"Hillbilly and Nurse are still strong"

When people suggest reverting the cool-downs added to hillbilly and nurse you always have people saying "They are still strong"

With Nurse she just feels slow and sluggish to use her power now. No wonder she has the lowest pick rate, but people just blame it on "She's to hard to learn"

And with hillbilly it limits how much you can do and even if it doesn't come into play often it's still something you have to keep focus on constantly and sometimes it can become alot to handle at a time

I don't care if they are still at the same strength level after the nerfs, they are just super unfun to play now and people should learn someday that not everybody is looking for wins, some just want to have fun

Edit: so apparently people aren't reading the post and are just commenting for the hell of it. IM NOT SAYING THEY ARE NOT STRONG ANYMORE, IM SAYING THEY ARE NOT FUN TO LEARN AND PLAY ANYMORE

Comments

  • @oh_0k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831807#Comment_1831807

    "I mean, those Nerfs were justified. For both Billy and Nurse. Fun is subjective, if someone thinks they are not fun anymore, they can play other Killers. Like, I am not going on the Forums and say "Hag is not fun to play, do something about it!", because I have plenty of options to choose from and I am not forced to play Hag."

    No those nerfs were not justified both nurse and hillbilly had perfectly fine base kits that didn't need nerfing

    "just play another killer" is stupid. Having characters that are completely boring and bring no enjoyment is unhealthy for the game and the fact that you don't want those characters fixed is just awful. And why should I be forced to play certain characters if I want to have fun. Also, you have to realize every killer is different and you can't just play a different one and get the same experience as another.

    "Nurse is still the strongest Killer and she is basically a design failure. She came into the game with so much busted stuff which is not in the game anymore, so why should the Devs get rid of stuff like Infinites, Double Pallets, but keep the Killer which ignores Survivor Defenses?"

    What's with people and just forgetting that nurse is the hardest killer to learn? It's almost like a killer that takes high skill should give high reward

    But everyone acts like you can just press m2 as nurse and all of the survivors instantly die

    "And Billy, its 2020, the game got so much easier for Killer. The Killer with insane Map Mobility, strong Add Ons and an easy to use One Hit-ability (with some practice) is not balanced anymore"

    First "the game is so much easier for killer" lol nice joke. Second How does everybody ignore the fact that the devs said that he was completely fine balance wise in the dev post about the hillbilly and lf changes

    Something survivors need to realize is that strong killers can't just press a button and instantly win, it takes skill and time to learn and get good with these killers and when people are very skillful with these killers. Of course thousand hour nurse mains are gonna be hard to beat, those players took the time to learn how to be skillful with her.

    "No those nerfs were not justified both nurse and hillbilly had perfectly fine base kits that didn't need nerfing"

    Their Base Kits were not fine. Nurse got created by the same people who put in Moris without hooking, BNPs which repair a full Gen, Infinites and many other stuff. This should show that the decision making during this period of time was not the best. Nurse is basically a design failure, which is still in the game because they cannot just remove her. And I am 100% sure that if she would not be in the game, she would never be created like this anymore.

    ""just play another killer" is stupid. Having characters that are completely boring and bring no enjoyment is unhealthy for the game and the fact that you don't want those characters fixed is just awful. And why should I be forced to play certain characters if I want to have fun. Also, you have to realize every killer is different and you can't just play a different one and get the same experience as another."

    Fun is 100% subjective. If you dont think certain Killers are fun, dont play them. You have many to choose from. Killers you dont like might be fun for others and Killers I dont like are a blast for other players. So "not fun" is not really an argument, since this is your opinion.

    "What's with people and just forgetting that nurse is the hardest killer to learn? It's almost like a killer that takes high skill should give high reward"

    You still get high reward, it is not like Nurse is weak. Also, being the hardest Killer to learn does not mean that you should keep her as a completely imbalanced design failure as she was without the Recharges and with her old Add Ons.

    "First "the game is so much easier for killer" lol nice joke."

    It is easier for Killers. Sorry if you still struggle to play Killer, this might just mean that you are not good enough.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832627#Comment_1832627

    "No those nerfs were not justified both nurse and hillbilly had perfectly fine base kits that didn't need nerfing"

    Their Base Kits were not fine. Nurse got created by the same people who put in Moris without hooking, BNPs which repair a full Gen, Infinites and many other stuff. This should show that the decision making during this period of time was not the best. Nurse is basically a design failure, which is still in the game because they cannot just remove her. And I am 100% sure that if she would not be in the game, she would never be created like this anymore.

