Which is it?
With the change of mori's that's the final tool that killer's could use to utilize in a match.Now the game is even more competitive,I Moried on the first hook when I'm loosing but usually even on the second, even against scum. Why do you keep nerfing killer's and their perks ,which its making it more competitive for one side than the other,I've heard people say this a casual game ,but it's not with all the second chance perks survivor's have ,it's just strenuous work for killers now. If you're playing for fun why are you mad about being moried, why are you mad about how keys work,because you're not playing just for fun,if that's the mentality of survivor's then the game should be balanced for both sides right now depending what team you get you can be made to look incompetent or completely skilled. There shouldn't be any lead way just middle ground if we're playing a competitive game please stop nerfing killer's.
Comments
Killer is the easiest it has ever been. Let alone that you are saying that DBD is a competitive game (it really isnt, it is a casual game, but some people seem to think it is next level e-sports) and are complaining that the most broken thing on the Killers side finally got nerfed.
Oh yes, I play to have fun. That includes interacting with the killer, doing gens, looking for totems, you know playing the game. Being removed from the game after the killer proxy camped on the first hook bc they brought an offering is not that. Your argument could be applied to pre-nerf Moris as well, when one could execute the other player without even hooking.
Moris are in better spot now, and keys are being looked at.
People are mad about keys and old mories because those are cheap mechanics to ensure a win that you can't really play around.
Losing because of that just feels awful and unfun.
And i don't know what you're talking about killer nerfs.We got things like Hex Undying + Hex Ruin that are insanely strong.Map reworks removed almost all god windows and made them much more fair (maybe with a few exceptions here and there).
But like @Aven_Fallen said.Playing killer is waaaaaaay easier than it used to be.
Nope I refuse to believe Killer is easy maybe alot of the toxic mechanics we're removed yes ,but you have people who know how to exploit the killer's weakness to full advantage, survivor's who are pretty much unstoppable when paired together, the killer can be overwhelming at times but what about the 90% of killer's who just play the game for fun and get destroyed in 3 minutes,survivor's never consider those guy's only their entertainment that means turning any killer into an aperture a play thing.
Yeah, I hated that part of the game to but I've been dealing with it for four year's so it is more common then anything. There has to be a solution were both killer and survivor can have fun at the same time.
@Aven_Fallen did I mentioned the lag switching
I mean you're right there's things to make the trials less strenuous but I don't want to run the meta just to have a good time.
Killer has gotten easier since it's release but bear in mind. This game was a nightmare for killers when it came out. I remember the days of stacking exhaustion perks, BNP, insta flashlight and syringes, infinites, old MoM. Just because it's gotten better from being absolute ######### does not make it easy.
As for "DBD is not a competitive game" that is a load of crap. Look up the definition of competitive game.
"Competitive games are those in which players play against one another and where one player winning means another player loses. Two player games are often competitive, with a distinct win-or-lose outcome. ... Competitive games may involve multiple competing players or teams."
It's certainly not Esports level but it is a competitive game. There is no denying it. This game fits the definition above. There are 2 sides and someone loses and someone wins. Even if it meets the devs idea of 2k and 2 escape. Someone still lost.
There are people that take every game seriously and treat it like a competitive game. That doesn’t suddenly make the game not casual.
I personally think that Killer is not hard. DBD is an easy game on both sides, Killer is harder than Survivor (which is expected, it would be laughable if the 1 would have the easier Job than the 4, because then one side would have more Rewards (aka BPs), more variety AND easier gameplay), but it is not difficult.
On a personal note, I find myself getting somewhat frustrated while playing SQ until one day when I had to play an underleveled character with almost no perks available for a challenge. I had loads of fun, more than what I was used to. That raised the question of how did that happen and then I got to the answer: I came without expectations. I was not frustrated for being hit during Dead Hard bc I had no exhaustion perk. I was not frustrated with my teammates bc I had no aura reading to see someone self caring in the corner. I looped better bc there was no exhaustion perks to bail me out of my greediness. And even when I died, I was happy while looking back at my performance.
Ask yourself what provides you fun. Is it piping, farming BPs, catching that elusive guy that gave you a hard time the whole match, 4k? Whatever is the answer, just focus on that but know that if your expectations are too high, also will be the frustration when you cannot achieve that.
That's such a cop out. "Killer is the easiest yet." Like that's supposed to say much. Of course it's easier when there's no pallet vacuums or infinites but, those changes were made because they made the game unplayable, not simply because it favored killers. If killer is that much easier now, why is the stress level the same?
