Why is killer lock still in place?

I understand it was put in place for the 'new' MMR system. Yet why hasn't it yet been disabled? The whole purpose was to go hand in hand with said MMR system, which has been disabled for months, with yet no word on when, or if, it's coming back.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Before the MMR was introduced there were some bugs like your offerings didn't appear when switching to another killer in the lobby.

    I honestly could imagine they'd have to deal with these bugs again if they change it and they might not want to do that because MMR is coming back soon™. They might see that as a waste of time.

    At least thats what i could imagine beeing the reason.

  • @slowbeice said:

    In truth, the result of the killer lock is simply that survivor ques are longer, because killers still dodge potential SWF lobbies, especially now that they cant change killers. Killer que is instant, so it doesnt effect them, but it does effect the survivor que massively.

    The killer lock should have gone in ONLY when MMR when in, and its kind of ridiculous that they went ahead and did it anyways, then left it this way for many months. At this point, the fact that they have given no timeframe for the MMR being added, its simply embarrassing to keep the killer lock in, and then claim theres nothing they can do to fix survivor que times.

    Unfortunately, ego is more important than fixing the problem, because it would involve admitting that they made a huge mistake.

    I've seen you post this "Survivor queues are long, killers queues are instant" multiple times today and it simply isn't true for everyone. My killer queues are upwards of ten minutes, while my survivors queues are instant. It all depends on the time that you play, so if you always play at a time in your region not a lot of X are on, your lobby is either going to be fast or slow.

  • Because MMR is still secretly active but the system is so advanced nobody has noticed yet.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856130#Comment_1856130

    The concept that removing a problematic thing that has caused killers to quit or switch sides, and caused survivor ques to skyrocket due to even more dodging now, just because it might cause a small bug that they then would have to fix, is ridiculous.

    You know that Queue times do not have anything to do with Dodging? Since the Survivors will stay in the Lobby, despite a Killer freaking out because of a brown Toolbox?

    Let alone that the Killer-Lock should not bother any Killer when Queues are instant, like many say.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856165#Comment_1856165

    How dont you understand this?

    If the killer dodges the lobby, they will get another one instantly. The survivors do not get another killer instantly, and your survivormain biased comment about toolboxes is nonsense. Killers dodge SWF because it gives survivors an unfair advantage, not because they saw a toolbox, and making statements like that just further kills any credibility you had left.

    Killers dodge SWFs because they want an easy game. SWF does not mean that the players are good, playing with Friends is not a god-mode that activates, despite some Content Creators doing that. Sadly those Content Creators are most likely the reason why every bad Killer blames their losses solely on SWFs.

    You did not answer my question what the Killer Lock is important for if Killer Queues are instant. If that is the case, Killers should have no problem with re-queueing. I personally dont care at all about the Lock, I mostly just play that game anyway, because either I want ot learn that Killer anyway or I am experienced with it. And since I dont play Killer without a good Build, this also does not apply to me. For me, it can be either way.

    But I have to say that often enough I read "You see 4 Medkits and cannot switch to Plague!" which is...eh. Changing for a Killer someone is more comfortable with is fine, changing to a Killer to negate the Survivor-Loadout not really IMO.

    But I guess your attitude does not really allow for a serious discussion. I guess I will ignore you from now on.

  • They have a dream that an MMR system will be put in place and have left killers locked in preparation for it 20 years down the line.

    I wish i lived in this fantasy land .

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856130#Comment_1856130

    The concept that removing a problematic thing that has caused killers to quit or switch sides, and caused survivor ques to skyrocket due to even more dodging now, just because it might cause a small bug that they then would have to fix, is ridiculous.

    The bug i mentioned was one of many, there were some more but that was the one that personally annoyed me the most.

    Some problems that need to be fixed aren't that easy to fix and can cause the appearance of other bugs in other sections. If they can avoid bug fixing im pretty sure they will take the opportunity to do so, especially because they want to bring back MMR, so they also have a reasonable argument not to change it back.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856135#Comment_1856135

    It is not debatable that survivor que times are long, and killer que times are nearly instant. You can try to debate it if you want, but nobody is buying it, especially from you.

    I don't need to debate it with anyone, I can just provide a video that shows my survivor lobbies are instant and my killer lobbies at 4+ minutes.

    Unlike the majority of people I don't make claims, I just talk the truth about my experience.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6T3jv6AKA

    Survivor Search Starts at 5 Seconds.

    Load Into Lobby At 31 Seconds


    Killer Search Starts at 56/57 Seconds

    Load Into Lobby At 4:39

    GG.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856198#Comment_1856198

    The devs have dropped numerous bug fixing patches with literally hundreds of bug fixes since the killer lock went in. Again, the concept that they arent removing it, because that might cause a bug to occur, is absolutely ridiculous.

    So if i understand correctly your argument why they didnt switch it back is because they don't want to admit a mistake?

    You give them credit that they can easily fix bugs but they wont change the ability to switch killers back, even tough a lot of people asked for it, because they dont want to admit a misstake or because of their ego?

    That argument is ridiculous.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856163#Comment_1856163

    You know that Queue times do not have anything to do with Dodging? Since the Survivors will stay in the Lobby, despite a Killer freaking out because of a brown Toolbox?

    Let alone that the Killer-Lock should not bother any Killer when Queues are instant, like many say.

    It just bothers me because it's only half a mechanic that makes little sense when not paired with the reason it was created in the first place.