    ""just play another killer" is stupid. Having characters that are completely boring and bring no enjoyment is unhealthy for the game and the fact that you don't want those characters fixed is just awful. And why should I be forced to play certain characters if I want to have fun. Also, you have to realize every killer is different and you can't just play a different one and get the same experience as another."

    Fun is 100% subjective. If you dont think certain Killers are fun, dont play them. You have many to choose from. Killers you dont like might be fun for others and Killers I dont like are a blast for other players. So "not fun" is not really an argument, since this is your opinion.

    "What's with people and just forgetting that nurse is the hardest killer to learn? It's almost like a killer that takes high skill should give high reward"

    You still get high reward, it is not like Nurse is weak. Also, being the hardest Killer to learn does not mean that you should keep her as a completely imbalanced design failure as she was without the Recharges and with her old Add Ons.

    "First "the game is so much easier for killer" lol nice joke."

    It is easier for Killers. Sorry if you still struggle to play Killer, this might just mean that you are not good enough.

    "Their Base Kits were not fine. Nurse got created by the same people who put in Moris without hooking, BNPs which repair a full Gen, Infinites and many other stuff. This should show that the decision making during this period of time was not the best. Nurse is basically a design failure, which is still in the game because they cannot just remove her. And I am 100% sure that if she would not be in the game, she would never be created like this anymore."

    Ok so by that logic Nea's perk streetwise is also busted because it was also implemented when BNPs could fully repair gens. Seriously don't act like things are broken because they were added when other things were busted, that's not how that works.

    You're right she would never have been created like this today but that's because these devs don't do anything unique with killers anymore, they would be to scared of people like you who would nonstop complain about something just because it was new and unfamiliar to you.

    "Fun is 100% subjective. If you dont think certain Killers are fun, dont play them. You have many to choose from. Killers you dont like might be fun for others and Killers I dont like are a blast for other players. So "not fun" is not really an argument, since this is your opinion."

    You just ignored everything I said previously.

    It's ridiculous that you think players should be forced to play certain killers because the devs sucked the fun out of the one they wanted to play

    "You still get high reward, it is not like Nurse is weak. Also, being the hardest Killer to learn does not mean that you should keep her as a completely imbalanced design failure as she was without the Recharges and with her old Add Ons."

    You refer to nurse as a designed failure but just because she changes how you have to play the game doesn't mean she's a "failure"

    You also clearly don't know what High skill High reward is so let me tell you. High skill, high reward is when something takes alot of skill to use and gives a lot in return for being skillful. For the case of nurse the skill comes from the fact that she is slower than survivors and needs to use her ability to catch them but you also need to be accurate with her blinks as well, the reward for learning nurse is you get to ignore normal survivor defenses like pallets and windows, forcing survivors to drastically change how they play, like breaking line of sight or not running in a straight line.

    "It is easier for Killers."

    Thanks for letting me know you're a rank 20 survivor

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I know I’ve never played Nurse but how in the world is Hillbilly so different than before?

    More than half of the time my chainsaw hardly overheats. Sometimes I let it overheat on purpose just to see if it’s working as intended.

    I rev and then stop frequently and repeatedly. It makes me an incredibly inefficient player. However, it's fun to do imo and it doesn't make me any stronger in a chase especially at jungle gyms. So, starting to rev often is already not the optimal strategy. Then the devs go and punish players who do that, even if that player is simply tapping the button repeatedly at a survivor trapped in a corner as a taunt (I once did that since the "rework" absentmindedly and my chainsaw overheated, so I had to leave the survivor trapped in the corner until it was done, which wasn't much fun for either of us).

    But more importantly, it's the roar. That sound is one of the worst in the game, and I dropped him like a hot iron as soon as I heard that for the first time.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832627#Comment_1832627

    "No those nerfs were not justified both nurse and hillbilly had perfectly fine base kits that didn't need nerfing"

    Their Base Kits were not fine. Nurse got created by the same people who put in Moris without hooking, BNPs which repair a full Gen, Infinites and many other stuff. This should show that the decision making during this period of time was not the best. Nurse is basically a design failure, which is still in the game because they cannot just remove her. And I am 100% sure that if she would not be in the game, she would never be created like this anymore.

