Do survivors just not know how to play the game?
Been playing the bloodhunt and almost every single match I have been in, survivors gen rush and then run straight out the exit gates. I literally was in a match today where all 5 players brought bloody party streamers and then everyone gen rushed and got a score around 12000.
So what is it? Are they scared? Do they not know how to play the game? It's rare that i see survivors with more than 20k points and then when I say something, their reply is usually "I played the game." Well I'm sorry but if you got less than 20k, no. You didn't.
As survivor I almost always get just under 30k if I survive. Especially if there are bloodpoint bonuses, I will be opening chests, cleansing totems, antagonizing the killer and doing altruism.
Do survivors just not want the points or do they not realize that there is more to DbD than just getting out alive?
So what is it? Are they scared? Do they not know how to play the game? It's rare that i see survivors with more than 20k points and then when I say something, their reply is usually "I played the game." Well I'm sorry but if you got less than 20k, no. You didn't.
As survivor I almost always get just under 30k if I survive. Especially if there are bloodpoint bonuses, I will be opening chests, cleansing totems, antagonizing the killer and doing altruism.
Do survivors just not want the points or do they not realize that there is more to DbD than just getting out alive?
Comments
Their objective is to do gens and leave. They don't have any other necessary objectives. They did what they had to do and got out. They played the game perfectly.
I've actually gotta give them props for not farming with you. Good on them.
Some killer pretend to farm during the event then 4k and say ez post game chat etc.
So most survivors are going to gen rush and not give anything up due to a few jerks. If the killer is going for kills then survivors will gen rush, if not they don't really know whether to trust you or not.
I dunno why we've gotten to the point in the game where playing for objectives is considered "not knowing how to play the game". Just because someone doesn't want to farm with you doesn't mean they don't know how to play. It's just like survivors complaining about camping or tunneling.
Lol, and I get the complete opposite in my matches.. Survivors end up dying because they are way too altruistic and want their unhook points so bad during the event.
Why is that? Cleansing a totem only takes a few seconds, and doing them wouldn't harm. I have never seen a team losing because somebody went to cleanse dull totems. But what I have seen is teams getting saved because all the dull totems were cleansed and NOED had no chance of spawning.
Then you blame them when you get NOED'd to death.
Well it would be nice to get unhooked before going to the next stage or dying but there shouldn't be more than 1-2 survivors that go for the unhook. Now I just see people running after the killer that is in a chase and then quickly hiding behind something near the just hooked person so they can be the first one to unhook. So annoying. I mostly just go and try to fix generators myself but it's very boring to just hold M1 and press spacebar from time to time in a trial.
And @TheHourMan : the goal of the game as survivor is to get out alive. Devs use a lot of mechanics to make it more exciting and diverse than just holding M1, but in the end of the day, if you got out, you played well. If you haven't, you didn't. You're just too obsessed with BP/pips.
lol, their objective is to Escape, that's something, really is
Escaping is not the only objective in the game, and what irritates me is when players do nothing but escape. To put it into words that a survivor main would understand the frustration of: Imagine if there was an event where you got triple points for escaping and every single match you went into that day was a triple-blink Nurse with an ebony mori. That's what it feels like for a killer to encounter nothing but gen rushers. It feels like you wasted your time even going into the match.
As a Survivor main, no, I don’t know how to play the game.
If I did at all I would be in rank 1 because Survivor is literally just that braindead.
I mean, I COULD run Doctor with Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Overcharge and Ruin if I really wanted to force the game to be slowed down, but I would like to actually have a decent 10-15 minute game most of the time without having to force it with ######### that is going to wind up making the match no fun for anyone.
Yeah I get chewed out by ppl who died since I go for totems whether their lit or not because they might just have NOED. Then I get the same ppl that flame because they got nailed by NOED in a later match and wonder why you didn't cleanse it.
Well probably because i was either dead, dying, on hook or being tunneled non stop because the killer saw me doing totems lol.
sadly OP that is how the developers intend the game to be played, survivors will only die if they let themselves die.
I'll tell you what can make the team lose. Ignoring those dull totems and then realising once you have all the gens powered that the killer has NOED.
That sounds like they know JUST how to play a Survivor.
It's right there in the name, no? Survive.
BP is great to have, but earning a lot isn't the main goal.
There really isn't. He doesn't get stronger the longer you are in a trial, does he?
Fair enough. What about the Killers who aren't the Hillbilly or the Nurse?
