Survive with friends Issues
As a killer who is relatively new at the game, I learned fairly early on that you don't camp, and don't tunnel. I try to do my best to make for fun matches for survivors by giving them all a good chase.
Killers don't camp or tunnel as its taking fun away from survivors, but it seems almost every match I get there are at least 3 SWF players in voice who are capable of completely sucking the fun out of a match for the killer.
Two suggestions:
- Make SWF a separate queue so that as a killer, I don't have to match them if I don't wanna. I know that I may be waiting longer for matches in that system, I'm fine with that.
- At least let me know Which survivors are in a SWF group. Then I can feel less bad if I use tactics that may increase my chances of winning against them.
I realize this thread will probably get flooded with survivor mains telling me to get better and it won't be an issue. Don't bother though. This is about Balance. SWF drastically changes game balance.
Comments
An idea I had for SWF (survivor main, btw) actually comes from Pokemon GO. They added a friend mechanic a few months ago, and when multiple trainers are doing a raid together, the people you are friends with in the lobby have a mild light show going on to indicate you are friends with that trainer. Perhaps for SWF, while in the lobby, the players that are together will have a similar glow to them so the killer and other survivors can see they are working together.
SWF is not the problem. Comms is the problem.
DbD was never designed, nor has it ever been balanced for comms. While, more often then not, SWF groups are on comms, not all are. Another thing to bare in mind is, depending on your platform, it can take 10 seconds to add a random player to a game chat.
Rather then touch SWF the devs need to give up the idea of balancing the game where comms is not taken into account.
I agree with you, them being in voice and coordinated is the real issue. I did call out that them being in voice was an issue in my original post, but I guess I could've been more clear.
make 3 and 4 man survive with friends a different queue that give the killers the choice to play and gives them double bloodpoints for doing so. that way there is an actual reason to go get bullied
I wouldn't mind that. I'd do it just to grind points faster. It just sucks going in and getting surrounded by people blocking hooks every time and magically knowing where all hexes were and knowing your location at all times like they had a GD mini map.
Until the devs balance SWF, you can lobbydodge them. If multiple survivor join at the same time chances are really high that they are SWF.
If enough killers start dodging SWF, then survivors will complain about that and will force the devs to adress the issue. Either they disable lobby dodging or they balance SWF, if they disable lobby dodging we will face survivors picking 4 flashlights and that stuff again which woudl lead to killers leaving the game/switching to survivor.
The problem is that as long as everyone accepts the situation currently, then nothing is gonna change
Yup, thats why I thought I'd complain here.
You can normally tell who is in an SWF group. You might see them all load into your lobby at the same time or they are constantly with each other, it isnt always the case but you'll just have that 7th SWF sense.
You can take a few measures to mitigate the effects of their communication. For example I ended up in a game full of dwights with red shirts and pink trousers who were SWF because they invited me to their XBL party afterwards to roast me for killing all of them.
A tactic I like to use when I have downed someone and I know their pals have a flashlight. I will stand over that persons body so it looks like I will pick them up and I can hear their pal running over for the save. When you hear them, you can turn around and smack them which will cause them to use their burst of speed to get even further away. Once they're gone you can just pick the guy up with no trouble or if he comes back again just down him.
Facing walls wherever possible is good practice so you can't get blinded.
Checking up on a hooked SWF player is a good way to catch people because they're all mates and want to help each other, if you don't want to do that throw on 'make your choice'.
At the end of the day you can't stop them communicating but if you can stop them from flashlight saving, getting easy unhooks and whatnot it can go a lot better for you.
I agree with your suggestion to a certain extent. This is my suggestion... Instead of having separate queues, a Killer should receive more bloodpoints when going against a 3+ SWF team. Also, a Survivor playing solo should receive more bloodpoints.
Complaining in the forums does nothing, sadly.
Things only gonna change when they are forced. During the only "real" killer strike that happened so far, survivor queues took over 30 minutes and the devs immediately responded to that
I'm pretty sure when people say SWF they mean comms. Who plays SWF without communicating? I don't think taht having a separate room for SWF would work. I know if I play killer (only rank 9 but still) and had to choose between 2 modes, I would never do a SWF lobby. I'm pretty sure 90% of the killers wouldn't.
The real issue is that there is no legitimate way to prevent people from communicating. All it takes is a phone with any communication app and how would they be able to detect that?
I agree that SWF is incredibly frustrating but so far it's really hard to completely defeat it. I agree that maybe having people in SWF glow or something so you can at least dodge their games or play more defensively.
Just like I've been invited to chats when solo queing.
Hence why I don't see how displaying SWF groups would be a solution to the problem in anyway and so specific.
before swf was in game people complained about survivors lobby dodging , now survivors are complaining about killers lobby dodging swf groups . The devs have arealy posted numbers before that 70% of matches were swf and that was a bit ago , now they seem more frequent then that . so it seems the only logical choice is to balance around swf and most importantly the voice coms .
This will leave the solo survivors to suffer some , simple solution is to just add voice coms in game and then all survivors solo or grouped have access to it .
If there is no balance and we keep going down the road of ignore it and it might go away … what will go away is killers . we have already seen this trend . Untill they released the spirit and the free to play weekend with half off killers were steadily switching sides or stopped playing altogether .
the current solution for a killer main is lobby dodging . the current solution for the game developers is add a new killer and a half off every quarter to increase sales and replace lost killers , problem with that is how long will that work ?