    ""just play another killer" is stupid. Having characters that are completely boring and bring no enjoyment is unhealthy for the game and the fact that you don't want those characters fixed is just awful. And why should I be forced to play certain characters if I want to have fun. Also, you have to realize every killer is different and you can't just play a different one and get the same experience as another."

    Fun is 100% subjective. If you dont think certain Killers are fun, dont play them. You have many to choose from. Killers you dont like might be fun for others and Killers I dont like are a blast for other players. So "not fun" is not really an argument, since this is your opinion.

    "What's with people and just forgetting that nurse is the hardest killer to learn? It's almost like a killer that takes high skill should give high reward"

    You still get high reward, it is not like Nurse is weak. Also, being the hardest Killer to learn does not mean that you should keep her as a completely imbalanced design failure as she was without the Recharges and with her old Add Ons.

    "First "the game is so much easier for killer" lol nice joke."

    It is easier for Killers. Sorry if you still struggle to play Killer, this might just mean that you are not good enough.


    Nurse got created by the same people who put in Moris without hooking, BNPs which repair a full Gen, Infinites and many other stuff. This should show that the decision making during this period of time was not the best. Nurse is basically a design failure, which is still in the game because they cannot just remove her. And I am 100% sure that if she would not be in the game, she would never be created like this anymore.

    The same people also created Killers like Wraith or Trapper and the rest of the game. Stuff that still works quite well these day. The time period, when she was created isn't that important. Even though she was already nerfed from her original state. Besides that I wouldn't call a Killer a design failure. While beeing strong, the majority of the player base always took her quite well. The great thing about Nurse is, that her base mechanics is that it is just a game changer. A killer who is designed to move mostly with her ability, and with complete different rules during chases is actually a quite great design. Besides that compared to other newly designed killers, she was designed with a lot of tells in mind. Survivor just rarely use it against her and she had a bunch of busted addons, that circumvented those tells.

    And to be honest looking at Blight or Victors base mechanics it does look like the devs actually are getting back in designing killers with Nurse like playstyles. Blight is actually the closest who comes close to nurse in his style. On the other hand it's true, that Devs wouldn't probably design her that way directly. But mostly for "consistency" reasons. And there is still a lot wrong with their current design philosophy as well. Or at least questionable decisions.


    Fun is 100% subjective. If you dont think certain Killers are fun, dont play them. You have many to choose from. Killers you dont like might be fun for others and Killers I dont like are a blast for other players. So "not fun" is not really an argument, since this is your opinion.

    Problem is, that Nurse and Billy are base game killers. The others aren't. Thinking about the base game itself that argument is quite flawed. And yes, you can unlock killers with shards, but that takes quite some time. Not comparable with unlocking characters in other games. Of course with a good reason in mind. They are DLCs. (Even though I have to admit that Billys changes barely changed anything for me. The problematic stuff of him is still there, only his skillfull aspects aspect is affected by the change and doesn't really matter if you compare him to other stronger killers like Oni, who is a DLC killer)

    Besides that. saying "fun is subjective" is a flawed argument as well. By that argument killers could camp you to death each game and say "well fun is subjective" or your opinion, that she is a "failed design" as well etc. Not everything is subjective in Game design. Otherwise there wouldn't be any critical acclaimed games, that are considered well designed etc. There is something like game feel. Something that might sound subjective in your mind, but is actually quite a thing that is kinda mutual shared between humans. Mostly because we all are humans, so perceiving thins mostly similar because of it is part of it. Actually our sense of fairness plays a role as well. Mutual experiences in a group lead to similar perceived feel of fairness. There wasn't that one person in DbD who decided certain things like tunneling/camping are unfair e.g. and shared that knowledge to everybody. Several people made the experience and perceived it that way.

    And like said, there is good reason why so many players are calling current Nurse clunky. No matter how you look at it, but putting two cooldowns in parallel on a killer whose primarly movement is via her ability is not intuitive design. Also it's strange, when the majority of the player base is either ignoring the killer or every other new AddOn they designed for her over the ones, that reduce that second cooldown to bring her as close as possible to her old playstyle. I would call that a "failed design", because why even design those other AddOns. Why even design the those cooldowns?

    And let's not forget the bugs, that need to be adressed and other clunky stuff of her ability like unblinkable spots on maps, which is unintuitive as well.