    As for survivor queue times, doesn't a killer leaving the lobby place said lobby further back in the queue? Since it's 'supposed' to be looking for comparable ranks, when the killer leaves, doesn't it restart the search for another as close in rank as possible, working backwards again?

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856165#Comment_1856165

    It just bothers me because it's only half a mechanic that makes little sense when not paired with the reason it was created in the first place.

    As for survivor queue times, doesn't a killer leaving the lobby place said lobby further back in the queue? Since it's 'supposed' to be looking for comparable ranks, when the killer leaves, doesn't it restart the search for another as close in rank as possible, working backwards again?

    The reason the Devs gave was that removing the Killer Lock would require an Update, while MMR can be just activated via some internal switch. So they would remove the Killer Lock via a Patch and instead of just implementing MMR back into the game, they would first need to roll out a Patch for everyone to enable Killer Lock again before activating MMR.

    Also, the MMR is supposed to collect Data, even while not used for Matchmaking and getting this data requires the Killer Lock to be in place (personally, I would take this one with a grain of salt, since last time MMR also should have already collected Data, but it did not really look like it when it went live).

    Regarding Lobby Times, my Lobbies are not that slow in the evening as Survivor (I usually play Survivor in the evening with a friend and Killer earlier in the day, if I have time), like around 3 minutes. And even if a Killer dodges at this point, there is a new Killer after a few seconds. The biggest time waster once we are in a public Lobby is that people are not clicking ready, but thats about it.

    (In my opinion they should just scrap the idea of MMR, make Killers switch in Lobby again (I personally dont care about that one, it does not bother me, I am ready once I click "ready" in my game) and focus on tweaking the Emblem System and introducing a bigger Rank Reset again, since there are far too many players in Red Ranks which should not be there due to not getting set back that much and I think this is the main reason why MMR is a goal for BHVR)

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856205#Comment_1856205

    It has been pointed out time and time again, that the anecdotal cases of people who live in remote regions, do not reflect the average wait times, and again, nobody is buying your biased garbage other than other biased survivormains.

    Killer times are instant. Survivor ques take a while. I would make a similar video, but no need, as the entire community knows survivor que takes way longer. This is not debatable, and I wont waste my time further explaining this to salty survivormains who cant handle truth. Enjoy your long que times.

    gg

    idk man it's almost like my first reply said

    "It all depends on the time that you play, so if you always play at a time in your region not a lot of X are on, your lobby is either going to be fast or slow"

    Sounds pretty unbiased to me, idk how I'm biased for pointing out that sometimes killer lobbies are long, and sometimes survivor lobbies are long, lmao.

  • Because they don't want to have to deal with a wave of people complaining once again when they turn Killer lock back on. I'm pretty sure they know Killers don't like it, but it does make sense for it to be required for a proper MMR system. Question is if/when that system will ever come to fruition.

  • @Ghoste said:

    Because they don't want to have to deal with a wave of people complaining once again when they turn Killer lock back on. I'm pretty sure they know Killers don't like it, but it does make sense for it to be required for a proper MMR system. Question is if/when that system will ever come to fruition.

    Why would people complain about there not being a killer lock? 100% of people I have talked with don't like killer lock. It's bad for both sides and has no purpose since MMR isn't on.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856255#Comment_1856255

    Why would people complain about not being a killer lock? 100% of people I have talked with don't like killer lock. It's bad for both sides and has no purpose since MMR isn't on.

    I think what they meant is that, they'll turn it off now, everyone will rejoice and get used to it again, but then, when they put it back on, it'll be back to complaining about it.

    I personally think it's best left on too just so people don't get used to it being off, then on, and then if MMR doesn't work are thye expected to turn it off again and then back on etc etc.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856269#Comment_1856269

    I think what they meant is that, they'll turn it off now, everyone will rejoice and get used to it again, but then, when they put it back on, it'll be back to complaining about it.

    I personally think it's best left on too just so people don't get used to it being off, then on, and then if MMR doesn't work are thye expected to turn it off again and then back on etc etc.

    Oh, makes sense. They could at least give us any kind of information about MMR. It has been a couple months now. Hopefully it isn't as awful as the first time they implemented it. I wish they could just rework match making as it is now tbh.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856135#Comment_1856135

    It is not debatable that survivor que times are long, and killer que times are nearly instant. You can try to debate it if you want, but nobody is buying it, especially from you.

    Wile i think this user is one of the most biased i have seen in this game, the point is kind of valid. IF you are known to be biased, it doesnt matter if every single statement is.

    I play in Germany, and morning to early afternoon, survivor queues are instant, and killer queue takes a while. In the afternoon until somewhen in the night, the opposite is true.

    But i would expect the afternoon to be more representative, because i doubt that the majority of players have time to play before that, so faster survivor times while only students and such can play might mean next to nothing.

    But again, in other regions it might be different.

  • The simple reason for this is that to change the "killer lock" will require a full patch, then another full patch when MMR is reimplemented into the game, the decision was made that due to cut down on the amount of patches required that the lock would stay in place.

    IMO this is the wisest use of resources, the extra time with programming etc can be better spent on doing other things.

  • Also, I don't think there's any correlation between queue times and killer lock being in place - queue times are pretty dependant on your location and the time of day you play. For example in the region I play in, during the day my survivor queues are near instant, a few seconds at most but my killer lobbies are much slower - during the night my killer lobbies are super quick and my survivor lobbies are slower.