I spent 200k bloodpoints on 2 perks. The perk/BP system needs a serious review.

I'm level 50 on my main survivor I use (Adam). I had previously unlocked Balanced Landing, and just bought Built to Last from the Shrine. I decided to get both of these perks to Tier 3, and I went from 300k BP (from the apology gift) down to 100k BP.

And you're giving us 10k BP a day as a special event? Incentive to log in? Seriously?

I've been playing a long time and I'm nowhere near unlocking every perk for every killer, and YEARS from unlocking everything on survivor. Survivors are not "just skins" as you like to say, you pick one and you main it, because putting points into every single survivor to get them all "maxed" is what, a billion BP? It's just ridiculous, it's time to remove tiers from the game or something.

No I did not prestige anyone. Yes I run BBQ/WGLF 100% of the time. Yes I'm tired of having only 3 perk slots because of that. No I don't play for the grind, I want to play for fun. Most of the killers I love have the perks I want, so all the BP system is preventing me from doing is playing niche/bad builds, killers I don't enjoy as much, and changing my survivor.

Comments

  • @ParallelCatalyst said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824953#Comment_1824953

    I believe the last stream they said it would take 6 to 9 months before they even do anything. Which imo is total bs and I think they are just super lazy. There are so many solutions to this problem but they act like it's a new game. I hate the grind, I've played on 2 systems and currently on pc. I hate grinding after all my hours on Xbox which is close to 1k. And now I have to redo all of that on pc and I'm dreading it atm even tho I'm 200 hours in. It makes me not want to play honestly because it feels more like a chore which is sad.

    Amen brother, easy changes at least some of them:

    1) Bloodwebs are smaller now.

    2) Just make it so 4 perks show up at like level 15 and you're guaranteed to get at least two of them each bloodweb.

    3) Less tiers on perks (like 1 tier only)

    4) Devotion grants you a fully unlocked perk per level across all characters providing you have that perk unlocked already.

    5) More BP events, matches and challenges are worth more BPs now.

    6) BP cap is now 1.5 to 2M.

  • @Pythonheir said:

    200k? A lot of people find they have to go through a whole 900k to find the one perk they want. Count yourself as lucky.

    Sorry I should've been more clear, I had already unlocked all other available perks- so it was just 2 perks total i could get.

  • As a 2 week old player, I'm very surprised this game doesn't sell BP packs in the store. I'm enjoying this game right now, but boy I would've blown an additional $100 probably on BP points if I had the option.

    I get it's a balancing act, and perhaps that would hurt player retention... But yeah, something has to be done.

    If I grind a survivor to 40, I should be able to use their perks on another survivor *immediately*. Right now, it's "you can unlock the small chance of finding the perk, if you're lucky!" gee thanks. I am already feeling dread at the thought of how much I have to grind just to get a decent perk setup - this is how you lose new players.

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1826105#Comment_1826105

    No. Never say this. You are ruining video games.

    There exists no world where people are happy with pay2win.

    Its not guaranteed pay to win. It takes the RNG out of the blood web so you don't have to grind like crazy for a perk you want

  • @lucid4444 said:

    I'm level 50 on my main survivor I use (Adam). I had previously unlocked Balanced Landing, and just bought Built to Last from the Shrine. I decided to get both of these perks to Tier 3, and I went from 300k BP (from the apology gift) down to 100k BP.

    And you're giving us 10k BP a day as a special event? Incentive to log in? Seriously?

    I've been playing a long time and I'm nowhere near unlocking every perk for every killer, and YEARS from unlocking everything on survivor. Survivors are not "just skins" as you like to say, you pick one and you main it, because putting points into every single survivor to get them all "maxed" is what, a billion BP? It's just ridiculous, it's time to remove tiers from the game or something.

    No I did not prestige anyone. Yes I run BBQ/WGLF 100% of the time. Yes I'm tired of having only 3 perk slots because of that. No I don't play for the grind, I want to play for fun. Most of the killers I love have the perks I want, so all the BP system is preventing me from doing is playing niche/bad builds, killers I don't enjoy as much, and changing my survivor.