    It is easier for Killers. Sorry if you still struggle to play Killer, this might just mean that you are not good enough.

    That point I have to disagree as well. DbD is not a skill orientated game. There are so many things that influence the outcome, where losing a game meant bad luck or other circumstances. That counts for survivors as well. Especially because a single survivor has limited influence on the game as well. Besides that I would argue that people are actually good at adapting. And it's a game where 4 brains fight one after all. The killer might be the power role, but nothing change that fact. Their mistakes mean more and it's always more stressfull than survivor. But that's the core design of the game. And it works. So...

    But really I heavily dislike the argument telling others they are just bad, because they struggle. I hate it when killer do this. I hate it when survivors do this as well. It's not really an argument, just denouncing people.


    And BTW: I loved facing a good Nuse. Still love it and will always love it. I barely play her and when than with Spasmodic Breath, because that AddOn is more fun, then it should be on paper. Billy is also a killer I miss facing. Even though there was a time I was annoyed by him a long time ago, when he was basicly almost the only killer you faced in red ranks a long time ago.

  • @oh_0k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832646#Comment_1832646

    "Their Base Kits were not fine. Nurse got created by the same people who put in Moris without hooking, BNPs which repair a full Gen, Infinites and many other stuff. This should show that the decision making during this period of time was not the best. Nurse is basically a design failure, which is still in the game because they cannot just remove her. And I am 100% sure that if she would not be in the game, she would never be created like this anymore."

    Ok so by that logic Nea's perk streetwise is also busted because it was also implemented when BNPs could fully repair gens. Seriously don't act like things are broken because they were added when other things were busted, that's not how that works.

    You're right she would never have been created like this today but that's because these devs don't do anything unique with killers anymore, they would be to scared of people like you who would nonstop complain about something just because it was new and unfamiliar to you.

    "Fun is 100% subjective. If you dont think certain Killers are fun, dont play them. You have many to choose from. Killers you dont like might be fun for others and Killers I dont like are a blast for other players. So "not fun" is not really an argument, since this is your opinion."

    You just ignored everything I said previously.

    It's ridiculous that you think players should be forced to play certain killers because the devs sucked the fun out of the one they wanted to play

    "You still get high reward, it is not like Nurse is weak. Also, being the hardest Killer to learn does not mean that you should keep her as a completely imbalanced design failure as she was without the Recharges and with her old Add Ons."

    You refer to nurse as a designed failure but just because she changes how you have to play the game doesn't mean she's a "failure"

    You also clearly don't know what High skill High reward is so let me tell you. High skill, high reward is when something takes alot of skill to use and gives a lot in return for being skillful. For the case of nurse the skill comes from the fact that she is slower than survivors and needs to use her ability to catch them but you also need to be accurate with her blinks as well, the reward for learning nurse is you get to ignore normal survivor defenses like pallets and windows, forcing survivors to drastically change how they play, like breaking line of sight or not running in a straight line.

    "It is easier for Killers."

    Thanks for letting me know you're a rank 20 survivor

    "It's ridiculous that you think players should be forced to play certain killers because the devs sucked the fun out of the one they wanted to play"

    I mean, if the devs are going to suck the fun out of killers as a way of nerfing them, we owe it to them to at least tell them that.

    It used to be that when I needed a change, I'd bust out Nurse and continue trying to learn her. Oh, I'd be so ecstatic just to get a BBQ 4-stack, it was silly but rewarding. Unfortunately, the fun challenge is gone, so I don't try to play her anymore. Not gonna force myself to play one of the other killers when I don't feel like it, though. Having instant killer queues is nice, but it's not really an incentive to play. I guess the plus is that I'm not adding to the long survivor queue? I hate long queues, so I'm just not playing either role right now.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832759#Comment_1832759

    "It's ridiculous that you think players should be forced to play certain killers because the devs sucked the fun out of the one they wanted to play"

    I mean, if the devs are going to suck the fun out of killers as a way of nerfing them, we owe it to them to at least tell them that.

    It used to be that when I needed a change, I'd bust out Nurse and continue trying to learn her. Oh, I'd be so ecstatic just to get a BBQ 4-stack, it was silly but rewarding. Unfortunately, the fun challenge is gone, so I don't try to play her anymore. Not gonna force myself to play one of the other killers when I don't feel like it, though. Having instant killer queues is nice, but it's not really an incentive to play. I guess the plus is that I'm not adding to the long survivor queue? I hate long queues, so I'm just not playing either role right now.

