What is wrong with people?
I honestly don't understand what the problem is with a huge chunk of this community. People will come after one another just because they play a specific killer, build, etc. I've been a victim of this being a spirit main. I understand people's frustrations playing against her and I hope the devs make some changes to her, but is it really necessary to completely sh*t on just for playing a certain killer? I don't care if I win or lose every game, I couldn't give two f*cks. I just find spirit the most fun. Can anyone please explain why finding a certain killer fun is bad? I hate going against hag and freddy but am I just going to sit back and call out the people that find those two fun? Absolutely not. I think everyone should be able to play whoever tf they want without getting this type of treatment. So if you're someone that has this "you play X killer then you are a tryhard, toxic, noob killer" mentality then just stop. Sorry for the rant, this has just been on my mind a lot.
Comments
It's really not about the killer, it's about people not being able to adapt to the gameplay for it, you being good at it, and them not accepting that they haven't adapted. Some killers are easier to pick on than others because they're powerful in their own right, or they're abused by trolls to ruin the game for other players. Spirit is scary, but she isn't terrible to play against if you know how to survive. She's got tells and ways to avoid her notice. Of course, add-ons can kind of disrupt the usual expectations, but like I said, you must adapt to survive.
Just remember, it's not you, it's them. You can always give them a friendly reminder that if they want to escape, they can work on improving their skill. Or just tell them to git gud, it's really up to you.
Yeah that’s a good way to put it
What I've gotten real tired of is seeing a SWF padding the MMR; high rank survivors with one smurf account to queue with low rank killers. I don't think they realize just how discouraging that is for new killers. It's been rampant lately.
As much as I hate to say it, just telling people to stop wont do anything. Toxic players will never ever change. Unless they get perma banned. But that won't happen.
This is too right. Whatever is fundamentally skewed about someone to make them act like that can't be changed. And of course, like any good online game, DbD will never ban them.
MMR is not active, they took it out not long after activating it. Also, how do you know it's a smurf account and not just an account of a higher rank's friend who just started playing? I have friends who don't play often but we play together. They're all grey ranks because of how often they play, but it's not like I'm doing it to smurf, I just want to play with friends. (I'm using that just as an example)
The thing is even if that is the case of 3 reds with one yellow/grey friend, their group fun will either be on cost of the low friend with a red rank killer or it will come at the expense of a new low killer and maybe drive them away from the game.
Yeah I guess that’s true. I just thought I should say something about it and hear other’s thoughts. I try to ignore it best I can.
I don't mind people's preferences, but Its infuriating when people become toxic in a specific build or character that eventually builds up the hate. I remember this moment when my friends and I made a huntress DC (not intentionally) bc I head on her when she WASN'T chasing anyone. We got her the next game as spirit on shelters woods and brought the infamous ruin + undying + stridor while bringing act. and duration add-ons and called us noobs, losers, and that we sucked. Note: 3 of us died while one got hatch.
Though I'm not saying its a "spirit" thing, but I noticed a lot of players who play her are extremely cocky or they have their ego so far up their booty-hole. This applies to bubbas & Freddies too (from our experience). So as of right now, my friends and I (all rank 1 with at least 2000+ hours) are generally sweaty when it comes to spirit, bubba or Freddy because we have a general idea in how they play so we'd rather be safe and be on the "aggressive" side first before they spam us with their hateful messages that tick us off. We never send hate messages unless they do it first.
And thus the wheel of hatred continues to turn for every nontoxic spirit, bubby or freddy getting trashed by your swf.
But I dont blame you, the other side is as much at fault when killer start sweating against each team with a hint of swf or got trained to sweat every game just in case of a veteran swf death squad.
Thanks to missing correct matchmaking and so on.
It's funny how you mention that "hint of swf" thing because so many times I'm sitting in a lobby as survivor and all of us are def not grouped, but killers dodge and dodge until we get one of those awful sweaty Bubba/Freddy/Spirits who's cocky and wants to take us down a peg. And all we did was, I dunno, wear nice skins or carry a toolbox. I've actually tested the skin thing. Convinced a lobby to swap to basic survivor clothes, the killers stopped dodging. I'm not that great of a survivor, but if I dress my character up nice, I guess they assume I'm one of those death squad swfs.
