[PC] The Emblem System and Pips are broken

Issue:

20210209175902_1.jpg 20210209175910_1.jpg
  1. All the Emblems are at another place.
  2. I got golden Unbroken, when I died.
  3. I depipped at a black pip.

Just play a match and black pip. I don't know what happens if I pip or if it's the same while playing killer. I'll inform you.


Edit: It seems to be completely chaotic. Unbroken was always either gold or black.

20210209185450_1.jpg 20210209200723_1.jpg

Edit after [4.5.2]: For all of you who still experience this, please add to your screenshot if you died or not, since there could be a difference. If you are on PC please remember to add you logs as well! There is a guide how to do it here in the Bugs section. Thanks!

Tagged: AcknowledgedMod

Comments

  • I've just deranked from r4 to r10. On my way to r20. Will the devs do smth about lost ranks???

  • @Psychedelic said:

    I've just deranked from r4 to r10. On my way to r20. Will the devs do smth about lost ranks???

    No I'm pretty sure they can't give back the ranks you lost. If you care about your rank then you should stop playing until they fix the bug. That's the smart thing to do.

  • @stargazer9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1942823#Comment_1942823

    No I'm pretty sure they can't give back the ranks you lost. If you care about your rank then you should stop playing until they fix the bug. That's the smart thing to do.

    Yep, sad because the rift thing, but playing in this state is not fun

  • @stargazer9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1942823#Comment_1942823

    No I'm pretty sure they can't give back the ranks you lost. If you care about your rank then you should stop playing until they fix the bug. That's the smart thing to do.

    Nvm, I want to play right now, so screw the ranks. xD

  • Yep... Have had this happen all night on stream. We ended up testing too for console and if you do KYF you actually will lose ranks Live. It saves rank progress.


    So.... Having to postpone a monthly tournament until this is fixed. 😑

  • Well, don’t come back here complaining and asking for your lost ranks back then :)

  • @stargazer9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1942874#Comment_1942874

    Well, don’t come back here complaining and asking for your lost ranks back then :)

    Why not? I'm pissed enough to complain, but not enough to stop playing. xD

  • Has anyone seen an ETA on getting this bug fixed, that I missed somewhere on social or in the forums? :(

    I ended up falling out of red ranks to purple before I noticed what exactly was happening, I just thought I was losing my mind. I've completely stopped playing until this is fixed, which is a bummer because I want to enjoy the event and work on the rift. Not to mention that with rank reset I'm now down to green.

    I had submitted a ticket for this back on the 11th, but the response was just that "QA is working on it", and "Unfortunately, we won't be able to give you a timeline as to when we can expect this to be fixed, but we promise that the team will get to work on this as soon as possible."

  • @Psychedelic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1943055#Comment_1943055

    Why not? I'm pissed enough to complain, but not enough to stop playing. xD

    Because it doesn’t make sense lol.

  • Actually, the devs turned it "up to 11" yesterday for me...I played 5 separate games, all games ended with "disconnected from server" dialog, followed by another "error something something" dialog on kickback to home menu (which needs net connection so I guess I did have it after all).....oh and obviously a -2pip penalty for each match, and a (constant) 5 min penalty afterwards.


    I used the last 2 of those matches for testing fully expecting the same outcome. Restarted both DBD and Steam after the 3rd match dc. I also started a continuous ping probe running in the background on 8.8.8.8 to make sure my connection was actually stable....and it was. After the 4th, I again exited DBD,ran a file state verification through steam, then closed both and rebooted (hoping that this was caused by some windows update issue that needed to finish initializing. Unfortunatelly, the 5th match ended in dc as well.


    I can't for the life of me figure out how a small-scale update could ever lead to such unbelievably disasterous results for what seems like the majority of the player-base. The devs (likely multiple teams given the range of changes) who worked on 4.5.0 must have worked off of task lists and check lists, as well as ran fundamental unit tests to make sure the core logic is still functional.


    My post-update experience is analogous to tetris getting a UI update, which ends up making the cleared lines to eventually start descending from the top causing automatic game over.....yet apparently not a single person from QA seeing how this might be an issue.

  • @gingeworthy said:

    Has anyone seen an ETA on getting this bug fixed, that I missed somewhere on social or in the forums? :(

    I ended up falling out of red ranks to purple before I noticed what exactly was happening, I just thought I was losing my mind. I've completely stopped playing until this is fixed, which is a bummer because I want to enjoy the event and work on the rift. Not to mention that with rank reset I'm now down to green.