    When I needed a break from the monotony of other killers, I'd choose Nurse and throw on a one-blink, max movement speed combo.

    That was the most consistent fun I could have as killer, but as you say, playing Nurse is not going to happen in the current state of the present or future.

  • nurse is still by far the best killer in the game, now she needs skill to be played tho. before seh was stupid, just put some stupid addons on it and you were ready to go, im quite happy now... billy well he got an unneeded nerf (to his base kit) he got weaker but it is what it is, people were abusing insta saw and crack billy way too much, so it was needed but not to his base kit imo, he was fun to play and go against, now he is not even fun to play with. the nurse is still stupid always was, always will. if i were the devs i would get billy to what he was BUT nerfing greatly some of his stupid addons.

  • @seki23 said:

    nurse is still by far the best killer in the game, now she needs skill to be played tho. before seh was stupid, just put some stupid addons on it and you were ready to go, im quite happy now... billy well he got an unneeded nerf (to his base kit) he got weaker but it is what it is, people were abusing insta saw and crack billy way too much, so it was needed but not to his base kit imo, he was fun to play and go against, now he is not even fun to play with. the nurse is still stupid always was, always will. if i were the devs i would get billy to what he was BUT nerfing greatly some of his stupid addons.

    No one's saying the killers aren't strong. That's not what this thread is about.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831248#Comment_1831248

    I rev and then stop frequently and repeatedly. It makes me an incredibly inefficient player. However, it's fun to do imo and it doesn't make me any stronger in a chase especially at jungle gyms. So, starting to rev often is already not the optimal strategy. Then the devs go and punish players who do that, even if that player is simply tapping the button repeatedly at a survivor trapped in a corner as a taunt (I once did that since the "rework" absentmindedly and my chainsaw overheated, so I had to leave the survivor trapped in the corner until it was done, which wasn't much fun for either of us).

    But more importantly, it's the roar. That sound is one of the worst in the game, and I dropped him like a hot iron as soon as I heard that for the first time.

    @Kind_Lemon

    Idk. To me he still feels the same. There are only so many times you can rev against smart survivors. I still find him fun to play for sure.

    As for the roar, I feel like it’s a personal choice. I don’t mind it, but I can see others disliking it.

  • I suppose we just used him differently. I loved to use his chainsaw in spots that should never work but that once in a blue moon would net me a hit against a survivor who temporarily became a potato. The number of whips and ludicrous shots I could try allowed me to have so much fun even though I had an accuracy of about 9%. On top of that, my high mouse sensitivity means I often miss back-revs, and I was accustomed and resigned to that.

    Now, none of that is allowed. The devs didn't change how effective he could be and only made him less fun to play inefficiently. I really dislike that kind of design philosophy, and I didn't buy the game with the knowledge that that was the case. That's the main source of my discontentment: a disconnect between my expectations, what it used to be, and what it is becoming/has become.


    but the roar is still the main reason I despise him now... lol

  • With Nurse, you blink and miss over and over. With Hillbilly, you never get to use your chainsaw for downing. At least with Hillbilly, you can fix broken loops with Bamboozle. Both these killers suffer the worst from killer's bad fov.

  • @musstang62 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831368#Comment_1831368

    With Nurse, I think most of the community was in agreement that many of her add-ons were busted and needed to go. It's moreso the basekit changes that drove people crazy, I think. I definitely agree that she's still 1st or 2nd in terms of strength, but having to constantly keep an eye on the blink recharge, WHILE keeping an eye on the survivors... it gets to be exhausting really quick. And even with both recharge add-ons, you still can't get back to old basekit nurse. It's getting closer, but you still can't bypass the recharge system completely. If you charge the blink a quarter second early, you get punished. It demands so much more focus than old basekit nurse did, so that's why I don't find it fun anymore. I can still do great with her, but it just feels miserable to play. Honestly I find pretty much any other killer to be more fun. I'd play 20 matches with Wraith before I play a single Nurse match anymore

    With Billy, a lot of people had already put in the time to learn him and bhvr just straight up removed certain things he could do well for advanced billy players, while pretty much taking nothing away from beginners. If you feather for too long, you'll overheat. You can't pair a charge add-on with an engraving to give you more curving capabilities (the only charge add-on now is garbage since it kicks him down to 110 movement speed). So your options in chase are more limited than before. If you were a billy player that found any of those things fun or rewarding, then their removal is going to make billy feel a lot less fun

    Really? Idk the fact that she renders practically any object or defense useless still makes her a top pick for me as i enjoy having the ability to basically free roam the plane. The cooldown as much as it may suck coming from old nurse is definitely justified as well. It helps to stop nurses from just zoning survivors so they can get easy hits/downs and makes them have to use their blinks more precisely rather than just spamming whenether they want.

