As a survivor main, ruin/undying didn't need nerfing

I think the only thing that needed changing was the aura reading since that could easily let the killer push you off the totem. But I think it was good because it did help to slow down the game because as a survivor if the game is quick it punishes your emblems.

Anyone who's played the game long enough and knows the maps well enough can find totems relatively easily.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

  • Even just removing the aura reading altogether would have been a big improvement. Should be noted that they didn't remove aura reading altogether.

    I would actually prefer they keep Undying as is minus all the Aura Reading, rather than what we're getting.

  • Survivor main as in Solo Q or SWF? because yea, i'd say the same if I only played SWF.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Survivor main as in Solo Q or SWF? because yea, i'd say the same if I only played SWF.

    No, most of the time I solo queue, and maybe play with one of my friends but I never play in a full 4 person SWF. Sometimes I get put with teammates that seem to never do gens and ruin undying really affects it. Even when I solo queue, gens can go really fast.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Even just removing the aura reading altogether would have been a big improvement. Should be noted that they didn't remove aura reading altogether.

    I would actually prefer they keep Undying as is minus all the Aura Reading, rather than what we're getting.

    Well they made it so the aura reading only applies to dull totems which is incredibly useless.

  • @Katie_met said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862014#Comment_1862014

    Well they made it so the aura reading only applies to dull totems which is incredibly useless.

    It's totally not useless..! I've seen it help a lot of random killer streamers in chases. Especially if you get a dull totem spawning next to the pallet in shack.

    Unfortunately, I figure that the dull totem aura reading part of the perk will go when Undying is cleansed. I hope it doesn't, though, because if it does, Undying is completely and utterly nerfed to the ground with this change, tbh.


    Also, I agree with you. But I play SWF almost exclusively and have no issue getting gens done and maybe even leaving Ruin up the entire game. I haven't played too many solo games within the past couple of months, but Ruin/Undying was completely oppressive in a decent portion of those games. Ruin/Undying is just one of those perk combinations that murdered solo queue, and only occasionally made life easier against SWF. I think Corrupt/Pop was and is much more consistent (and is still my least favorite build to go against)

  • I play both equally. It needed a nerf. I think we need to see it play out.

  • I think it needed the nerf. And here is why:

    I think undying was the devs solution for the scenario where you totem got cleansed after 30 seconds in the game. Overall undying did too much and relied heavy on rng. In personal experience, I had a sh.. amount of games where survs searched the whole game for all totems and only the 3rd to 5th was the other hex or undying or the hex stayed up all game. It became a very onesided game in those cases. On the other hand, even if the hexes were gone soon, my games were kinda balanced.

    The main reason Im in favor for the nerf is because I think perks shouldnt solve core issues. E.g. gen speed - ruin, hex too fast cleansed - undying, and so on. They should adress gen speed and other problems not with bandaid.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862065#Comment_1862065

    It's totally not useless..! I've seen it help a lot of random killer streamers in chases. Especially if you get a dull totem spawning next to the pallet in shack.

    Unfortunately, I figure that the dull totem aura reading part of the perk will go when Undying is cleansed. I hope it doesn't, though, because if it does, Undying is completely and utterly nerfed to the ground with this change, tbh.

    Also, I agree with you. But I play SWF almost exclusively and have no issue getting gens done and maybe even leaving Ruin up the entire game. I haven't played too many solo games within the past couple of months, but Ruin/Undying was completely oppressive in a decent portion of those games. Ruin/Undying is just one of those perk combinations that murdered solo queue, and only occasionally made life easier against SWF. I think Corrupt/Pop was and is much more consistent (and is still my least favorite build to go against)

    The aura is gone whenever any HEX is destroyed. Undying is just a copy of the other HEX now.

  • killer mains : do bones

    Undying : shows aura of survivors

    Killer main : camps the totem everytime he gets information


    well yes it needed a change and that was removing the auro reading. eveything else was fine.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Survivor main as in Solo Q or SWF? because yea, i'd say the same if I only played SWF.

    I say the same and play 100% of my games as solos survivor.

  • @Raz_ said:

    killer mains : do bones

    Undying : shows aura of survivors

    Killer main : camps the totem everytime he gets information

    well yes it needed a change and that was removing the auro reading. eveything else was fine.

    Camps the totem, as in 3 man free to do gens?

  • @Raz_ said:

    killer mains : do bones

    Undying : shows aura of survivors

    Killer main : camps the totem everytime he gets information

    well yes it needed a change and that was removing the auro reading. eveything else was fine.

    The killer can't be everywhere at once. There are 4 of you vs 1 of him. If the killer is guarding the totem then they aren't applying pressure. Which defeats the purpose of ruin in the first place. You can just power through it. If you gave yourself a 3 gens then that's all on your team.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862194#Comment_1862194

    The killer can't be everywhere at once. There are 4 of you vs 1 of him. If the killer is guarding the totem then they aren't applying pressure. Which defeats the purpose of ruin in the first place. You can just power through it. If you gave yourself a 3 gens then that's all on your team.

    if you're a experience player you can be everywhere.

    just play nurse, billy, blight, spirit etc any mobile killer. and just go immediately to the totem, get a quick down and repeat the progress.