    I had submitted a ticket for this back on the 11th, but the response was just that "QA is working on it", and "Unfortunately, we won't be able to give you a timeline as to when we can expect this to be fixed, but we promise that the team will get to work on this as soon as possible."

    I feel you, I was red rank, fell to purple, I wasn't able to get any pip because of the bug, and I'm green now after the rank reset.

    All I saw about the issue is on Twitter:

    https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1360285737527181316?s=21

    I also read that the first part of the reworked HUD will be part of a second patch, I do hope the ranking system will be on the first patch and coming next week... (I mean, it's still Sunday where I live.) I don't see myself waiting too long. Taking a break until it's fixed would be fine if the Rift wasn't opened. I want the Yui's head from tier 70...

  • Honestly I do not want to be trash talking but am I the only one that thinks that its taking way too long to fix such a urgent gamebreaking bug? I feel like they could've at least temporaily disabled the ranking till it's fixed so people can still do their challenges and the rift without deranking every game. Thats what they do on most of the games in my experience especially if ranked is the only option to play on.

    Any developer that can give us a ETA? I am really looking forward to play, and again I don't wanna spill tea. I'm just curious about how things are at the moment, and if it's actually being worked on in the weekend.


    Edit: also maybe a good idea to release bigger updates on the 13th when ranks reset instead of in the middle of ranking :) just because this update was a huge difference in gameplay as well and I feel that made the last days of ranking unfair anyway in general, even if there was no ranking bug. Just an idea!

  • Not sure if I'm the first one to notice it or point it out, if someone else has in this thread then I have missed it and I apologize, but I'm seeing a trend in terms of the weird pipping and the broken emblem. It seems like almost every time someone does get the Unbroken emblem, the pips are wonky but those who don't get the emblem have their pips act like normal. So I'm beginning to think that whatever is wrong with the Unbroken emblem is directly impacting pips.

  • @ARatherStrangeKiller said:

    Not sure if I'm the first one to notice it or point it out, if someone else has in this thread then I have missed it and I apologize, but I'm seeing a trend in terms of the weird pipping and the broken emblem. It seems like almost every time someone does get the Unbroken emblem, the pips are wonky but those who don't get the emblem have their pips act like normal. So I'm beginning to think that whatever is wrong with the Unbroken emblem is directly impacting pips.

    Well you are right in my 3 games (blank emblem, ok pips) but the blood pips were red when I got only the black one (that was OK, and if emblem worked, I would had only 1 pip), so must be an issue with that too

  • Again this amateurs delivered major league BS. Cant pip...jfc. This company is a bunch of...

  • @ARatherStrangeKiller said:

    Not sure if I'm the first one to notice it or point it out, if someone else has in this thread then I have missed it and I apologize, but I'm seeing a trend in terms of the weird pipping and the broken emblem. It seems like almost every time someone does get the Unbroken emblem, the pips are wonky but those who don't get the emblem have their pips act like normal. So I'm beginning to think that whatever is wrong with the Unbroken emblem is directly impacting pips.

    I just experienced this, I got 2 pips from this last game I just played. The summary / points screen showed that I went back up to Rank 4. Unbroken was gold (I escaped via hatch) but once I left the game and loaded back to menu my rank was still 5 and I only received 1 pip.

    I sadly didn't think about taking a screenshot of the final screen before leaving that match. :(

    In every other game if I am sacrificed I have no unbroken emblem and pip +/- looks to act normal.

  • Just adding that I have the same issue. Whenever I die in a match I get 0 unbroken points no matter how long I stay in. See pics below:

    error1.JPG

    Does this ^ look right? It don't look right to me.

    The perks I had on were Inner Strength, Detective's Hunch, Boil Over, and Saboteur:

    error3.JPG

    Only seems to happen when I die, the game before I lived and was able to receive my correct Unbroken points. Lemme know when this issue gets fixed. Please and thank you.

  • This is annoying. I’ve had 3 matches in a row over a couple of days (I play sporadically) and NO Unbroken emblem ranking. Luckily I didn’t lose a pip this last time, but I should have got one.... is there a way to get compensated for this?

  • Still happening any ETA on fixing this.

    20210215013947_1.jpg


  • Simply amazing... On the last page if I remembered correctly I got 34K points.. but still a +0. 1 update and the game is broken...