Same as when I goofed around with a shroud of separation and only half of the survivor would even load in. I have less than 500 hours in this game while playing since releasd 4 years ago. I only play killer and just from logic know my way around to play up to purple but just can't stay fixed to one game for soo long, but they would still instant leave at a hint of a mori no matter the skill of the killer. (Yes I know killer got carried by those things) But also playing something like a spirit while having less than 10 hours experience on her and people with OoO would still dc against me. (Penalties were of at the time)
Both sides have those preemptive methods and styles or rather have grown used to be like that.
Yes I suffer from the same thing. I'd become Lisa (the legendary skin) and all of the sudden I play against 5 sweaty killers in a row telling me that my "swf" sucked even tho I was playing solo. So thats why I tend to play this game when my fiends are on because playing against sweaty and/or toxic killers is a lot easier with people that you can trust.
But like no joke, this one Freddy who brought the "Forever Freddy" build told me that he only brought it because he was afraid of our skins (I was Cybil) and that he hates it when survivors bring fancy skins... so I think killers assume every group is a swf if they're fancy so I'd recommend playing in swf if every killer is going to assume that :D
Okay, that Shroud of Separation thing is hilarious. I do it on occasion too, just to mess with people. On the other side, I like to bring a broken key with a gold charm and prayer beads, just to see what the killer will do. But all the DCs are disappointing. I get why players don't trust each other, it's just such a pain to deal with, no matter which side you play.
And @mazoobi38 I play a lot of Meg and Nea. I got Nea's super dope Graff-Crafter outfit, was pumped about it. Then I sat there watching killers dodge for like 10 minutes, and when I finally get a match, it's someone with a Mori, Franklin's Demise, and a stack of tryhard add-ons looking to prove something. Part of the reason I hate Leatherface so bad is that they're often the only ones who are willing to play against someone in a fancy outfit, just because they plan on being as nightmarish as possible. One match, I was Graff Nea in a lobby with a Dwelf, and I swear we just sat there shooting ######### in chat for twenty minutes.
Yeah I have that skin too, but I haven't really ran it for a while because killers tend to camp me really hard with it.
But yes... the Bubba thing is so relatable.
They camp you too? Good to know I'm not alone... If I use that outfit, I have to try extra hard not to be seen because I know I'll be camped, tunneled, or both. I just wanna shake the killer and tell them I'm not even that good! I don't have any meta perks! I'm just a scrub who likes colorful things.
Same. Being sneaky with a bright outfit can be hard sometimes too haha. The pain is real :(((
Well just know that I’m not one of those players. I’m not saying that there isn’t egotistical spirit players, because they’re definitely out there. But there are a lot of people that play spirit that just want to have fun like everyone else. I don’t tunnel or camp unless it’s the viable option in the current situation. I don’t bm (head nod or hit survivor on the hook) unless if a survivor player started bming me. I just really hate that people play against one toxic spirit, deathslinger or whoever, then they see all players of those killers as toxic tryhards. Not saying that you’re like that but that’s just something that really bugs me when someone does have that mentality.
This is why I leave comments turned off. And if someone is truly playing in a very toxic way (i.e. killer slugging everyone and not hooking), then I'll DC. I don't mind the short time penalty, because quite frankly there are better things I could be doing with my time than being abused.
either way I feel that if your playing swf and you all mix of ranks you all need to face a killer who that same rank as your highest survivor in group how I feel.
That's honestly understandable. I feel it should be averaged, but depending on the ranks that might not be as good an idea as yours.
So I've seen a lot of things about skins.As a Killer main, here are my two cents:
In regards to cosmetics of choice, it doesn't really impact me that much unless it's the purple hair and masked Nea, which I've dubbed "Toxic Nea", or a Bunny Feng.
In 90% of matches I've played with those two characters and those cosmetics, both Toxic Neas and Bunny Fengs are the most toxic players I've ever seen. BMing like crazy, DS into Head-On plays, and the good ol' "GGEZ tryhard camp slug baby noob killer."
I don't know why, but it's a really bizarre trend.
And this is also the reason that anyone using those cosmetics get no mercy from me, just out of PTSD.
Edit: Spelling.
can confirm, got my friend to play this sad excuse for a game, 3 out of 5 matches are a agaisnt red ranks with one or 2 low ranks, she is rank 13-12
I never see anyone specifically go after people who play certain killers, but you'll always see people complain about those killers. Hate the game, not the player. If you do see people like that then unlucky, but I've never seen it on the forums. I'd say do your best to ignore them, and do whatever you want. As long as you're not blatantly exploiting bugs or cheating anything goes.
