Why has noed, of all perks, gone unchanged?

I'm a killer main, I don't use it, but do understand why people hate it. It's the most complained about perk in the entire game. Less frustrating and less used perks have been nerfed, but why not noed? This isn't a nerf/ rework noed thread, genuinely asking why?

Edit: I know noed went from a regular perk to a hex perk. I meant why it's stayed functionally the same, despite the daily "nerf noed" posts on Twitter, Forums, Reddit, ect.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Cause the devs don't view it as a problem, and that's really it.

  • Probably because it has been changed a few times.

    The original NOED used to activate after the last gen and last the duration of the match.

    It was then changed to last for 2 minutes after the last gen activated.

    Now we have NOED tied to a totem so its power can be removed before it can activate.

    The only problem with it currently imo is that it can reward hard camping as the way to punish this is doing gens and getting out asap so doing totems lessens the viability of this. This is a hard one to fix imo as it would need quite a few stipulations so neither side can abuse it.

  • Do bones or go home.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1899492#Comment_1899492

    “wE wAnT aN eXtRa ObJecTiVe”

    ”nO, nOt BoNeS.”

    ”SoMeThInG eLsE wE’LL pRoBaBlY aLsO iGnOrE.”

    I mean, wasting time doing nothing (AKA cleansing dulls) in the case that a killer is using 1 perk out of a hundred isn't really a secondary objective.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I personally think it's kept as a handicap to help newer players/bad players have a chance. Similar to DS, BT etc

    Just my guess.

    I would love to see kill rate stats for a weekend that has NOED turned off. I don't think people realize how much NOED single handedly alters the games kill stats. I think it's pretty massive.

    You also got to think how any of those people were already injured so the only affect they are getting is a 4% speed increase

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898994#Comment_1898994

    You also got to think how any of those people were already injured so the only affect they are getting is a 4% speed increase

    Even if they were already injured and the 4% move speed is the only factor is doesn't change my opinion. 4% move speed is quite significant towards getting downs you wouldn't have otherwise.

  • @Bwsted said:

    I'm not going to partake in the same debate on this same topic beating the usual dead horse. I will strictly answer your question and it's pretty simple and no, I'm not going to be sarcastic.

    He-who-shall-not-be-named uses NOED on all his killers and apparently getting a NOED proc is 'earned'. Kinda of a WeirdChamp definition of earning (sorta like saying you 'earned' a DS proc, even if you get straight-up tunneled. No, you simply put an insurance perk in the slot). Also, probably something about 'stats' and stuff like that.

    Really, that's it.

    See and that's what I was thinking. I was only questioning why it's stayed functionally the same when it's been the longest and most complained about perk.

  • Cause devs themselves have said that NOED is in a fine state as it has its counters that are very apparent

  • NOED isn't a problem. It only activates after all the gens are done, which means that for 90% of the trial, the killer is playing with 3 perks. This means they're effectively gimping themselves. Do bones. It's not that hard. See a dull totem on the way to a generator? Cleanse it.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1899503#Comment_1899503

    I mean, wasting time doing nothing (AKA cleansing dulls) in the case that a killer is using 1 perk out of a hundred isn't really a secondary objective.

    Sure it is.

    The goal is to escape.

    NoED is a real possible threat that could prevent that goal.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1899476#Comment_1899476

    The only thing I have to say about this comment is...get gud or what I would prefer.

    *Click* *Click* *Click* Look guys a Baby Killer!

    You misunderstand. I don’t event use NoED. I don’t think NoED is too weak. As I said I think NoED should be buffed in order to get survivors to actually cleanse dulls. No other reason.

    Oh, and I’ve been around since the release of Nightmare on Elm Street. Not a baby killer.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1899369#Comment_1899369

    LOL XDDDDD

    Imagen to need Noed to get atleast one kill XD. And you also cry for a Buff for it.

    I mean I already know that you are not good in this game, but damm this is a whole new Level. Do you need a Hug?

    Wow, you’re whole goal here is to see how much of a jerk you can be huh?

    The forum members here are claiming “Why has NoED not yet been changed?”

    They’re wrong.

    NoED has gone through many changes.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1899614#Comment_1899614

    Wow, you’re whole goal here is to see how much of a jerk you can be huh?

    The forum members here are claiming “Why has NoED not yet been changed?”

    They’re wrong.

    NoED has gone through many changes.

    I meant why hasn't it functionally been changed, i.e. the exposed status after not cleansing all totems. The devs say it's balanced, so know I know why.

  • Probably because survivors have control over whether it activates or not.

    Edit: Additionally, Almo seems to be fond of it in his builds, so I don't see a change coming any time soon.

  • @crowbarman said:

    Noed is the only thing keeping dull totems around after 4.5. If they nerf noed then you might as well just ignore every dull dotem.

    Then make a compromise that makes dull totems need to be cleansed. Someone suggested I saw the other day to put tokens on remaining dull totems which equates to how many noed hits you get. Otzdarva's suggestion was a token system too. The infinite hits is just nuts against low rank survivors. Noed doesn't necessarily need a nerf because it's not unbalanced in the meta. Just incredibly unfun at low/mid level. A rework would be a much better solution. There is a player retention issue with this game because there are a lot of unfun elements which should be stamped out.

  • Because it has that old 2016 dbd vibe of when this game was unbalanced for real but funny.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1899237#Comment_1899237

    Because they are activating in many, many scenarios that aren't tunneling or camping.

    that doesn't mean they're for bad or newer players. Can't tell you how many times I wish I had either perk, but since I don't run those it's unfortuante. Hate it when a teammate gets camped (like this feng was against a twin at 5 gens) and there was nothing any of us could about it since no one had bt.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1899313#Comment_1899313

    See that works if you're in SWF. The amount of times I see a gen done with an uncleansed totem near it it's a lot. I could have cleansed 4 totems, and hope my team did the other one, but a lot of times they have not.

    detectives hunch, make it your job to do the totems, its really not a big deal

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1899434#Comment_1899434

    detectives hunch, make it your job to do the totems, its really not a big deal

    Sure I'll run DH if you make kindred and bond base kit for solo players, so I then can use other perks instead of having everything to make me in solo Q

1 2 ›