Your former "must have"-perks that you just stopped using?

What are the perks that were part of your every build but for any reason you just stopped using them/ didn't pick them so often? Why?

For me, it's Spine Chill. Oftentimes it just made me paranoid especially at indoor maps because "the killer is looking at me" even though there was a wall between us. I replaced it with Sprint Burst and looking around more. On the other hand, I sometimes fail to do so and Ghostfaces give me the jumpscares of my life, haha.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Save the Best for Last. When it was good of course.

  • Well I'll always have the biggest must have perk: Dead Hard (unless it gets nerfed). But lately I've been experimenting with no DS and so far it's been pretty good. But my friend uses DS so there's always a guaranteed obsession, which might be why my games have been fine without it.

    Mind you, I'm starting to really like Iron Will again. Looks like it'll be Iron Will + DH as the 2 must perks and other 2 can be anything.

  • Sprint Burst and Vigil

    I was like sweet, run everywhere all the time 24/7 but I depended on it too much. Had 0 game sense, heard a heartbeat and became the Flash, wouldn't stay on a gen/just making bad plays

    That was a long time ago though, much more aware and can loop these days

  • My survivor build in 2018 was self care, spine chill, those 2 perks were mandatory.

    For killer it is still the same, sloppy and bbq on almost every m1 killer.

  • Dead Hard. Too much source of frustration laying exhausted on the ground compared to the times I got it to work.

    BT. This one I regret removing sometimes, but as I play SQ only, kindred is much more valuable.

    Waiting to grow the balls to drop Iron Will, but I hate Spirit too much.

  • @Aquamarine said:

    What are the perks that were part of your every build but for any reason you just stopped using them/ didn't pick them so often? Why?

    For me, it's Spine Chill. Oftentimes it just made me paranoid especially at indoor maps because "the killer is looking at me" even though there was a wall between us. I replaced it with Sprint Burst and looking around more. On the other hand, I sometimes fail to do so and Ghostfaces give me the jumpscares of my life, haha.

    Spine chill and DS

  • @TauNkosi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865536#Comment_1865536

    You need to purposely get down then and use the perk offensively. Jump in a locker or act like you made a mistake to get the killer to pick you up.

    This comment is pure gold

  • @TauNkosi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865536#Comment_1865536

    You need to purposely get down then and use the perk offensively. Jump in a locker or act like you made a mistake to get the killer to pick you up.

    That's the bitchy way. Doing that its a one flight ticket to get camped

  • @Freddy96 said:

    Dead Hard, started using sprint burst after devs said they're gonna rework dead hard.

    I expected to suffer from this but considering that i started playing the game with sprint burst i got used to it very quickly

    Decisive Strike, when pyramid head came out it was useless to use it since every killer would tunnel and cage you. I removed it temporarily but in the end i stopped using it forever.

    DS is actually useless if you have Sprint burst. If killer come back to hook, you just run away so fast that killer don't even want to tunnel you anymore.

  • When I started playing, I used to run Premonition because I did not understand how Spine Chill works lol.

    Then I switched into Spine Chill, and I actually ran it for a long while (like... 5 months? lol) until I stopped doing so because meh. That 6% extra speed is the only thing I miss honestly.

    I used to run DS a lot more, too, I haven't completely given it up because sometimes I get shamelessly tunneled three matches in a row and I'm like ######### this and equip it for a lil bit. But most matches I don't run it anymore because most killers who wanna tunnel me will keep doing so no matter the DS, and I'd rather have four perks that I can always rely on if that makes sense.

    Other perks I used to run a lot were Bond and Leader. I still do sometimes, but since I'm currently trying to prestige all my survs, I don't always have all the perks I want. Although my current ideal build would be Adrenaline + Dead Hard + Prove Thyself + We'll Make It...

  • Sloppy butcher, bloodhound. Good for starting out, terrible for green ranks.

  • Been trying to ween myself off of Fire Up because it just hands out free wins

  • Dead Hard. I swapped to Balanced Landing, and then I just stopped using exhaustion perks overall. Gives me more room for fun builds since I still have my "must have" perk on almost all the time, Adrenaline

  • Dead Hard. Once I actually ripped the band aid off and actually learned how to loop without that crutch, I never looked back. Some things aren't as crucial as they seem.

  • I stopped using Dead Hard because I always get dedicated.

  • @kaeru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865605#Comment_1865605

    DS is actually useless if you have Sprint burst. If killer come back to hook, you just run away so fast that killer don't even want to tunnel you anymore.

    I had killers giving up chases near suffocation pit shack just to come back to the mine after i got unhooked. If someone wants to tunnel you he's gonna do it even with tier 1 myers.

  • @BeHasU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865544#Comment_1865544

    That's the bitchy way. Doing that its a one flight ticket to get camped

    Killers gonna have to catch me first.

  • Lithe and Spine Chill.

    I stopped using Lithe because it's very map specific and half of the time I couldn't find a vault to actually use it during a chase.

    I also stopped using Spine Chill because I would get so paranoid every time it lit up, that I would usually end up running into the killer looking for a place to hide. 😂

  • I would say Shadowborn but....


    5869653.690000065_image.png


  • I literally couldn't play a killer until i had whispers 3 on them for the longest time

  • I find myself running Decisive Strike less and less as a survivor. Even for all it's great uses, offensively and defensively, I feel it's overpowered, but not applicable in every match. I've started running WGLF a lot, because I can get an extra 50-100% extra BP almost every match with it. I tend to be altruistic, and not just with hook saves, but with taking protection hits, especially if someone is getting tunneled.

1 2 ›