    I do agree that the billy base changes were silly and did make him less fun, but regardless he's still a fun killer I know alot of ppl still enjoy playing, me included. Flick billy was nerfed yes but it's still possible, you don't need charge addons to play flick billy and I can understand why charge addons were removed becaues they were very strong.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831368#Comment_1831368

    A lot of people just hate the double cooldown she has right now.Using addons to try to circumvent those changes isn't really good design plus it didn't do anything to nurse.

    Great nurses are still killing teams in seconds.The blink recharge mechanics just makes it more unfun and punishing for average and bad nurse players (which wasn't needed).The core problem the devs tried to adress with this mechanic wasn't solved.

    The problem with the overheat mechanic is that it heavily limits your playstyle.It enforces that zoom around the map and backrev playstyle and quite heavily resticts creative playstyles (e.g curving).You get maybe 1 or 2 attempts now before your saw overheats.

    Another problem imo are the animation changes.Playing billy now feels quite clunky and not as smooth as he used to be.

    The addition of this annoying roar whenever he's sprinting is just the cherry on the top.

    Also people don't dislike playing difficult killers.A lot of players actually love using killers like blight or oni for example.

    I think it's somewhat good tho that bad nurses are getting punished and can't get carried by addons etc. Sure it can be a bit rough learning nurse first off but that's more than a reasonable trade off for the power she gives you when you learn her. The cooldown helps to stop nurses from just spamming their blinks and in a way actually helps newer nurses because it teaches/forces them to be more patient on the blinks.

  • I will never not have fun with Hill Billy, long as I get to zoom around the map.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I know I’ve never played Nurse but how in the world is Hillbilly so different than before?

    More than half of the time my chainsaw hardly overheats. Sometimes I let it overheat on purpose just to see if it’s working as intended.

    That stupid roar and his annoying camera movements.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831455#Comment_1831455

    Really? Idk the fact that she renders practically any object or defense useless still makes her a top pick for me as i enjoy having the ability to basically free roam the plane. The cooldown as much as it may suck coming from old nurse is definitely justified as well. It helps to stop nurses from just zoning survivors so they can get easy hits/downs and makes them have to use their blinks more precisely rather than just spamming whenether they want.

    I do agree that the billy base changes were silly and did make him less fun, but regardless he's still a fun killer I know alot of ppl still enjoy playing, me included. Flick billy was nerfed yes but it's still possible, you don't need charge addons to play flick billy and I can understand why charge addons were removed becaues they were very strong.

    Yeah, I used to really enjoy old basekit nurse once I finally got halfway decent with her (easier said than done on console) but I guess playing her now just kind of... feels like work. Most of the time, when I stop playing a killer, it's because I had a horrendous 0 or 1k match. Last match I played with nurse was a 4k beatdown, but I am still always skipping her dailies whenever they pop up anymore. Guess we might have to agree to disagree about old basekit needing changed. I think omega blink and 3-5 blink nurse was ridiculous but old basekit seemed perfectly balanced to me. Extremely punishing if used the wrong way, extremely rewarding if used correctly. High risk, high reward to make up for the dozens of nurse matches where you got bodied by survivors while learning how to play her. Now, the high reward is still there, but the punishment is so much more extreme than it used to be.

