An Offer for Mathieu

I would like to take a moment of your time to discuss something very important to me. It's something that has sparked great amounts of discussion across the community, having been a hot topic ever since it was implemented: The Nightmare's Rework.

For ages now, I've seen people putting forward their ideas on how they would balance Freddy's current kit, but I am not here to propose any changes to this specifically. Instead, I am here to ask you to return to a better time, back before the days of Dream Snares and Fake Pallets, and I'm not making this request empty-handed.

What I'm asking for:

What I'm asking for is a way, either through an addon or an option, to play the pre-rework Nightmare. I want to make it clear that I'm not asking for a basekit replacement, I appreciate the effort that was put in to make Freddy a more accessible killer, and I quite enjoy playing him in his current state. However, a lot of us miss the unique and interesting playstyle of Old Freddy. Despite his downsides, if you adapted how you played him, then he had many advantages which you could make use of.

What's in it for you:

Reimplementing pre-rework Freddy would keep both sides of the Freddy debate happy. Those who enjoy playing the current Freddy will still be able to do so, while those of us who miss the Old Freddy will be able to enjoy him once again.

In addition to this, I'm willing to offer a bounty upon his reimplementation. If pre-rework Freddy once again graces the trials with his presence, I will send to you a whole bag of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps (that's Chips for the Americans). I'm not joking, although it may seem too good to be true, I am willing to post the ENTIRE bag all the way from the UK to Behaviour Interactive, Canada. Whatever you do with this bag is up to you, but treasure it as a token of my eternal appreciation.

This is my offer. Whether you decide to take it or not is up to you, but the rewards will be great.

Signed, ReverseVelocity

Founder of the Old Freddy Appreciation Society

Comments

  • I’m 90% sure that they’ll just rework the jump rope and swing chains add-ons to be useless. And probably change the default sleep timer from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.

  • @gatsby said:

    I’m 90% sure that they’ll just rework the jump rope and swing chains add-ons to be useless. And probably change the default sleep timer from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.

    I think they'll touch the snare spam as well.

  • @gatsby said:

    I’m 90% sure that they’ll just rework the jump rope and swing chains add-ons to be useless. And probably change the default sleep timer from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.

    Well, I can still hope they add Old Freddy back someday.

  • I love this. At least let us play older versions of Killers in custom games

  • They'll never do this now or else it'll seem like they're bribable

  • What you hear when someone says "Old Freddy":

    • a pre-rework kit for the Nightmare.


    What I hear when someone says "Old Freddy":

    • Robert Englund

  • @Terro said:

    They'll never do this now or else it'll seem like they're bribable

    "Bribable" lol .

    you mean the BHVR actually do something the community would be interested in, which would in turn possibly get people to spend money on a product.

  • I stopped reading at "a lot of us miss the unique and interesting playstyle of Old Freddy."

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1817036#Comment_1817036

    "Bribable" lol .

    you mean the BHVR actually do something the community would be interested in, which would in turn possibly get people to spend money on a product.

    Nah. I mean directly contacting a single dev and saying if you push for y, I'll give you x.

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1817041#Comment_1817041

    Nah. I mean directly contacting a single dev and saying if you push for y, I'll give you x.

    And 1 dude saying something makes the communities agreement with the statement moot? Also, I know he says he's not joking, but the hyperbole is strong in the OP.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1817047#Comment_1817047

    And 1 dude saying something makes the communities agreement with the statement moot? Also, I know he says he's not joking, but the hyperbole is strong in the OP.

    Yes. That's how mafia works.

  • Old Freddy was changed because his power was too problematic. He is not coming back.

  • @Terro said:

    They'll never do this now or else it'll seem like they're bribable

    I was once arrested for trying to avoid a tax fraud charge with half a pack of Ready Salted Crisps. I got let off with a warning after he tried one of them. It's a very effective strategy.

    But for real, I don't think a packet of Cheese and Onion crisps from a random person on the internet is the same as a briefcase full of money from the Canadian Mafia.

  • @MythMage said:

    I love this. At least let us play older versions of Killers in custom games

    That'd be pretty neat. Unfortunately the Devs have said that custom games aren't really used that much, so changes to them aren't that high priority.

  • @KateDunson said:

    I stopped reading at "a lot of us miss the unique and interesting playstyle of Old Freddy."

    Well I stopped reading at "I stopped reading at "a lot of us miss the unique and interesting playstyle of Old Freddy.""

    How do you like THEM apples?

  • Why do people simp for old freddy? He was so bad he had his own tier in tier lists. literally called "freddy tier"

    Even when I tried him before he was changed he felt horrible. You couldn't hit people before you put them to sleep, allowing them time to make it to a loop. Even the slowdown given by sleeping survivors could be taken away by simply waking up.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    I would like to take a moment of your time to discuss something very important to me. It's something that has sparked great amounts of discussion across the community, having been a hot topic ever since it was implemented: The Nightmare's Rework.

    For ages now, I've seen people putting forward their ideas on how they would balance Freddy's current kit, but I am not here to propose any changes to this specifically. Instead, I am here to ask you to return to a better time, back before the days of Dream Snares and Fake Pallets, and I'm not making this request empty-handed.

    What I'm asking for:

    What I'm asking for is a way, either through an addon or an option, to play the pre-rework Nightmare. I want to make it clear that I'm not asking for a basekit replacement, I appreciate the effort that was put in to make Freddy a more accessible killer, and I quite enjoy playing him in his current state. However, a lot of us miss the unique and interesting playstyle of Old Freddy. Despite his downsides, if you adapted how you played him, then he had many advantages which you could make use of.

