Decisive Strike finally has a downside

First of all, I interpret the nerf to only include actions YOU perform. So in regards to healing, you can still be healed, you just can’t heal anyone else without deactivating the perk.

Overall, I think the nerf is smart because it makes Decisive Strike cost the time it can potentially buy. It can greatly extend your chase and time in a match if you get tunneled, but it can also be a massive slowdown to your team due to Decisive users that don’t get tunneled missing out on potentially 120 seconds of generator progress (60 seconds each unhook).

Survivors will have to have good decision making when using it similar to Self-Care. Play the perk right and its super useful. Play the perk wrong and you could cost your team the match. They’ll have to gauge how at risk they are and decide if the gen progress or immortality is worth more.

Comments

  • I honestly would've preferred it if the timer was shorter but paused if you were in a chase, you can run out the timer while being chased and then lose on the perk that's supposed to protect you from tunneling.

    Overall, good changes

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    I honestly would've preferred it if the timer was shorter but paused if you were in a chase, you can run out the timer while being chased and then lose on the perk that's supposed to protect you from tunneling.

    Overall, good changes

    pausing during a chase would not address the swf problem though, and long swf queues are the reason it's even been addressed finally. it's received the necessary changes. It looks going byt he tooltip as if you can make it to a locker if there isn't a close pallet still if somebody pulls you down in front of a killer and you aren't down again already. And when you are down againa lready it'll still work for you if they pick you up too soon.

    This is a good way to not hurt the solos but still address the issues the perk had. By the time a unhooked person made it on a safe generator and had put some second sinto working it, ds would probably have worn off byt he time the killer found them again or shortly intot he next chase anyways. So anybodya lready intending to use it properly shouldn't feel too impacted by it once they get used to it. And it should shave about 5 minutes off of evening survivor queue length within a few days. Coupled with this change, and the lunar festival especially if they did somehting about object too by then both roles should be enjoyable for me again between killer being fun again and survivor queues being fast again.

  • @SocialDistomancy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917986#Comment_1917986

    pausing during a chase would not address the swf problem though, and long swf queues are the reason it's even been addressed finally. it's received the necessary changes. It looks going byt he tooltip as if you can make it to a locker if there isn't a close pallet still if somebody pulls you down in front of a killer and you aren't down again already. And when you are down againa lready it'll still work for you if they pick you up too soon.

    oh yeah, you're right.

    and i thought i was being smart

  • I’m just happy it’s becoming more fair for killers.

    However, as regarding to the downsides, I don’t think they added downsides. They just added some requirements, not trade off .

    Its strength remains the same when used in tunnelling, but it can’t be abused now, which is fantastic!

  • @OmegaXII said:

    I’m just happy it’s becoming more fair for killers.

    However, as regarding to the downsides, I don’t think they added downsides. They just added some requirements, not trade off .

    Its strength remains the same when used in tunnelling, but it can’t be abused now, which is fantastic!

    You’re right if a Killer is hellbent on tunneling a Survivor. Decisive will still be as good as ever.

    But it won’t help against being chased shortly after being unhooked if you assumed you were safe and started a gen, which some people still might consider “tunneling.” Not sure I agree with that idea though. But I but it’ll be complained about

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1918007#Comment_1918007

    You’re right if a Killer is hellbent on tunneling a Survivor. Decisive will still be as good as ever.

    But it won’t help against being chased shortly after being unhooked if you assumed you were safe and started a gen, which some people still might consider “tunneling.” Not sure I agree with that idea though. But I but it’ll be complained about

    I think it is fair. You choose to progress your objectives, meaning you feel like you have enough safety to do so.

    Only stealth killers are able to fake this, but you can counter it because you know what killer you’re facing a

    After all It’s your choice after all whether you want to do progress your objectives or not. It’s the risk you need to make, which is good.

  • The devs made DS much less abusable. Good changes.

  • @gatsby said:

    First of all, I interpret the nerf to only include actions YOU perform. So in regards to healing, you can still be healed, you just can’t heal anyone else without deactivating the perk.

    Overall, I think the nerf is smart because it makes Decisive Strike cost the time it can potentially buy. It can greatly extend your chase and time in a match if you get tunneled, but it can also be a massive slowdown to your team due to Decisive users that don’t get tunneled missing out on potentially 120 seconds of generator progress (60 seconds each unhook).

    Survivors will have to have good decision making when using it similar to Self-Care. Play the perk right and its super useful. Play the perk wrong and you could cost your team the match. They’ll have to gauge how at risk they are and decide if the gen progress or immortality is worth more.

    I do hope they clarify whether or not your teammates healing you shuts off DS. I hope it doesn't. It would be very cruel if someone saves you from a hook, touches you to get rid of your DS then takes off.

    Come on. We all know in this game, there are people who would do that.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/224091/decisive-strike-finally-has-a-downside

    I do hope they clarify whether or not your teammates healing you shuts off DS or not. I hope it doesn't. It would be very cruel if someone saves you from a hook, touches you to get rid of your DS then takes off.

    Come on. We all know in this game, there are people who would do that.

    I really get annoyed with people that hook heal it's not a smart move and really asking for trouble but yeah more info regarding it but I never have ran ds apart from doing adept Laurie so lol good healthy changes tho I'm get ds more than I care and I truly go out of my way to play fair so very happy right now 🐷💖

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    I honestly would've preferred it if the timer was shorter but paused if you were in a chase, you can run out the timer while being chased and then lose on the perk that's supposed to protect you from tunneling.

    Overall, good changes

    The killer could just moonwalk to prevent a chase and take advantage of a shorter timer

  • How's ds less abusable when survivors wont do anything but bodyblock the killer since they cant do anything else?

    As if this change will make people stop ranting

  • The downside is doing the objective. That is not a perk.

  • @Freddy96 said:

    How's ds less abusable when survivors wont do anything but bodyblock the killer since they cant do anything else?

    As if this change will make people stop ranting

    If a survivor want to grind up against the killer, at least it doesn't cost the killer any time.

    I imagine that ds bodyblocking is going to be as predictable in behavior as when someone has bt. They start doing flat out stupid things.

    You can just slug them and still have los of the person you are after.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1918255#Comment_1918255

    If a survivor want to grind up against the killer, at least it doesn't cost the killer any time.

    I imagine that ds bodyblocking is going to be as predictable in behavior as when someone has bt. They start doing flat out stupid things.

    You can just slug them and still have los of the person you are after.

    That's the same of what people are doing right now, also be ready for crouching behind a gen bait.

    This so called nerf is a placebo and so many clueless killers are getting fooled by it.

    As tru3 said back in 2019 "now ds is a fair perk that punishes tunneling" how the turn tables and will be the same in 2021

  • @Freddy96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1918289#Comment_1918289

    That's the same of what people are doing right now, also be ready for crouching behind a gen bait.

    This so called nerf is a placebo and so many clueless killers are getting fooled by it.

    As tru3 said back in 2019 "now ds is a fair perk that punishes tunneling" how the turn tables and will be the same in 2021

    I just dont see that as a problem. If I hook the survivor and while I'm with another survivor the former doesnt do anything but hold ds, the killer is still coming out with an advantage.

    Worst case is they ds you and now what? They didn't do anything but sit next to gen pretending to work instead of actually working on it. You can always go back to patrolling gens after you eat it.

    It reminds me of survivors when they go against PH where they would rather get downed than cross the red lasagna and make it to a pallet.

    Also Tru changes his mind flippantly sometimes, but the man is allowed to do that because he never claimed to "the" source on all things dbd.