DS idea by a non DS user. Just an idea.
I play mostly solo survivor, and rarely use DS because I prefer to use other perks that give me information, since there isn't much when you're playing solo.
The new DS change is that it will get disabled if you do any actions, including tapping a gen, tapping a heal on another survivor, tapping a totem, unhooking. I can see this being an issue if you happen to missclick and tap something by mistake, since this game likes to use the same keys for a lot of actions.
In my opinion, when people said DS was 1 minute of invincibility was because if a survivor was doing any action and the killer went to grab them, they would be hit with DS (example being grabbed when doing a gen or a totem, when the survivor wouldn't let go of those.
Would it be an enough change to disable DS on grabs? Per example, a survivor goes for the unhook when they have DS active, if the killer would to grab them, DS would deactivate. Same goes for doing a gen or cleansing a totem. DS would simply not work on grabs, if that makes any sense?
I feel like disabling it entirely by just tapping a gen or a totem for 1 second, will promote more useless, immersed team mates, which is already a thing you see a lot in solo Q.
With that being said, I do prefer the "new" nerfed/reworked DS to the one we have currently, but I feel like some things weren't exactly thought out.
Comments
You're nearly never grabbing a survivor off a hook or gen if they're even remotely competent. Deactivating on grabs only would be almost irrelevant.
Not to mention dedicated servers have basically made most grabs non existent anyway.
From the games I see, like I mentioned, it didn't matter if you were competent or not, people would still play aggressively and commit to things because they knew if they were grabbed they had DS.
With your change they would just bait the grab for a hit and then you either eat the DS or they unbreakable/get picked up.
Not everyone will have DS+ UNB.
You still can make the decision of leaving them slugged or pick them up, like you have now, like you'll have with the new reworked DS.
Grabs don't work since dedicated servers were added. Survivors need to literally blindfold themself to be grabbed by the killer.
So you would down them instead, stopping them from doing anything since they would be on the ground, not working on a gen or getting the unhook.
There's a difference between being forced to slug and a killer choosing to slug. Slugging in general is a bad idea as it's very high risk. Killers choose to slug when the survivors present an opportunity for snowball or a multi-survivor slug for pressure, aka when the potential reward is high enough for the risk.
In other words, killers don't just randomly slug, that's a bad move. You slug at opportune times.
Even if we assume no Unbreakable which is common on good survivors, unless you're hard camping that guy on the ground he's gonna get up for free. Yeah someone got off a gen to help him, but you lost more time than they did. Not to mention if he was greeding the gen that hard it was almost done and will probably be insta popped right then.
And they would use unbreakable and continue doing gens etc. Meaning I still can't punish them for doing dumb stuff in my face unless I'll babysit them and lose the match because of that.
So, what is your plan to make them not useless for the solo survivors who are in the same match trying to complete gens?
My problem isn't necessarily the grabs my problem is that you shouldn't be able to progress the objective and still have decisive strike as an option.
If you are comfortable enough to be progressing the objective you are not being tunneled if you change it for grabs any smart survivor it's just going to let go of the gen and let you down them at that point it could use unbreakable or just wait for the pickup.
Honestly I think what was showed on stream is the healthiest way to change it as I said in previous posts add some extra cushioning for actual tunnel situations (causing the timer when in chase and allowing it to activate twice whether you hit it or missed once per unhook) after that it should be all good
Them not dying to tunneling killer is what makes them not useless. They can get away, heal and then do gens, when they're no longer in danger of beiing tunneled.
If people just used their brains and evaded a killer insted of healing under a hook and then go pikatchu face when killer gets back and downs them they wouldn't be tunneled as often as they are.
And how is people refusing to heal me because they have DS going to help me in solo Q? Should everyone just start bringing self care?
So, you're saving injured while killer is close or what ? You won't get tunneled if killer is across the map and you can heal each other,no needing DS active but if killer is nearby, don't heal right there. Go find a pallet or something and heal each other out of danger.
This is exactly the bad behaviour old DS supported, I have DS so I can heal under hook risk-free not wasting any time because if killer comes here, he's tunneling me and I get a free stun/stall. Dumb teammates won't heal you anyway, DS or not. That's a matchmaking issue, not a DS issue.
You missed my point entirely. Solo survivors wont have people to heal them if they want to keep their DS. I never mentioned it was under the hook or not. No one stays under the hook for 1 full minute.
