Am I the only killer who almost never gets hit by DS?
I see so many posts on this forum complaining about how OP D-strike is and how it needs a nerf, but I found that in 99 percent of my games I dont ever get hit by the perk, and whenever I do get hit by it usually I'm already winning the game so it doesnt do anything except for delaying the inevitable.
As a survivor I rarely ever get to use D-strike on the killer, however when I do use it I either don't survive the match or if I do it was because the killer made many other mistakes during the round.
Is anybody else the same, or is it just me?
Comments
Whenever I'm playing killer I go out of my way to not tunnel because it's kind of a scummy way to play. Although I do get hit by DS, it's somewhat rare and I'm usually not tunneling the person that uses it on me.
Well idk what anyone else considers "almost never", but i do believe i would belong to the group, purely from my preferred way of playing which by itself discourages me to go for those who might have DS active.
Yeah same, as a killer I always try and not tunnel/camp since I know how painfully unfun those strats are when your facing them as a survivor, and because of that I've never had a problem with DS. Even against teams with up to 4 D-strikes I won't really have a problem against the perk itself.
No one was saying DS was OP, it's just annoying being punished for playing well against your opponents i.e. downing survivors too fast.
I get your point, as I try not to rely on DS too much but as a Killer, I can hook 2 survivors and still get hit by DS. This is annoying because of badly designed the perk is.
I get hit by DS a lot because of how I play.
The matches I get go one of two ways. I either completely dominate, and get hit by DS because I'm downing people so quickly or, because I'm getting dominated and DS is a great BM'ing tool.
In relatively even games, I don't get hit by it becauss I slug the person who was silly enough to think I'd pick them up.
No. Most people don’t get hit with DS I believe, but if you think that’s what the issue is, it is not.
The issue is the potential that DS has outweighs the risk that a killer can take.
Therefore, the presence of it alone causes just as much, if not more issue than the snowball affect that can occur. Which is also dependent on the killer being used (killers than can almost ignore it, Nurse and Spirit) and the experience of the survivor carrying DS.
I dont get it often either, which is why a lot of us hate it. Someone gets unhooked and sprints to a gen. I go by said gen and down them, at which point ds goes off because I was in a chase and didn't count to sixty.
Thats why killers think its bullshit. Have it deactivate when the survivor performs an action. That way it still protects you from a tunnel and doesn't give you a 60 second shield.
And yes, I've 4kd plenty of teams that had DS. I've lost horribly to teams that didn't. It's just extremely frustrating to deal with as it can result in some bullshit where the reason why you lost is because you didn't just slug everyone and camp.
Which makes it very appealing to slug and camp.
Nah, I also almost never get hit by DS. Most of the time it is either because someone decides to jump into a Locker despite me not even chasing them (if you want to get tunneled, sure, I can do that) or if I want to change my Obsession for STBFL.
I am also pretty sure that those people who claim to never tunnel and get hit by DS, are in fact tunneling. At least my own DSes are coming from tunneling, but I am not that kind of player who jumps into someones face with an active DS.
But sadly DS will probably get nerfed at some point so that players who did not use it in an abusive way will also suffer from it.
Me neither, even when I see it at least once every match I rarely get hit by it, I rarely tunnel or camp so its like having Survivors playing with one less perk.
Me neither.
Don't care about DS cuz i want pressure not tunnel.
Even when i'm still in the hook range and someone rescue i still go for the rescuer, there is no point of tunneling and get BT or DS.