    What's in it for you:

    Reimplementing pre-rework Freddy would keep both sides of the Freddy debate happy. Those who enjoy playing the current Freddy will still be able to do so, while those of us who miss the Old Freddy will be able to enjoy him once again.

    In addition to this, I'm willing to offer a bounty upon his reimplementation. If pre-rework Freddy once again graces the trials with his presence, I will send to you a whole bag of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps (that's Chips for the Americans). I'm not joking, although it may seem too good to be true, I am willing to post the ENTIRE bag all the way from the UK to Behaviour Interactive, Canada. Whatever you do with this bag is up to you, but treasure it as a token of my eternal appreciation.

    This is my offer. Whether you decide to take it or not is up to you, but the rewards will be great.

    Signed, ReverseVelocity

    Founder of the Old Freddy Appreciation Society

    Old freddy will never come back, said the devs themselves.

  • @chieften333 said:

    Why do people simp for old freddy? He was so bad he had his own tier in tier lists. literally called "freddy tier"

    Even when I tried him before he was changed he felt horrible. You couldn't hit people before you put them to sleep, allowing them time to make it to a loop. Even the slowdown given by sleeping survivors could be taken away by simply waking up.

    Freddy had quite a few obvious downsides, but if you were able to micromanage and constantly keep the whole team asleep you'd have great tracking and slowdown. Plus his small Terror Radius allowed you to sneak up on people when you knew exactly where they were. The Dream Transition did have potential as not just a downside though, if you remembered what times you were visible and invisible, you could mindgame the survivors. That was an advanced technique though, and BHVR should've indicated your visibility instead of leaving players to have to remember it.

    I loved how different his playstyle was personally. If you tried to play him like a regular killer, his downsides would really hurt you. If you played to his strengths, he was a pretty good killer.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1817036#Comment_1817036

    "Bribable" lol .

    you mean the BHVR actually do something the community would be interested in, which would in turn possibly get people to spend money on a product.

    So you mean the "community" would be interested in nerfing freddy back to his former state? Dude, what are smoking? Sure there are some confused minds romanticising the old freddy times, and even some few insanely good freddy players. But overall he was just AWFUL!

  • If you send ME a pack of chips I'll personally forward your idea to my dad. He works at BHVR, of course

  • I was hoping old freddy would remain as an addon but alas. To be fair 98% of people would still stick with new Freddy. He's a free BP/win generator. They'd play one game as old freddy, get their asses handed to them and switch back.

  • @bredbeddle said:

    If you send ME a pack of chips I'll personally forward your idea to my dad. He works at BHVR, of course

    Well my Dad is Bill Jobs, owner of Applesoft.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I was hoping old freddy would remain as an addon but alas. To be fair 98% of people would still stick with new Freddy. He's a free BP/win generator. They'd play one game as old freddy, get their asses handed to them and switch back.

    Yeah, he wasn't a killer for everyone, I still have hope he'll come back one day though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Can I also ask for a petition to bring Old Doctor back? He was weak as hell (arguably the weakest killer at the time) and 3 gens against him were terrible, but hitting good shocks with him was so much more satisfying than with current Doc. Now his skill ceilling dropped a lot because hitting shock therapies became really easy, especially if you just spam them.

    Old Doctor was the first killer that I played and the one I made to rank 1 for the first time, I miss these days.

    I personally don't wanna play old Doc, but the Static Field was cool. He feels a lot less clunky to play now though.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1817041#Comment_1817041

    So you mean the "community" would be interested in nerfing freddy back to his former state? Dude, what are smoking? Sure there are some confused minds romanticising the old freddy times, and even some few insanely good freddy players. But overall he was just AWFUL!

    No you put those words in my mouth. did you read the OP about it being an add on or being available in KYF more choices ain't a bad thing. Gain some reading comprehension first before you comment.

  • The title makes it sound like you want to buy out the company.

  • You don't need to reason with Mathieu, you need to reason with the guy who paints his fingernails. He seems to control everything.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    The title makes it sound like you want to buy out the company.

    Don't worry, I don't have enough crisps to do THAT!

  • Ah, the old Freddy... The one that was completely helpless in situations such: When survivor is unhooked near exit gates. Picking up survivors that being healed by non sleeping survivors. Nonsleepers bodyblocking and using bugged autoaim to their advantage. Selfcare skillchecks waking up, and many more #########.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1817149#Comment_1817149

    No you put those words in my mouth. did you read the OP about it being an add on or being available in KYF more choices ain't a bad thing. Gain some reading comprehension first before you comment.

    Ok, I obviously misunderstood what you were referring to, so I appologize for attacking you. I guess I confused this bc there were other posters around your post which called for freddy being reverted.

    Still, I still think you could tone down your hostility. A simple "I was not talking about freddy revert, you got the wrong guy" would have done the same, without insulting me. Communication errors can happen, esp. in an asynchronous and unpersonal medium like forums.

    Again, I'm sorry that I misunderstood your post (which was not even directed to me) and attacked you for a thing you did not say.

  • This will not happen as some where very unhappy about playing that kind of Freddy.

    The only way to resurrect that Power would be to rebalance it so its fun for survivors too.

    BHVR thought it was better to replace the entire power.

  • @Emeal said:

    This will not happen as some where very unhappy about playing that kind of Freddy.

    The only way to resurrect that Power would be to rebalance it so its fun for survivors too.

    BHVR thought it was better to replace the entire power.

    Are you saying Freddy was unfun to play or unfun to play against? I can't tell.