

    Other than that, everything is great imo.

  • @blue4zion said:

    Yep, loving Clown, new maps, and new UI! Survivor animations are pretty neat but I still find they have too much of a cocky emotion. Should be a bit more afraid ya think?

    Speaking on the new UI, I don't understand why people say it exhausts them. I play on a 60in tv, and have the hud at the lowest and I still don't feel that.

    I love the fresh feeling in this update!

    Hey look a bot

  • I'm enjoying it as well! The only thing o didn't like is that we don't have the ability to choose individual things in the ui to scale, perks are too big.

  • I love the new map designs for Crotus and Game. The perk changes are good for both sides. I don't mind the new HUD. Its actually growing on me.

    I've not played new Clown yet, but out of the ten survivor games I played today I faced only two Clowns and neither used the antidote bottle. So Clown just felt the same as always to face. I'm not keen on the new survivor animations. Especially the injured one.

  • Nope, just someone who doesn't have the same opinions as everyone else.

    Wack, this new update is dope and people are just afraid of change.

  • This update is completely fine tbh, I don't know what people are complaining about the ui on killer for. But Yea, the antidote bottles really don't change much. The best part was the reduction for bottle recharge base.

  • Don’t be a jerk. If someone likes something, they like something.

  • "Hate Train"?

    The UI is objectively bad game design. No hate just befuddlement.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929610#Comment_1929610

    Don’t be a jerk. If someone likes something, they like something.

    and what if I like bots?

  • First game as clown on The Game map and my poor clown was stuttering. Apparently survivors figure out I was slower than the nurse and just kept them gens going. I don't know what cause it but y'all did a pretty good job so far.

  • Like em all you like. Just don’t call someone that and presume they won’t be insulted by it.

  • I'm really liking it, other than getting used to the new HUD I think the game is performing great and the changes to Wraith and Clown are really cool. The speed bottles open up a hell of a lot more gameplay options than I originally thought.