    Honestly, all my complaints would go away if they would just let dual recharge add-ons give you old basekit nurse. That way, you'd have the option to play old basekit, but you still wouldn't be able to use anything busted on nurse, since both her add-ons slots would be used up. I think there are still several killers in the current version of the game that would be more deserving of a nerf than old basekit nurse

    Yep, I should've clarified that - I do agree that flick billy can still work, it just feels a whole lot more difficult to pull off than before. I guess the ideal add-on pass for me would've just been to make spark plug the only charge add-on or something like that. Or just remove the charge reduction from using a single engraving. I do agree insta-saw was an issue

  • Too all that say that Nurse is still strong please play on consoles and come back to say it to my face.😡

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831469#Comment_1831469

    I think it's somewhat good tho that bad nurses are getting punished and can't get carried by addons etc. Sure it can be a bit rough learning nurse first off but that's more than a reasonable trade off for the power she gives you when you learn her. The cooldown helps to stop nurses from just spamming their blinks and in a way actually helps newer nurses because it teaches/forces them to be more patient on the blinks.

    Well,nobody is going to argue that her addons were absolutely busted and carried a lot of players.

    I just think that the blink recharge mechanic is pretty useless,because the original aim of this change was to make good nurses less oppressive in chase and give survivors a bit of a chance,but the thing is it didn't do anything against good nurse players.They still absolutely murder your team in seconds.

    All it did was making it harder and annoying for bad and average nurses (which were already manageable to play against).

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    I suppose we just used him differently. I loved to use his chainsaw in spots that should never work but that once in a blue moon would net me a hit against a survivor who temporarily became a potato. The number of whips and ludicrous shots I could try allowed me to have so much fun even though I had an accuracy of about 9%. On top of that, my high mouse sensitivity means I often miss back-revs, and I was accustomed and resigned to that.

    Now, none of that is allowed. The devs didn't change how effective he could be and only made him less fun to play inefficiently. I really dislike that kind of design philosophy, and I didn't buy the game with the knowledge that that was the case. That's the main source of my discontentment: a disconnect between my expectations, what it used to be, and what it is becoming/has become.

    but the roar is still the main reason I despise him now... lol

    oops, @Johnny_XMan meant to tag you in this comment :P

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831469#Comment_1831469

    I think it's somewhat good tho that bad nurses are getting punished and can't get carried by addons etc. Sure it can be a bit rough learning nurse first off but that's more than a reasonable trade off for the power she gives you when you learn her. The cooldown helps to stop nurses from just spamming their blinks and in a way actually helps newer nurses because it teaches/forces them to be more patient on the blinks.

    Define "Spamming their blinks" for a killer who primarly moves with that ability and that had already a downside in visuals/cooldown before the changes.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834353#Comment_1834353

    Define "Spamming their blinks" for a killer who primarly moves with that ability and that had already a downside in visuals/cooldown before the changes.

    I suppose "spamming" would simply mean "using" in that case.

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834353#Comment_1834353

    Well,nobody is going to argue that her addons were absolutely busted and carried a lot of players.

    I just think that the blink recharge mechanic is pretty useless,because the original aim of this change was to make good nurses less oppressive in chase and give survivors a bit of a chance,but the thing is it didn't do anything against good nurse players.They still absolutely murder your team in seconds.

    All it did was making it harder and annoying for bad and average nurses (which were already manageable to play against).

    Yes, this ^. It did nothing to help with her oppressiveness and did everything to make her less enjoyable to play casually. (RIP Jenner's Last Breath and Anxious Gasp combo).

    --

    Kind_Lemon 

    An advocate of place-able totems, an "untethering from obstacles" pallet interaction (required before pallet usage), and the removal of Exposed from tier 1 Devour Hope.

    Also supports changes to how many survivors need to be present to start repairs on a generator.

    #revertNurseaddons #reverttieroneDevour #reverttiertwoBL #nofreechaseresources #placeabletotems #revertBillysounds #workwiththemusicyouhave

  • @oh_0k said:

    When people suggest reverting the cool-downs added to hillbilly and nurse you always have people saying "They are still strong"

    With Nurse she just feels slow and sluggish to use her power now. No wonder she has the lowest pick rate, but people just blame it on "She's to hard to learn"

    And with hillbilly it limits how much you can do and even if it doesn't come into play often it's still something you have to keep focus on constantly and sometimes it can become alot to handle at a time

    I don't care if they are still at the same strength level after the nerfs, they are just super unfun to play now and people should learn someday that not everybody is looking for wins, some just want to have fun

    Edit: so apparently people aren't reading the post and are just commenting for the hell of it. IM NOT SAYING THEY ARE NOT STRONG ANYMORE, IM SAYING THEY ARE NOT FUN TO LEARN AND PLAY ANYMORE

    Your edit doesn’t fit with your post. Have you read your post?

1 2 ›