Spirit forces you to play like a dick.
So just hitting P3 with her, and having a fair amount of fun playing around with Perks and such, and although she's not trash by any means, and has a lot going for her once you get used to tracking survivors with haunting. The issue so far, is that a few of her mechanics force you to tunnel, what I mean by this is a few things.
Her cooldown and general time taken to use her ability, makes it incredibly risky to use if you are not sure of getting a hit. Missing is such a huge time penalty (Especially when compared to similar killers) That you never want to make risky plays.
This means that because Scratchmarks have a delay, and are generally unreliable even with predator, and following them is just asking to get juked, sound is by far your best tool in using her.
So who makes more noise? Injured and recently unhooked survivors. If I haunt back to a hook after a rescue. (Which you can do from a fair distance, pretty rapidly) Its very easy to find the unhooked guy, and just tunnel them into the ground, its not something you do deliberately, but her power just lends itself to it, especially if running Stridor (Which she needs to even start being effective, put stridor in her base kit, seriously, without it survivors running iron will are invisible.) Going after a healthy survivor is pretty much never the best idea, because without the injured noises, its incredibly easy to get juked. I'm not sure how to fix this, and she still needs buffs in other areas, but as people find the most optimal builds for her, I think you are going to see a lot of salt because she really excels at just taking people out 1 by 1.
Comments
lol spirit is just bad, period
Although her cd does need adjusting
Holy hell you already prestige three times with her? It takes me at least 20 to 30 minutes just to get a game started.
Use sloppy butcher, bloodhound to help you track. But I agree sometimes you'll be tunneling since considering the nature of her power and movement speed it's first come, first served when she finds a survivor
Playing optimally is "playing like a dick"......
If you say so.
Maybe it wouldn't have been such a problem if at least their stupid marks would work as they should and not appear years later. And I still don't understand how it works when u are a survivor. Do you know I'm exactly near u bcz u hear her screams louder? If so why did they think this was a good idea?
She already has a hard time at getting her ability to good use. What's the point of making it even worse?
Also if the sound is directional SHAME ON THEM.
I'm going to need an example that doesn't include her ultra rare add ons. So far i only got 1 4k, 2 3ks, 3 3 2ks, and a Ok. Maybe I'm missing something, but the trade offs her power afford just seem too weak.
I typically use her power when by a pallet if I see scratch marks I know they are running away but if I still see the same one they are still there or else tries to walk away quietly so I jump out of it.
And I have plenty more ways I like to use her power. I plan on giving my feedback later in the balance section
It is a killer designed for tunneling, just like leatherface has been designed for camping.
Both are legit ways to play the game and not "playing like a dick".
However this will suck when I play survivor
Exactly the reason I play her. I've got her P II at the moment and love some of the interactions I have with her, but honestly without using her best cooldown reduction addon and activation reduction addon her power feels more punishing than Freddy, and that's a big insult to an otherwise amazing killer.
When you stack up what her power does and compare it to the amount of punishes she gets for using it, it really doesn't feel worth it.
Pros:
Cons:
This being said, I'm loving Rancor, BBQ&C, Stridor and Remember Me on her. A decent blend of map control and terror.
Wait, what? Sloppy I can understand if you're using Father's Glasses, but Nurse's Calling doesn't work when she uses her power: Survivors are still invisible to you and their auras don't get revealed until you stop Phase Walking.
I'm going to say, if you don't have it and want to commit to playing Spirit get it. It's pretty much required to play well unfortunately.
Playing killer forces you to play like a dick if you want the W
you can get a w or pip etc without having to be a dick.
Depends on the killer you are playing
It's called playing to win - something the game understands. But sadly, something that scrubs who put themselves under mental shackles with these made up rules don't understand.
Just because survivors run iron will doesn't mean she needs a buff to hearing...
Both sides have made up rules and most don't follow them and play like normal people not jerks.
Darn technicalities.
Yeah only way I am successful is tunnelling with her at r1. 20s CD on ability is to long. I haver every killer at p3 with every perk but not gonna bother with her.
She is fun at like r10 I guess but missing a 20sec swing at r1 can cost you a gen easy.