I agree with you on the last part but, everybody wants to get the guy who's been Tbagging, Pallet stunding but if you can't catch them not because of you're skill but because you're killer has been changed and they can exploit those changes it doesn't matter how good you are they still get to mess with you.A broke killer fix yeah just don't nerf.
If killer is that much easier now,why is the stress level the same?
I feel like that's more subjective though.
Most survivors you see in public matches are quite easy to beat imo,even without meta killers and loadout.
It's not 90 % the killer mains feel stress from killer, this is all I want keep our killer's strong upon release, and find away to either optimize console or find away to stop people from lag switching or whatever is causing the stutters to occur when survivor's are near you or when you enter chase.You start chase's but the entire time you've been lagging in a building the whole time ,I just want to be able to chase and hit someone,Now if my internet is bad then that's a whole different subject because then their just straight up lying to us.
Against solos, yes. I can 4k with Trapper, easily, if it's solos. But with SWF it's like another game, because you play just as well as against the solos but the gens get knocked out in half the time. You're not gonna beat a 4 red rank SWF with just anything. You would need strong add-ons, perks, or killer and if you don't have any of those: oh well, you just lose. That's my issue with SWF, and this is coming from someone who plays in a red rank SWF.
DBD is a competitive game just not tournament level. It's never going to be tournament level which I find hilarious with people having tourneys for this game. There's outrageous rules in place because the game isn't balanced.
Don't need to tell me twice. There would be dozens of optimization posts a day in these forums, which is why it's been given its own category, which conveniently hides it from us since we mostly view the general discussions. I've compared to the XCOM 2 console port in that since we're on console, we can't even do much in the way of lowering the graphics quality to make it run better. We're just stuck with this garbage frame rate, which begs the question: why do a console port at all if you're gonna make it play like garbage? The game can't even handle more than 1 thing happening at a time, in a game where multiple things are happening all the time. It's absolutely unacceptable. PS1 games run better.
Moris artificially inflated killers win ratio statistics. Now that they have effectively been removed from the game we have have to earn those wins using skill and strategy. We will now win fewer games, but at least the wins will be deserved. If the devs look at the post Mori-nerf statstics, they can look at rebalancing without one of the free win elements confusing matters.
Hopefully SWFs exploiting their 60 seconds of immortality perk will be addressed next.
Then we're entering the finale life cycle for last gen consoles, which we want probably received the patches that's needed,it would actually be nice but, I don't see them spending the money for it, in which case that's pretty #########.Ive heard some positive thing's tho about DBD on PS5.
@JawsIsTheNextKiller agreed
I would argue that most SWFs are either weak or average,honestly.
Most of them are very altruistic and try to save their teammates which you can easily take advantage of.
You just have to play a bit more scummy/optimal (e.g tunneling the weak link,proxy camping to confirm 2nd hook stage etc.)
I'm playing with a red rank swf as well,and most of us escape quite often even tough we're rather average.
Thing is,most killers we encounter are pretty bad at the game honestly.
They don't really know how to use their powers correctly,how to zone survivors,mindgame and generally lack game sense.
And dailies/challenges that require you to kill x survivors by your own hand now resemble something akin to a challenge 👍
The most ridiculous thing is when people call this game casual but then use everything and the kitchen sink to gain an advantage.
In form of stretched res, brightening settings, lower graphics and, exclusively on survivor side, checking the killer in the lobby via temp files (glad that stuff got encrypted, so much for being casual, while going out of their way to check the config files).
A lot of killers don't differentiate between "SWF" and "Sweat squad", unfortunately.
Sweat squads are fun friendly fellas who've decided that winning's more important than fun and are a cancer killing the game, but most SWFs are just friends who wanna play a fun game together. Take me for example: I get together with a couple peeps every once in a while, usually get completely trashed, and we have a pretty good time as long as the killer doesn't live and breathe spite.
But unfortunately, playing with friends makes you responsible for killing Dead by Daylight and probably WW2.
It amazes me you went out of your way to bold a contraction but you can't spell "lose" correctly.
The ignorance of the internet is eternal and unlimited.
Oh I can definitely spell it,what amazes me it the condescending attitude of people sometimes on the internet is vast
It is "lose" not "antidisestablishmentarianism".
It's a third grade word. Seriously.
I didn't spell a word right this is why you ....
Cringe