    1a.png 1b.png


  • @NicoStar said:

    If you die in the match you also get no points toward Unbroken regardless of survival time

    -w

  • its pretty awesome to lose a pip when a player disconnects during loading. :):):):)):):):)):):):):) twice :)

  • I mean, how come no response yet? It has been days.

  • These dev's are garbage... how the hell do they release a new tome and a broken update all at once? What's the point of even playing this garbage any more?

  • @ColdKill3r said:

    I mean, how come no response yet? It has been days.

    Here:

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HTQ80WBMD8JP/450nextsteps.png

    Following the 4.5.0 update, we have been closely monitoring feedback on a few different key changes. Already we have begun making changes, and we would like to address as many as we can in one go.

    HUD Update

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2UASMIV3Q3P0/wip2.png

    Above is a work in progress preview of the changes we’ll be making to the HUD for the 4.5.2 update. Please note that this image is not final and could be subject to further tweaks and polish.

    To summarize some of the most notable changes, we have:

    • Moved the Survivor statuses from the top left to the lower left
    • Lowered the hook counter
    • Moved the generator counter/objective to the lower left
    • Removed text from objectives
    • Added a separate scaling option for skill checks
    • Increased the size of bleedout and hook progress bars

    We hope this addresses some of the concerns over the HUD being too spread out, as well as skill checks being difficult to see on lower scaling settings. The changes listed above are planned to appear in the 4.5.2 update. We are also working on more changes to the HUD which will appear in later updates, such as:

    • Changing status effects to avoid red-on-red
    • Increasing the visibility of Killer powers (e.g. Reverse Bear Trap timers, Doctor’s Madness, etc.)
    • Increasing the visibility of text on high resolutions

    Survivor Locomotion

    We are also reviewing feedback for the new Survivor animations. While the movement itself hasn’t changed, new animations and transitions can make your character feel different to control. We want this transition to be as smooth as possible, so we are looking into the following:

    • Removing camera position changes
    • Fixing some animation bugs
    • Reviewing turning animation to better reflect the old animations

    We are tentatively planning to address some of these issues starting alongside the next Chapter. Please note that this is by no means a comprehensive list and we are still actively discussing feedback, including possible causes for motion sickness.

    Hit Registration

    Many of you have reported strange hits after the 4.5.0 update. You’re not alone, this is a high priority issue, and our team has identified a potential cause. We are aiming to have the fix ready for the 4.5.2 update.

    We have also investigated an issue which would cause Killers to be teleported to the wrong side of the pallet. This issue will be fixed in the 4.5.2 update as well.

    Miscellaneous

    Finally, there are a few frequently reported issues that we’d like to cover before we sign off:

    • Losing pips in custom games: Fixed in 4.5.1
    • Missing collision on a structure in the Asylum map: Fixed in 4.5.1
    • Impassable areas in some maps: Fixed in 4.5.1
    • Losing pips even though you appear to have safety pipped: Fixed in 4.5.2 (this was a visual bug where the game would incorrectly show you a higher quality emblem that you actually earned)
    • Misleading collision on rubble piles surrounding the Asylum: Fixed in 4.5.2

    Once again, please keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list. We will include a full list of bug fixes alongside the respective updates.

    We’d like to thank everyone who took the time to give constructive feedback and report issues from the 4.5.0 update. Please keep them coming!

    The Dead by Daylight Team


  • Is it already fixed?

  • They say unbroken emblem bug fix is in here :

    • Losing pips even though you appear to have safety pipped: Fixed in 4.5.2 (this was a visual bug where the game would incorrectly show you a higher quality emblem that you actually earned)

    But that says 4.5.2 (¿?!!) and visual bug. Are you kidding me?

  • What a nonsense bug honestly. Makes the game almost unplayable for me. I play the game cause I think it's a lot of and I enjoy the grind of getting to level one and doing my best to keep it. This just kills that for me as I know even a safety pip is gonna make my rank drop. This bug is a big yikes on the developers part. (I play on PS5)

  • Still not fixed? Wow, just wow...

  • @slayer925 said:

    They say unbroken emblem bug fix is in here :

    • Losing pips even though you appear to have safety pipped: Fixed in 4.5.2 (this was a visual bug where the game would incorrectly show you a higher quality emblem that you actually earned)

    But that says 4.5.2 (¿?!!) and visual bug. Are you kidding me?

