Stranger Things
Just out of curiosity why did they choose to put Steve into the game rather than Jonathan? In the series, Jonathan had more of a role than Steve did so I was just curious if anyone knew.
Just out of curiosity why did they choose to put Steve into the game rather than Jonathan? In the series, Jonathan had more of a role than Steve did so I was just curious if anyone knew.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Because steves a badass and jonathon is a wiener
Jonathan is bored already in the middle of season 2 and in season 3 completely. Could serve as Steve's legendary skin or better yet have Billy Hargrove
Sorry I just finished binge watching season one and that question popped into my head. I plan on watching more though. It was good.
Because Steve has a nicer butt and better hair.
Popularity reasons
Jonathan, a wiener? He kicked Steve’s ass in season one and was brave enough to go against the demogorgon
Disagree.
I used to like Jonathan more than Steve when I finished season 1, but later Steve becomes way more interesting and Jonathan way more dull imo. Hence Steve is more popular.
I just want a hopper skin
Give us Stranger Things 2 Chapter
Better than Jonathan or better than Billy Hargrove
The chapter is not based solely on season 1 and Steve gets kind of more important in the newer seasons.
also i thought Nancy was an odd choice. I thought she was pretty bland and didn’t make that much of an impact in the show.. still hoping for Barb, Robin or Joyce legendary.
Yes, a Robin skin for Nancy or her own character is what I want the most. The Scoops Ahoy team.
I think they definitely would have picked two of the kids if they didn't have the whole "no minors" thing going on. El and one of the boys would have been more sensible picks as far as "show main characters", but Nancy and Steve definitely still satisfy. Hopper honestly would have been the most reasonable pick for a male character but I guess they thought it would be strange to include a younger female character with an older male character (since Will's mom honestly would have been an unlikely pick for the female character to add, hence they went with the recognizable Steve and his female counterpart, Nancy)
Yeah, from that perspective I get it. The main chars are definitely the kids, so they couldn’t take them (and I think Eleven with her power would also be a special case even if she was older)
maybe it’s only me, but Nancy was a little bit of a let down in the show. Not because of the actress, but the writing and the overall presence felt so.. neglected.. meanwhile Robin and Barb were even minor chars and they were written so well..
Oh I totally agree with you about Nancy. Steve is great as a character, but Nancy... while sometimes enjoyable... is almost frustrating at times. I'm not sure how to explain it haha. She definitely became somewhat more boring as the series went on past s1, imo
The way she played Steve in their relationship kind of turned me off of her, too, LMAO
Still, I think the only other reasonable option for a female character from the series to be added would have been Joyce... and to be honest... Nancy is by far the more recognizable character, AND has better options for cosmetics (which 100% mattered, I think). Barb was barely a blip on the scene as far as the whole series goes, and Robin was relatively new and honestly not that integral to the show when compared to Nancy, regardless of how much more enjoyable she currently is as a character.
Better than Jonathan. Billy is a snacc and I can't wait for him to be a survivor in this game. Mmm mm mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmmm.
I get that Joyce is a fan favourite but I don't really think she fits into dbd all that well. Picking Nancy over Robin definitely was weird though, but I suppose she's been a character from the start and Robin only came in in Season three. Also, store reasons? Nancy had a bunch of distinct outfits, along with Steve, while Robin only has her scoops uniform. Same with Jonathan, I can't really think of anything he wore that stood out, I guess other than his camera. I'm still holding out hope though that we get Robin and Jonathan cosmetics soon
He's too old to run and vault all the time...lol
Laughs in bill
Have you heard Bill lately? Between that smoker's cough and all his grunts, he probably shouldn't be vaulting so much either! 🤣
Steve stood out in Season 2 and 3.
But he can