    I honestly feel like the bloodweb (aside from other issues) is what's really driving away new players. It's just waaaayyy too grindy

  • @Kees_T said:

    Yeah ignoring the bugs that comes with every new chapter release (with also the old ones from previous chapter which they don't fix), the grind to get ALL PERKS is ridiculous, we have almost 200 perks for each side.

    Just remove the perk tier, that alone would be of great help. It was a cool additiong when the game released with like 20 perks, it needed some grind, but now, with the actual game state, NO!

    I also like to mention I hate some perk tier that change like 1 second duration to 2 second or something like that.

    Removing perk tiers is literally all they have to do. They would cut the grind down to a third of what it currently is. You'd still be spending a bit of time to get through bloodwebs but that would be fine, as long as you know that when you get a perk in the web, it's the version that's actually useable.

    They need to do this sooner rather than later, because it's already at a completely unacceptable level. I've ######### played MMOs with less grinding than this

  • @AssassinZodiac said:

    I feel sorry for new players to the game. It's gotta be incredibly frustrating to not be able to get a decent build until they are several hundred hours into the game. I've been playing regularly since 2017 and still don't have all perks unlocked for both killer or survivor.

    Their fault if they buy all the dlcs and unlock all the teachables, it's not that grindy if you're smart. New players mostly don't know what they are doing as i can see from my friends even with 300hrs they still can't beat the bloodweb.

    I have all the perks unlocked for survivors and missing latest 3 perks for killers (will wait for another dlc, not worth it to go through bloodweb for 3 perks) 3 survivors have all the perks in the game, Meg main because she has the most cosmetics, but loved the christmas onesies for Zarina and Elodie so yeah now have 2 more survivors to play with (both of the characters were done in 2 weeks, zarina was a little over level 50). And getting all the perks for all the killers, 3.5 killers left to do. Never prestiged, playing from 2016, oh i did prestige 1 random survivor for the achievements already forgot about that :P If i knew everything that i know right now about bloodweb and started this game it would be so easy to get the perks i want.

  • @ugDUST said:

    I don't see the problem. I have dwight, claudette, feng, and nea and p3 50 with all perks and I've only been playing since April 2020.. I also have spirit, doc and trapper p3 50 with all perks. Maybe do the challenges?

    How many hours?

  • The grind ist a must have. In my opinion def. NO. I play since 2016 too and it was alooot of time to get my characters on P3 with all perks

  • It's a luck based system. Sometimes you get the exact items you want, other times you get the exact opposite. I don't think it needs to be reviewed. I understand you are upset, but I have all characters maxed and I don't use bbq or wglf, I have 4 perk slots, I have fun.

  • @GlabSlap said:

    It's a luck based system. Sometimes you get the exact items you want, other times you get the exact opposite. I don't think it needs to be reviewed. I understand you are upset, but I have all characters maxed and I don't use bbq or wglf, I have 4 perk slots, I have fun.

    I had only those 2 perks available - the rest of the perks unlocked were already T3 for me. It wasn't luck as to what would spawn on the bloodweb, there were only those 2 perks to choose from. I wish I had all characters maxed so I could play whatever 4 perks I want

  • I think that there definitely needs to be more of an incentive to prestige characters. For example, once you hit prestige level two then I think every perk you unlock should be at level 2, and so on and so forth for level 3.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1826229#Comment_1826229

    Obviously he has a life where he isn't playing the game nonstop.

    I work 6 days a week 8 hours a day

  • Well I guess that's why you have everything.

  • Me: Yo play DbD with me its a fun game

    Friend: Ok

    Friend: Why can you run fast and I can't?

    Me: Oh yeah, you also gotta grind 700 hours for special perks that give you an advantage over everyone else

    Friend: *Last played 200 days ago*

1 2 ›