    Really? We depip even when someone disconnects. WE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY AND WE DEPIP. Do they even play their own game?


    And there are plenty of times when you get 3 reds, nothing for unbroken (because it is bugged) and yet, no pipping. The ranked system is just broken. It happens almost every trial (I would say about 4 out of 5).

  • https://clips.twitch.tv/OutstandingArtsyMonkeyTBCheesePull-5DM3PZGQKcgk0k7j

    Killer PIP UP from SavePIP..... Oposite than survivors. Are you BHVR preparing something like that for new ranking system?

    Suspicious

  • @slayer925 said:

    They say unbroken emblem bug fix is in here :

    • Losing pips even though you appear to have safety pipped: Fixed in 4.5.2 (this was a visual bug where the game would incorrectly show you a higher quality emblem that you actually earned)

    But that says 4.5.2 (¿?!!) and visual bug. Are you kidding me?

    They want to tell us we are suddenly bad at the game I guess. No way I depipped straight from rank 2 to almost rank 5 in 2 days with decent matches.

  • A new update comes and unbroken is still broken. What the.....

  • Unbroken still broken... If you not get out, it WILL BE empty. No matter how long you alive, if you died, you will depip.

  • For first time after like 10 games, i got golden unbroken when dead. But yes, this is visual bug, because I got depiped when it said +0. This is fixed in 4.5.2. BUT there's the unbroken bug, blank or gold only, that I'm not sure if it is fixed in 4.5.2...

  • Can confirm, Unbroken emblem is still broken.

  • I’m on XBox and the Unbroken emblem is wrong after the 4.5.1 update. Play long games and last one to die and get nothing in Unbroken. If I escape I get gold. Infuriating.

  • I just disconnected after some epic tunnel. Got +1 pip...

    unknown2222.png


  • unbroken is still broken after the patch

  • I'm on Xbox and it's still broken. Usually by now I should be back to rank 9 or 10 but I'm stuck at 14.

  • player disconnected while map was loading and lost a pip. :(

  • Yes, the last fix didn't solve that issue. How is that even possible to destroy the pip ranking system, that totally worked fine and there was no need to change anything on it?

  • Please someone let us know when the bug is fixed and we can return to the game. The last patch said it was fixed but it was not - then again it was also called "visual bug".

  • @Nevrion said:

    Yes, the last fix didn't solve that issue. How is that even possible to destroy the pip ranking system, that totally worked fine and there was no need to change anything on it?

    That's programming. You fix one bug and then 100 others appear at locations you didn't even know were connected to that. My friend put it like this:

    There is a lightswitch next to the elevator. The light is on constantly. You want to save energy so you want to switch off the light, but there is a note above the switch. It says "Turning off the light shuts down the elevator as well".

    @kaoraku said:

    I just disconnected after some epic tunnel. Got +1 pip...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/71C9CQKBG17I/unknown2222.png

    That's quite unique. Are you sure you pipped by looking at your rank in the corner? I had a similar situation as well were the game sayed i doublepipped, but I only got one pip:

    20210211212727_1.jpg

    The tally screen sayed something completely different as well:

    20210211212807_1.jpg

    It's comletely busted and NOT just a visual bug as they claim.

    How would I depip 80% of my matches when I die (= black unbroken), while the other emblems are fine. I know what I do during the match. I got a feeling for my emblem progression. I have do work double not to depip in case I die.

  • @Nancy911 said:

    Please someone let us know when the bug is fixed and we can return to the game. The last patch said it was fixed but it was not - then again it was also called "visual bug".

    Losing pips in a private match was fixed. This stuff here will be fixed in the next patch.

  • It is nearly impossible to be a rank 1 survivor right now. LOL

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1951755#Comment_1951755

    Losing pips in a private match was fixed. This stuff here will be fixed in the next patch.

    Well it is not mentioned to be in that patch, but honestly - it is normal that they put live an update, what ######### up so many things? And then not roll back, but "we will fix 2 weeks from now"? And we talking about emblem and rank system, not some boobphysics or a vizual glitch on a clothing.

  • ######### you behavior

    unknown.png


  • i de-ranked from 7 to 10 because of this, it's still happening. when i gain 1 pip, it gives me 0. i need to pip up twice to pip up JUST once.

  • @elynian said:

    this is so annoying, trying to get to rank 1 and deranked back to 4 even though i black pipped

    I was rank 1 a few days ago. Now I'm rank 7.

1 2 3 4 5 6