Why would you want to keep your DS and not heal if killer isn't nearby ? Will you get tunneled after killer catches someone else, hooks them and comes back some 30-40s later.
You hypnotizing that people will just do nothnig for 60s for the sake of their keeping their anti-tunneling perk active when they aren't beiing tunneled at all. If they do that, they deserve to lose since they wasted too much time.
As I said, you and your teammates both will have to evaluate the situation if it's save to heal, if it is, you can both heal as killer is far way. If it isn't and he's around ready to tunnel you, don't heal and try to get away / use locker.
Don't ask me that, I'm not the one trying to keep my DS, i'm the one trying to get healed. Even at red ranks, I've gotten times when a team mate refuses to heal me, even though I'm on death hook. New DS will just make that happen more often. I've had enough 3men SWF in my team while I play solo in 4k hours to know how selfish those get.
You can always find some other way to heal or someone else to heal you other then the person you just uhooked, at that stage, you should be healing them as they have DS and won't be able to heal you. Overall making saves when injured is a bad call in solo unless desperate or you know it's safe.
Besides that, beiing injured is not the end of the world. If you're good you'll heal about 2 times per match as long as you don't get potatoes in your team, then it's a lost game no matter what you do.
Being healed when you're on last hook is indeed the end if you get caught.
So you're saying more people should use self care?
I think it only gets deactivated if you heal yourself, not if someone else heals you.
It deactivates if you heal someone else or yourself.
Depends on the situation. In certain situations, it's better for the team to just finish the gen in front of us, even if the other person is on death hook. You might call it selfish but your sacrifice was not in vain if the killer guns you down. Other times, yeah you don't lose much for healing the other person.
The new DS requires ppl to heal each other cuz it doesn't deactivate on being healed by others. Being a true selfish jerk is going to bite them back anyway. It might actually lead to ppl forming non-selfish habits.
My sacrifice is in vain because I don't get points for my team escaping.
Whose being selfish now.
I am selfish for wanting to survive and get points? Lmao
I don't care if people use selfcare, find teammates ot heal them, bring medkits or just stay injured the whole match. I want survivors to do clever decistions based on the circumstances they are in.
Playing smart is the strongest thing survivors can do, no perk will help solo survivors if they act like headless chicken, doing things that would normally kill them and getting used to not beiing punished for that. If there was actual good match making we would see that solo survivor experince isn't that bad when your teammtes know that they're doing.
No brain will help a solo survivor if the team isn't actually playing as a team. Like it doesn't matter me being in red ranks if my team mates are rank 15-20. You cant do great ona 1v1, the game wasn't balanced that way. You're underestimating the stupidity of a lot of red ranks who got carried there because they only played SWF.
Yes. Certain situations call for finishing the gen over healing some1. More ppl are likely to survive in those situations.
Me dying because someone didn't heal me because they wanted to keep their DS isn't me being selfish.
A solo survivor isn't selfish for wanting to survive by wanting someone to heal them. Most backwards mentality.
So if u want to argue around hypotheticals we can keep talking around each other. You not finishing the gen and standing there t-bagging for a heal is completely selfish. Refusing to do anything until healed in gear of death is selfish. It's on the same level of some1 not doing anything to preserve their DS to survive.
You're basically saying that someone's DS, that might have only been hooked once, is more valuable than a team mate being alive.
Now, who's really selfish?
But what if they were only trying to survive to get those sweet points? How is that selfish?
Because, if you read what i said, it says they were not on death hook, and they could also be healed....????????
And if u read what I said there are moments when doing a gen is better for the team then just healing some1 on death hook but since you stuck with hypotheticals I wrote my own.
As someone who majored in game design, I do care about hypothetical situations, because at the end of the day, they also exist and are part of the game.
If you don't care about them or don't want to add anything related to the situation that I'm mentioned, sure, but I don't see how that adds anything of value to anything that I've said.
Then you obviously aren't very good at game design cuz you're pigeon holing yourself by focusing on one small hypothetical not even really apart of your original design goals. The keyword you used was hypotheticals. Not singular.
that doesn't stop survivors from doing gens and other things with DS active and you are 100% not getting grabs as anything other than a stealth killer especially when they are aware it will disable DS + grabs already are pretty weird and don't usually work. survivors will just not risk grabs even vault ones.