Freddy is too easy to play; remove or nerf him.

Yeah, you read the title and i'm not going back on it. Unfortunately, Freddy is too powerful and makes this game P2W. It's grown so bad because his whole entire GAMEPLAY is a crutch and rewards bad tactics and behavior.

Personally, I hate it when I get camped, tunneled, slugged or any of that BS because it leaves a sour tatse in my mouth but Freddy is the ONE killer I cannot STAND because they do EXACTLY this and there's nothing you can do about it, he's quite literally God if god was a nightmare. It's everytime I see him, I literally want to quit or DC; that being the only thing that keeps me going is to avoid the DC penalty. I know everyone else has felt this frustration of Freddy. He's the literal EPITOME of "Lol, easy character hurrdurr." I cannot being to explain how many low ranks i've seen playing as Freddy demolish the floor with people.


Before I go on, I want to state that it's not a skill issue. At this point, and this not me being cocky either, it's that I've looped almost every killer for 2+ minutes straight and they were all in high ranks; like rank 1 and 2 but then when I get into a match with a rank 17 killer, somehow they do better then those red rankers which I find impossible to believe. Suffice to say, I have confidence in my skill TO play the game and loop killers, inb4 the trigger happy people want try and put me in my place, i'm not taking challenges; I might be confient but i'm not going toe-to-toe with some people that just emanate "I will beat your vss six ways to Sunday in 5 seconds." Back to the main topic though.


Those low rankers USUALLY play as freddy which leads me to believe Freddy is completely easy, he takes 0 skill to use and is a complete crutch for newer players. He can TP cross the map (namely to a generator which is OH so annoying.) Place dream pallets and snares which do jackshmt for us; allowing him to cut off looping in seconds and which certain perk and add-on's it becomes a living hell to even get one generator done.


Not only am I confused on how Freddy can be this powerful but i'm also infuriated. He easily eclipses MANY killers just by base Freddy alone and with perks, he stands at number 1. He's the hag if the hag was a literal god. Inb4 the entitled 'I want my 4k/Killers show up' before you say anything, do not say 'Skill issue' or anything along that line; what I want is pure criticism on why Freddy should be nerfed or removed from the game. I know for a fact i'm going with remove him as a goddamned total cause i'm really fed up with him.

Comments

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1896580#Comment_1896580

    Do you honestly think that Freddy is better than Nurse or Spirit?

    He does. Thats why this post is so laughable.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1896580#Comment_1896580

    Do you honestly think that Freddy is better than Nurse or Spirit?

    Yes. Yes I do. Have you seen ANY nurses recently? Because in the past 3 days i've played, i've seen NONE! Either meaning she got nerfed into the ground or the meta has shifted. Likely the first option. And again, of that spirit isn't carrying stridor, she's useless. The amount of times i've blendetted a spirit, looped and abused her yamoka's haunting without stridor compared to when she did have it are extravagantly vast.


    What, are you shocked or in disappointment/belief that a player doesn't believe in the fact two killers aren't better then the P2W Freddy? You might as well not bd because thats just how I see it.

  • Freddy is getting a change sadly, for some reason we're supposed to be comfortable as we're being slaughtered by the killer. I like freddy from the survivor perspective though he has a lot of tell signs already. Being easy to pick up quickly and with diverse builds is actually beneficial to the newest of players. I'm just happy we have some decent killers out there that make things challenging.

  • @Axx said:

    Freddy is only so "good" because most survivors can't play well. Why should a decent killer be nerfed because most survivors refuse to adapt and improve at the game? Literally only like 3 killers out of 20+ are even a challenge for a competent survivor. Why play a PvP game if you don't wish to improve?

    Its very funny how hypocritical you are with a profile pic of NOED lol. Im sure you are terrible at the game

  • @Calisto_667 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894218#Comment_1894218

    Its very funny how hypocritical you are with a profile pic of NOED lol. Im sure you are terrible at the game

    Think whatever you want about me. At least I can say I understand the game and can see reality, unlike 90% of the player base.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894285#Comment_1894285

    Nothing to do with survivors skill. Killer mechanics are too easy while survivor mechanic require too much effort, practice. Survivors have been nerfed for 4 years straight, maps been redesigned around expert loopers, and nothing expected more from the killer side. I'm still seeing maps with gigantic deadzones where their recently over-buffed bubba does nothing but press a button and they are dead. How is that remotely fair? Your percentages are too low, if I remember correctly doctor was closer to 70% or more. With the hatch escapes factored in, an average killer winning that much over average survivors shouldn't be possible at all.