  • Ofc not, if you stay on a gen it does absolute nothing. Gens goes as fast anyway. As you can only chase 1 survivor at a time


    Then again, if you have alot of survivors complaining about it, the rest will follow and adventually actions will be taken no matter if its true or not.


    Look at what Trump did, repeat something long enough and ppl think its right.

  • @Katie_met said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862014#Comment_1862014

    Well they made it so the aura reading only applies to dull totems which is incredibly useless.

    No, dull totem aura reading is useful, especially if the totem spawns near a strong loop. It's an incidental power that likely wasn't intended but is more than welcome for any killer.

    If you think the aura reading is useless, you'd be fine with it being removed altogether, right? Please give this feedback to BHVR so they remove the aura reading.

    Frankly I have more issues with the aura reading component of the perk than its hex protection ability. I dislike excessive aura reading capability for the killer in general. Having it in a chase like that is even worse and just bad. It takes away any mindgaming and juking potential from the survivor. And yes, it won't always work like that, but the times it will is what you'd call "completely unearned" especially when that's not even what the perk is about.

    It's a completely unnecessary bonus that shouldn't even be in the perk.

  • @Raz_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862205#Comment_1862205

    if you're a experience player you can be everywhere.

    just play nurse, billy, blight, spirit etc any mobile killer. and just go immediately to the totem, get a quick down and repeat the progress.

    What about the other 19 killers who aren't mobile? Even if your mobile the killer would have to give up a chase the moment someone touched a totem. Which is also counter productive.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862210#Comment_1862210

    What about the other 19 killers who aren't mobile? Even if your mobile the killer would have to give up a chase the moment someone touched a totem. Which is also counter productive.

    i really dont wanna go to deep with undying. i said already its a fine perk but the aura reading is not fine, since it gives you a lot of chances.

    just yesterday i played with undying + lulaby. and they literally cleansed 4 totems and my lulaby were still active and with the aura reading i got a lot of pressure and knew where they are.

    this is my opinion, i think its a fine chance, if you have another opinion i respect it.

  • @SkerpiTwitch said:

    Ofc not, if you stay on a gen it does absolute nothing. Gens goes as fast anyway. As you can only chase 1 survivor at a time

    Then again, if you have alot of survivors complaining about it, the rest will follow and adventually actions will be taken no matter if its true or not.

    Look at what Trump did, repeat something long enough and ppl think its right.

    Please don't be like Hollywood and use video games as a platform for your agenda. I play video games to be entertained not to hear about politics.

  • @Katie_met said:

    I think the only thing that needed changing was the aura reading since that could easily let the killer push you off the totem. But I think it was good because it did help to slow down the game because as a survivor if the game is quick it punishes your emblems.

    Anyone who's played the game long enough and knows the maps well enough can find totems relatively easily.

    What are your thoughts?

    with ruin+undying and pay to win freddy or spirit my cat can easily 4k

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862213#Comment_1862213

    Please don't be like Hollywood and use video games as a platform for your agenda. I play video games to be entertained not to hear about politics.

    If i had an agenda, i would rant more about it and specificly not on a gamers platform that are pointed towards human beeing locked in their mom's basements. I was just making an example, i couldve used other examples, but ppl might not have understand a thing from it. Im trying to live in the now.

  • Majority of my games ruin was completely oppressive unless by some miracle undying was found first.

    It also was like 3 perks in one so yeah it definitely needed a nerf.

  • @Katie_met said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862014#Comment_1862014

    Well they made it so the aura reading only applies to dull totems which is incredibly useless.

    It might seem useless but let's consider things:

    1. Dull totems still act as wards, revealing auras of survivors to walk by them or cleanse them.

    2. Killers can see the aura of their lit hex totems so they can still protect their lit totems if they so wish.

    Previously a Killer could do absolutely nothing and their Ruin Undying could stay up all match. With a hex as powerful as Ruin that's just insane. Undying still buys a hex perk some extra time but now it isn't ridiculous.

    Pop can actually be used again. Oppression is an option. Ruin Undying was unhealthy for literally any other gen regression perks that exist.

  • It didn't need to be nerfed. That being said, it was an unfun, boring, sometimes unfair meta. They should've just removed the auras and left everything the same. But I'm really not complaining.

  • Wait it didn’t need needing but then you say it only needed the aura readings removed. That’s a nerf so you just contradicted yourself. The devs can see stats and against solo queue I wouldn’t be surprised if the kill rate was around 90%. There’s probably a good reason they nerfed it

  • It didn't need the change. I enjoyed the extension of matches. The perk only lengthened matches if killers applied pressure and didn't Grant a down or kill, that was left to the killer's skill.

  • I can agree I thought it was fine as is and it didn't need a nerf or change. I can't say i really had a big problem with ruin and Undying. Plus there are a multitude of ways to deal with it.

  • As a person who plays both sides, it definitely needed a nerf. I am not super upset about the changes, but the combo was way too RNG reliant. The main problem wasn't undying, it was just totem spawns in general as well as how they work. Totems in this game should be changed or have something added to them as a secondary objective for survivors.

  • Any option or tactic that completely monopolizes a plurality of matches is probably too strong. This currently means something along the lines of:

    • Hex: Undying
    • Barbecue & Chili
    • Decisive Strike
    • Borrowed Time
  • I play both sides and in solo queue it was a nightmare to go against whereas in SWF it wasn't as bad.