What most people don't understand about Legion
As a Rank 1 Legion main, a lot of people don't understand Legion very well. Here are my biggest tips to winning games:
- Killer Instinct from Frenzy is EXTREMELY good for choosing which Survivors you want to chase. Legion can easily tunnel out kills because it's impossible to immerse against them. A strong strategy is to hit someone that you have no intention of committing to in order to find someone on death hook.
- Using your power for a free hit and committing to the chase is totally valid. People think you always have to chain Frenzy, but honestly it can be similar to stalking someone with Ghost Face if you use it as a single target ability. Only chain Frenzy hits when its convenient and Survivors are somewhat grouped up.
- Abuse the deep wound mechanic. It takes Survivors 12 seconds to mend, so its always a good idea to sneak in Frenzy hits. Like if I'm coming back to mess with an unhook, I like to quickly hit both Survivors with Frenzy. Or if I down a Survivor and see another nearby, I'll grab the Frenzy hit and come back to pick up. Basically, if there's an opportunity to slam the door on the way out... do it.
- Always run at least one of the notebook add-ons and thanatophobia. Legion is a Killer that uses their power a lot so having increased duration is good in every scenario across the board (its especially good for giving you enough time that you can afford to respect pallets). Also, the strongest counter to Legion is never healing and splitting up so Thanatophobia is a must-have to prevent gen rushers because high rank players WILL NOT heal if you don't run this perk.
- Legion is very similar to Spirit. The best Legion players can use Frenzy early in a chase because they can use Survivor noises and their understanding of how to loop tiles to use their power more effectively. If you're learning, use Frenzy only when Survivors can really close by so you don't lose them, but as you improve you won't lose Survivors as easily anymore and can have solid chases without even seeing scratch marks.
So yeah. Hopefully these help people. There are a couple other techs to throw in, like using Frenzy when Survivors try to blind you at a pallet for free downs. And you can occasionally block vaults during your Fatigue animation. But that's about it.
Comments
I'll add a tip, you can Frenzy to someone opening the gate, get the hit, and stand in front of the switch to block it while in fatigue.
As a Legion main. Do you run Blood Echo? I've heard it is good on Legion and Plague.
for number 4) i completely agree on Thanatophobia, but i dont think Add Ons are needed on Legion - extended Frenzy duration is nice, but you can also just learn the distance you can cover with your frenzy and when you can actually reach someone far away and when not - you can always cancel your power right after hitting the first guy, walk up to whoever you spotted far away and then reactivate your power there (only worth if you know there are multiple targets in that area ofc)
but yeah, if i had to recommend Add Ons, extended duration and faster power recovery speed (not stun duration, the ones that fill up your frenzy faster) would be the ones i'd recommend - i just dont think they are necessary.
Blood Echo is decent. I used it in place of Thanatophobia before the Ruin/Undying meta. But now that Thanatophobia also effects totem cleansing speeds... there's too much synergy not to run it.
My default Legion build is the yellow ruler with the brown sketchbook.
I don't see any reason not to run add-ons especially since most of Legion's best add-ons are yellow and brown so you can really stock up on them and run them every game. Having extra duration is good for my playstyle since I like to use Frenzy a little bit early and respect pallets so the extra second or two usually comes into play.
Picked up Legion and been having a blast running Thana, Devour Hope, Oppression, and Huntress Lullaby
With the buffed Mind Breaker, Blood Echo can be really devastating as you can basically lock survivors out of their exhaustion perks.
yeah, Add Ons are always great on any killer you play, especially ones that reduce downsides of said killers power.
personally i just like running the default character, as im not forced to put BP into them that way and can instead spend them on others that i havent maxed out yet.
I've tried running that but you often end up getting gen rushed because its burning too many perk slots.
Plus, not as many Survivors run exhaustion perks as everyone thinks. In my head, I assume everyone is running Dead Hard, but on the endgame screen there's like one Sprint Burst and a tier 1 Balanced Landing
As a Legion main, I do have a problem with a few of these.
1.) This is fine, but you don't necessarily know which Survivor the Killer Instinct is highlighting, so realistically, you are going to get one chance to find that person, unless the Survivors are all grouped up.
2.) I would agree with this if Legion didn't eat a 4 second stun at the end of his power. If you are close enough to get a free hit, just M1 them. It will take less time to down them.
3.) I would recommend downing someone first when you go to the hook, then using Frenzy, again, because the cooldown is 4 seconds and the Survivors get a Sprint Burst when they get hit, it will end up taking you longer to down them.
4.) Thana is good on Legion, but I've found a few better replacements tbh. Absolutely agree with the Notebook.
5.) This works well on PC, but on Console it's difficult to track people with Legion before you get the first hit, mostly because of the low FPS and random freezing. It's also difficult to even get that first hit, as the FPS drops to 15 whenever Frenzy is activated.
I'm not a legion main, but I love running Blood Echo with legion for two reasons. The first is he's one of like, two killers that use it really well. The second is that making people exhausted, which they will be since legion is great for injures, takes away their exhaustion perks, which makes chases as an m1 killer that much easier.
Even with these tactics, much like hit and run wraith you're relying on survivors being greedy and not playing smart. I only see legions get maybe more than 1 kill when teammates greed a gen instead of running the second they hear the heartbeat on frenzy
I didn't notice gens getting done faster when I was messing with the combo. The main reason I dropped it was because it does take 2 perk slots and for taking 2 perk slots you have no idea if the perks are actually doing anything during the match and the lack of feedback just kind of sucks. It's the same reason I stopped using Blood Echo on legion when I was experimenting with it during Oni's Chapter release. It's in theory good, but it's hard to obtain how much value you are actually getting from the perk that I would rather run perks I know are doing something.
Legion is very similiar to spirit ππππππππππππ
"Β The best Legion players can use Frenzy early in a chase because they can use Survivor noises ..."
Legion's breathing intensifies.
Chase music gets dulled in Frenzy, footsteps and breathing get intensified, and there's really no counterplay. I think that's the comparison that was being made.
Legion can't down people with their power. It's basically a M1 killer.
Not the point. Just because things are vastly different in terms of strength doesn't mean there are no similarities.
Spirit and Legion has no similarities.
I just pointed them out.
Yeah.
I mean they are both boring to fight against
That's true and to play as.