    Name 1 survivor mechanic that's difficult.

  • Getting rid of totems, You know those spots survivors can never reach or those perks that make it impossible to get rid of the totems because the killer is notified of it when you try?

  • @SaltyNooty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1902516#Comment_1902516

    Getting rid of totems, You know those spots survivors can never reach or those perks that make it impossible to get rid of the totems because the killer is notified of it when you try?

    Not sure if you are serious or not so:

    You're describing bugged totem spots and killers defending their totems.

    The only mechanic that's involved in actually cleansing totems is holding the action key/button until the progress bar is done.

  • 🤣🤣🤣

    I still find it hilarious people are not willing to adapt to a different playstyle when facing freddy 🤣

    Freddy OP

    Freddy doesn't require skill

    Only bad killers play freddy

    Playing freddy is easy

    Meanwhile I had 2 games against freddy today 1st match all 4 of us escaped

    2nd match only 1 dead.

    And that happens quite often tbh.

    So i really don't see the point why people complain about him.

    Go play as him and see what his abilities are precisely and how they work.

    See what others do to counter him, explore and exploit his weaknesses.

  • I don't agree he should be removed, but he needs some tweak for sure.

    Freddy is too easy to use, yet he has too many useful abilities and add-ons.

    His abilities need to be tweaked to require player skills more like Nurse or Spirit.


    But at the same time, Killers generally need some buff.

    At least gen speed could be nerfed so 3 generators don't light up at the same time right after the match.

  • @SaltyNooty said:

    Yeah, you read the title and i'm not going back on it. Unfortunately, Freddy is too powerful and makes this game P2W. It's grown so bad because his whole entire GAMEPLAY is a crutch and rewards bad tactics and behavior.

    Personally, I hate it when I get camped, tunneled, slugged or any of that BS because it leaves a sour tatse in my mouth but Freddy is the ONE killer I cannot STAND because they do EXACTLY this and there's nothing you can do about it, he's quite literally God if god was a nightmare. It's everytime I see him, I literally want to quit or DC; that being the only thing that keeps me going is to avoid the DC penalty. I know everyone else has felt this frustration of Freddy. He's the literal EPITOME of "Lol, easy character hurrdurr." I cannot being to explain how many low ranks i've seen playing as Freddy demolish the floor with people.

    Before I go on, I want to state that it's not a skill issue. At this point, and this not me being cocky either, it's that I've looped almost every killer for 2+ minutes straight and they were all in high ranks; like rank 1 and 2 but then when I get into a match with a rank 17 killer, somehow they do better then those red rankers which I find impossible to believe. Suffice to say, I have confidence in my skill TO play the game and loop killers, inb4 the trigger happy people want try and put me in my place, i'm not taking challenges; I might be confient but i'm not going toe-to-toe with some people that just emanate "I will beat your vss six ways to Sunday in 5 seconds." Back to the main topic though.

    Those low rankers USUALLY play as freddy which leads me to believe Freddy is completely easy, he takes 0 skill to use and is a complete crutch for newer players. He can TP cross the map (namely to a generator which is OH so annoying.) Place dream pallets and snares which do jackshmt for us; allowing him to cut off looping in seconds and which certain perk and add-on's it becomes a living hell to even get one generator done.

    Not only am I confused on how Freddy can be this powerful but i'm also infuriated. He easily eclipses MANY killers just by base Freddy alone and with perks, he stands at number 1. He's the hag if the hag was a literal god. Inb4 the entitled 'I want my 4k/Killers show up' before you say anything, do not say 'Skill issue' or anything along that line; what I want is pure criticism on why Freddy should be nerfed or removed from the game. I know for a fact i'm going with remove him as a goddamned total cause i'm really fed up with him.

    Yup definitely no skill required at all

    https://youtu.be/GRdQd7f0rAg


    Personally I think that you play more like 1 of these guys who were clueless on what to do


    https://youtu.be/hcxnEB5CGZ8


  • Freddy in my opinion needs just a tiny nerf. I've never won against the new reworked freddy unless he is afk. But like, he isn't that enjoyable to play against either. Freddy i think is one of the strongest killers.

  • Freddy's that use Jump Rope+Swing Chains+Dying Light are just as, if not worse than playing against a camping Bubba. I cannot wait for the nerf Freddy has long since needed.

1 2 3 ›