Can Nurse get a Different perk
I want to start this off by stating the obvious, NOT ALL PERKS ARE GREAT.
This said, I have never seen a more useless Perk than Nurse Sally's Stridor. For those who don't know what it does let me educate you. At T3 it makes Grunts 50% louder and Breathing 25% louder. This seems interesting except when you factor the following.
1) If you hit someone you are most likely chasing them for the second hit.
2) The amount of Background noise this game comes up with is outrageous. So you really won't be hearing an increase in their "breathing"
3) Going off number 2. I have tested the so called "Breathing" sound increase and honestly idk what this game is talking about, you can't really hear the breathing at all.
The issue I have with this perk is that it only does 50% of what its suppose to do, and that 50% isn't really an increase the sound of them grunting. Any person who plays killer a lot knows how to hunt with out needing what ever this Stridor perk calms to give. There is really no difference in sound when using this perk vs not using it, thus its really pointless in all spectrums of functionality and usefulness.
What makes this more infuriating is going for adept with the nurse. You are basically gimping your self to just 2 perks instead of three. Now her other perks are great no questions about it but still, I would like to see this perk redone or flat out changed.
Comments
[Rin Yamaoka has entered the chat]
Actually, i am trying to learn nurse and am having a huge problem tracking after blinking. Stridor has been a blessing in allowing me to hear someone injured near by.
I agree. As far as Nurse goes, her perks are fitting and help new Nurse's figure her out and locate survivors if your blinks are being out of hand.
I personally must say that strider confuses me more than helps with being used to normal breathing or moaning sounds and the increased distance messes me up.
Stridor is good on Spirit, decent on Nurse and Legion, it's a nice counter to Iron Will, and is also by extension kind of useful on hit-and-run builds.
But mostly it's for Spirit.
Some perks are created to synergy with other perks/Killers. An example is clearly Zenshin Tactics + PWYF. Then you have Stridor + Spirit or Spirit Fury (which is garbage alone) + Enduring.
why would Zanshin Tactics be good with PWYF? you mean Nemesis?
I think so... Whatever the perk is that makes you obsession if you get slammed with a pallet lol. Sorry, I haven't bought a killer in years to protest the devs haha
yeah that'd be Nemesis; Zanshin Tactis is the Windows Of Opportunity but for Killers:tm: