For those that say the devs don't listen...

Welp, we got DS and OoO nerfs. and not only did we get them, the DS nerfs are EXACTLY what we asked for. DS now deactivates after you heal, hop on a gen, unhook, and sabotage. Thank you so much BHVR, I am now completely content with the perks in this game, on all sides. What do you guys think? what's your thoughts on the changes? do you guys like them?

Comments

  • Only change to the nerf should be remove the timer. They may get downed after getting unhooked and then slugged. No one should have to face the whole drawn out bleeding timer.

  • I think DS deactivating on healing is a bit rough, considering that healing is the action that generally comes after the unhook

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    Only change to the nerf should be remove the timer. They may get downed after getting unhooked and then slugged. No one should have to face the whole drawn out bleeding timer.

    problem with that is that they could abuse it if it had no timer by not doing anything and always having it active.

  • @Trashmaster said:

    I think DS deactivating on healing is a bit rough, considering that healing is the action that generally comes after the unhook

    I think it should deactivate on a full heal. if you get half healed and the killer comes right back and downs you, I agree, that's not fair.

  • @Trashmaster said:

    I think DS deactivating on healing is a bit rough, considering that healing is the action that generally comes after the unhook

    I like the changes proposed so far but yes that sounds like an issue. Now does that mean someone unhooks you and if they start healing you DS deactivates? Or does it mean you get unhooked and if you start healing yourself DS turns off? If teammates healing you does not turn off DS I think that sounds fair. I can picture a ######### teammate saving you, touching you to turn off your DS then running away.

  • It took years.

    Meanwhile the UI feedback is being totally ignored.

    Idk, it definitely makes me think a bit better of them, but they absolutely do still ignore a lot of the community. I wouldn't say totally ignore though, this proves they do listen to some degree.

    It just takes, WAY more than it should to get through to them.

  • @TheBigBingus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917155#Comment_1917155

    problem with that is that they could abuse it if it had no timer by not doing anything and always having it active.

    This would not really a problem, at least not for the Killer. A Survivor not doing anything to be invulnerable is basically the same as a dead Survivor.

  • I´m sitting here cracking my first beer of 2021 because I´m very happy with the upcoming stuff. I´ve campaigned for Object changes since summer. Genuinely amazed about what´s to come, I´m even getting my hopes up that they will take the UI feedback seriously!

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    I´m sitting here cracking my first beer of 2021 because I´m very happy with the upcoming stuff. I´ve campaigned for Object changes since summer. Genuinely amazed about what´s to come, I´m even getting my hopes up that they will take the UI feedback seriously!

    me too! I've wanted object changes for a long time, and honestly I'm very exited to see where the game goes from here, because its honestly looking up. I think they've learned something from the Twins release they they need to take our feedback seriously, and honestly I'm super exited.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917176#Comment_1917176

    This would not really a problem, at least not for the Killer. A Survivor not doing anything to be invulnerable is basically the same as a dead Survivor.

    Yeah I was about to say the same thing

  • @Trashmaster said:

    I think DS deactivating on healing is a bit rough, considering that healing is the action that generally comes after the unhook

    That’s on the survivor to ensure they’re somewhere safe, and they’ve definitely eluded the killer before healing.

    So no more dumb healing under hook unless 100% sure the killer isn’t coming back.

  • @TheBigBingus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917173#Comment_1917173

    I think it should deactivate on a full heal. if you get half healed and the killer comes right back and downs you, I agree, that's not fair.

    The healing part is YOU start healing someone, not if you get healed. So the incentive is for yourself to get healed first by teammates rather than self-care.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    It took years.

    Meanwhile the UI feedback is being totally ignored.

    Idk, it definitely makes me think a bit better of them, but they absolutely do still ignore a lot of the community. I wouldn't say totally ignore though, this proves they do listen to some degree.

    It just takes, WAY more than it should to get through to them.

    They already said they did hear feedback about the UI and while nothing major will change since the PTB it's because they want to hear the feedback from EVERYBODY, not just a few select PC players. However, they did hear people's complaints on colorblind issues with the new UI, so there will be some changes done with those.

    The devs are clearly listening all the time, just because they don't talk about everything they hear and want to do, doesn't mean they aren't listening.

  • @TheBigBingus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917155#Comment_1917155

    problem with that is that they could abuse it if it had no timer by not doing anything and always having it active.

    Okay how about the timer freezes when you're in the dying state for more than 3 seconds so it can be slug proof?

  • @Onyx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917183#Comment_1917183

    The healing part is YOU start healing someone, not if you get healed. So the incentive is for yourself to get healed first by teammates rather than self-care.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917190#Comment_1917190

    They already said they did hear feedback about the UI and while nothing major will change since the PTB it's because they want to hear the feedback from EVERYBODY, not just a few select PC players. However, they did hear people's complaints on colorblind issues with the new UI, so there will be some changes done with those.

    The devs are clearly listening all the time, just because they don't talk about everything they hear and want to do, doesn't mean they aren't listening.

    They don't listen to most people, the colorblind issue actually helped confirm how hard it is to get them to listen; it's not a defense for them it's an example of how much fight and struggle it takes to have ANY communication.

    So we'll have to disagree on this one, I think they still have a long way to go. This is a good step forward though.

  • @Trashmaster said:

    I think DS deactivating on healing is a bit rough, considering that healing is the action that generally comes after the unhook

    Note it deactivates on the heal action. Not actually healing.

    Healing another survivor and medkit/self care are actions and will deacticate DS

    Getting healed by another survivor or second wind/inner strengt are not action and will not disable DS

    A survivor with we'll make it can still heal you in 8 seconds and you will have 50ish seconds left on DS

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917256#Comment_1917256

    They don't listen to most people, the colorblind issue actually helped confirm how hard it is to get them to listen; it's not a defense for them it's an example of how much fight and struggle it takes to have ANY communication.

    So we'll have to disagree on this one, I think they still have a long way to go. This is a good step forward though.

    They LITERALLY listen, like... hello? Did you not see this? The colorblind changes were clearly being developed for quite a long time judging by the screenshots they provided? How do I know this? Because the aura o the gens are not the current gen auras. So yes, they ARE listening, saying they aren't is just being 100% wrong just because you hold a grudge.

    The problem isn't that they aren't listening, it's that they keep so much behind closed doors until they can go "surprise!". They literally listen to everybody, but the problem is they don't communicate their intentions as often as they should, so it feels like people are ignored.

  • I can't believe an undying/totem question didn't make it in today.

    The fact that totems are becoming irrelevant is a big problem - being able to skip them entirely as a Survivor, without having to worry about Undying activating it, is a huge reduction in objectives. Now you will only cleanse if it glows, except for the rare occurances when someone brings NOED which just doesn't happen in red ranks. So red rank = ignore totems.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917176#Comment_1917176

    This would not really a problem, at least not for the Killer. A Survivor not doing anything to be invulnerable is basically the same as a dead Survivor.

    It would enable more of what we have today - you have DS, just go for that hook or other aggressive action knowing if you get hit that they can't ever pick you up until your team comes. More survivors running at Killers - yay!