I'm a solo survivour and I think that my teammates are ALWAYS dumb. They do things that sentient creatures would never ever do. Example: you have a survivour that doesn't have BT running to the hook with the killer. He unhooks and now there are two hooked sruvivours, YAY. Another one: I'm running with the killer ~for two minutes now. No gens done in that time. After I finally end up hooked they manage to repai one single gen. Another one: You've got Myers Tier 2, and a survivour t-bagging in the middle of nothing in his LOS. He'll be dead in a second. And I'm not aven talking about Hag... They manage to crawl on UE to the hook area, stand up, start unhhoking and get interrupted by the Hag that just've teleported here. Hag puts a trap next to the pallet? Let's just loop here and get downed, YAY!
@TheHourMan What do you want them to do?
The ONLY objective that survivors have is to do gens, cleanse totems (maybe) and exit. Anything else counter productive to the actual objective of the game. If you're playing to get blood points, then you're playing the wrong game, because thats not the objective of the game.
I can kind of understand your argument in the sense that playing Mario isn't only about finishing a level, but also collecting the coins. BUT if you collect the coins and STILL don't finish the level, you've failed.
Also, doing anything other than gens and escaping is a one-way-ticket to toxic/troll-ville. "Well, I've done a few gens and the exit gates are open, guess I'll go taunt the killer and get him to hit and hook me a few times." No thanks.
This. Yes, I am brand new to the game, but not new to PvP games. I've watched a ton of vids on this game before buying, which I rarely do, but have learned to do for PvP games.
Anyway, there are bloodpoint categories for a reason. The Devs constantly speak of looking for ways to make it more engaging, as opposed to more ways to hook or do gens faster. Yeah, there's an objective (gens or hooks), but that's one category of what you get rewarded for.
I don't know. If I simply want to play the objective, I'll just head back to Overwatch. After all, that's the sole point of that game. Here in DBD, I'll do what I can to create fun, engaging matches that reward us all bloodpoints, if possible.
This. Yes, I am brand new to the game, but not new to PvP games. I've watched a ton of vids on this game before buying, which I rarely do, but have learned to do for PvP games.
Anyway, there are bloodpoint categories for a reason. The Devs constantly speak of looking for ways to make it more engaging, as opposed to more ways to hook or do gens faster. Yeah, there's an objective (gens or hooks), but that's one category of what you get rewarded for.
I don't know. If I simply want to play the objective, I'll just head back to Overwatch. After all, that's the sole point of the game. Here in DBD, I'll do what I can to create fun, engaging matches that reward us all bloodpoints, if possible.
Guess I'm just playing wrong.
Sure it is, for the survivor side. But yeah, it's true if you play killer but maybe you want to do that in some matches xD
Yeah because double pip usually requires going for unhooks which when you've got a killer hard camping isn't happening. You also have to do a lot of healing which requires someone getting hurt and doing gens.
This. Yes, I am brand new to the game, but not new to PvP games. I've watched a ton of vids on this game before buying, which I rarely do, but have learned to do for PvP games.
Anyway, there are bloodpoint categories for a reason. The Devs constantly speak of looking for ways to make it more engaging, as opposed to more ways to hook or do gens faster. Yeah, there's an objective (gens or hooks), but that's one category of what you get rewarded for.
I don't know. If I simply want to play the objective, I'll just head back to Overwatch. After all, that's the sole point of the game. Here in DBD, I'll do what I can to create fun, engaging matches that reward us all bloodpoints, if possible.
This. Yes, I am brand new to the game, but not new to PvP games. I've watched a ton of vids on this game before buying, which I rarely do, but have learned to do for PvP games.
Anyway, there are bloodpoint categories for a reason. The Devs constantly speak of looking for ways to make it more engaging, as opposed to more ways to hook or do gens faster. Yeah, there's an objective (gens or hooks), but that's one category of what you get rewarded for.
I don't know. If I simply want to play the objective, I'll just head back to Overwatch. After all, that's the sole point of the game. Here in DBD, I'll do what I can to create fun, engaging matches that reward us all bloodpoints, if possible.
This. Yes, I am brand new to the game, but not new to PvP games. I've watched a ton of vids on this game before buying, which I rarely do, but have learned to do for PvP games.
Anyway, there are bloodpoint categories for a reason. The Devs constantly speak of looking for ways to make it more engaging, as opposed to more ways to hook or do gens faster. Yeah, there's an objective (gens or hooks), but that's one category of what you get rewarded for.
I don't know. If I simply want to play the objective, I'll just head back to Overwatch. After all, that's the sole point of the game. Here in DBD, I'll do what I can to create fun, engaging matches that reward us all bloodpoints, if possible.