Here's the other hard part. When we come on the forums, we're not allowed to call out the actual players who ruin the game for us, just the face that represents them, which is the killer they choose.
Are these rank 1 players? Because I've met some horrendous rank 1 players. I just think there are a few things that people judge other players by that are ridiculous and detrimental, and skins is a big one, followed closely by what they carry into a match.
I think its that people have been going up against the same killer, or the same playstyle and they're just fed up with it. DBD is definitely not in the best state right now.
The entire community would be banned, leaving no game to be played
Killer's choice affect the gameplay, the power for Killer and the counter for Survivor.
Survivors can instant change a build by select another survivor
Killer just can change perk build every single match. Thanks to no Perks loadout saving.
A long time ago I face the same Trapper 3 times in 4 matches. I just know exactly how to play vs him on 2nd & especially 3rd match.
I just respond based on the trends I've noticed. Toxic Neas and Bunny Fengs, in my experience, have been toxic a-holes 90% of the time.
Maybe it depends on region or something, but I meet a lot of really mean Claudettes? If I see a Claudette covered in blood, I get suspicious, but most of them go under the radar until they're being totally obnoxious in a match. And this has happened to me as both killer and survivor! I got teamed up with a Claudette once who spent the whole match hiding in lockers, then camped the hatch while the last two people died on second hook. Luckily, the killer got there first and closed it on her, and he even told her off in chat afterwards for sabotaging her team.
I never understand it either. It's just a game and people need to learn that.
Unless it's Hag then I feel like it's deserved.
Blendettes are always a pain, whether you're Killer or Survivor.
Killers hate them because they are immersed all match.
Survivors hate them for the same reason, but for a different context.
For me, it's not so much the killer or whatever. But the combination of things.
If someone picks Spirit, runs all meta/super strong perks on her, clearly has some experience and plays a bit dickish (even know it's completely valid gameplay that gets "wins"), they 100% deserve some BM.
If it's a baby spirit running super meta perks and playing a bit dickish, I'm okay with that.
If it's an experienced spirit, but they let survivors get saves (despite knowing they'll go to save) and instead patrol gens or something. I'll accept that.
If it's an experienced spirit with super meta perks, I'm okay with my teammates bm'ing her.
If it's an experienced spirit, running meta perks and playing a bit sweaty AND we (survivors) still manage to do decent...Imma BM her.
That's just my philosophy though. I feel like there is only so much of a 'sweat' threshold you can go to until you deserve bm, especially if you are losing despite how hard you are trying. And I expect it both ways. I main Nurse and my perks are pretty strong on her (Whispers, BB&C, Infectious + random perk i feel like) and there are games where I definitely sweat (and ones i dont!). If I'm losing, despite all those odds stacked in my favor, and survivors want to bm- I understand lol.
I’m fairly experienced to spirit as she’s definitely the killer I’ve put the most hours into. The build I’m currently running is BBQ, whispers, sloppy, and nurses. I refuse to run stridor or ruin/undying on her until the devs give her counterplay that isn’t guessing. I try to not play sweaty and scummy, meaning if I see someone going for the save I’ll almost always go for the person who unhooks and give the person who gets unhooked a chance to play the game. People who are the opposite of that are the reason BT and DS exist.
Yeah, you're the kind of spirit that I would put under "doesn't deserve bm" and people who do it are just dong it out of salt. But trust me, most of the spirits I verse (even though she isn't that common, so it might be skewed in my memory) are not like this. I feel like spirits tend to be very tryhard.
That’s fair. I am aware there are a lot of tryhards playing her. I notice that a large majority of them where her school girl outfit which robs survivors of the little information they would have. It’s kind of a shame how that cosmetic is like that because I love the cosmetic so much and want to equip it, but because of the fact it’s unfair I just don’t. I instead usually equip the Awakened Origin cosmetic which is the one where she has the white hair. People that equip the school girl outfit just so they can have an unfair advantage honestly lose my respect and deserve the BM.
What terrible advice. Often time is it the person fault. They could be camping or tunneling a lot and being super toxic or sweaty.
Slugging can be countered if someone brings specific perks, when a player has a TON of perk options, they won't have it equipred every game, so they counter 1 start with their build, they are opened up to 2 or 3 other possible strats.
Killers/like survivors can play like assclowns that think this is an esport game and be toxic players that make the game less fun. They should realize if they are called an asshat every game, they might just ben an asshat.