Are Gen Rushers a Community Problem?

Does anyone else feel that Gen Rushing is a issue for this community? It makes the gameplay to fast and unnecessary for killers.


Edit: Since so many are crying that I'm apparently "Bashing" Survivors (without any evidence whatsoever.)

Let me explain before people still cry.

Gen Rushing is defined as a Group of players (not just SWF) SPECIFICALLY building their characters with Toolboxes,Perks, and Add-Ons that speed up the progressions to Gens and to Gen Rush a Killer and ending the match as QUICKLY as possible, and sometimes even trying to lure the Killer as fast and as long as they can so they can't stop the regression this is not fun for Killers.

Now firstly I never said once in this post that Survivors are bad or Survivors shouldn't do "Gens" it's the fact there is MANY unbalanced ways for Survivors either by 2 or 3 to complete gens under 1-2 mins and ending the game for the Killers.

Comments

  • Gen rushing is not the issue, it's like ignoring the root of the problem. It's the fact that most killers can't do anything about it without mobility and map pressure.

  • Your own shortcomings on downing survivors fast isn't a game issue.

  • gen rushing it's probably the biggest misconception in this community. What gen rushing means it's the chance of gens going so fast without being able to stop it, simply by doing the maths with the time; like still losing 2 gens with a short chase if survivors are optimal. People tho, tend to think that genrushing means blaming survivors who stay on gen, period, which it's not the meaning of the concept.

  • Yes doing the one objective in the game for survivors is a community problem.

  • How are we defining genrushing here? Because is all survivors spawn split up and the 3 not being pressured do the generator nearest to them, that's not rushing. It's doing their objective.

  • Doing gens efficiently is the goal of the game. The only community issue is people having a problem with survivors who are good at it.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    Does anyone else feel that Gen Rushing is a issue for this community? It makes the gameplay to fast and unnecessary for killers.

    The actual problem is that a LOT of people misuse this term.

    Actual gen rush is a team of survivors that focus solely on doing the objective and would even let teammates die just to focus on completing their objective.

    The problem with that now is that a lot of killer just blame their loss on gen rush and say something like "Well,they genrushed me.Nothing i could have done about it."

    Which is almost never true.So many people just aren't able to look at their own mistakes they made during the match and blame something else for it.Those players will never get better at the game and that goes for both sides

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/211454/are-gen-rushers-a-community-problem

    The actual problem is that a LOT of people misuse this term.

    Actual gen rush is a team of survivors that focus solely on doing the objective and would even let teammates die just to focus on completing their objective.

    The problem with that now is that a lot of killer just blame their loss on gen rush and say something like "Well,they genrushed me.Nothing i could have done about it."

    Which is almost never true.So many people just aren't able to look at their own mistakes they made during the match and blame something else for it.Those players will never get better at the game and that goes for both sides

    Sorry alot like shift blaming and then trying to twist the narrative make it sound like I'm a "Bad" killer (my YouTube surely debunks this.)

    If I'm seeing a full team with Add-Ons/Items especially/purposely used to Gen rush on Killers how is that my own mistakes?


    I don't pick them the servers do.

    The ranking system does.


    If you put baby killers with the pros then what do you call it? "git Gud"? Or "Misuse of Players"?

  • @Mugombo said:

    Yes doing the one objective in the game for survivors is a community problem.

    Nothing about that is the issue can you read that in my post?


    Specially going to gens as groups or with specific add-ons/perks purposely used for Gen Rushing players by going to each one doing multiple and then waiting when one person lures the killer is a Community Problem.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    Does anyone else feel that Gen Rushing is a issue for this community? It makes the gameplay to fast and unnecessary for killers.

    The problem is, is that killers are OP. So people feel the need to get gens done as quickly as possible. But that’s not genrushing, that’s just playing the game.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798625#Comment_1798625

    Nothing about that is the issue can you read that in my post?

    Specially going to gens as groups or with specific add-ons/perks purposely used for Gen Rushing players by going to each one doing multiple and then waiting when one person lures the killer is a Community Problem.

    Are gen rushers a community problem? That’s your title. It’s exactly what you wrote lol

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798625#Comment_1798625

    Nothing about that is the issue can you read that in my post?

    Specially going to gens as groups or with specific add-ons/perks purposely used for Gen Rushing players by going to each one doing multiple and then waiting when one person lures the killer is a Community Problem.

    Your title is "gen rushing a community problem"? Yeah it sounds like you are saying that survivors doing their only objective (Gens) is a bad thing (problem)... can you read that in your own post? Maybe edit it because you're not expressing yourself well.

    Also, maybe stop blaming people for playing the game? just a thought. ask the devs to make changes instead of judging all survivors by telling them they're a problen. so unfair.

  • @YaiPa said:

    gen rushing it's probably the biggest misconception in this community. What gen rushing means it's the chance of gens going so fast without being able to stop it, simply by doing the maths with the time; like still losing 2 gens with a short chase if survivors are optimal. People tho, tend to think that genrushing means blaming survivors who stay on gen, period, which it's not the meaning of the concept.

    Never said that anywhere in my post tho.....

  • @Felnex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798650#Comment_1798650

    Your title is "gen rushing a community problem"? Yeah it sounds like you are saying that survivors doing their only objective (Gens) is a bad thing (problem)... can you read that in your own post? Maybe edit it because you're not expressing yourself well.

    Also, maybe stop blaming people for playing the game? just a thought. ask the devs to make changes instead of judging all survivors by telling them they're a problen. so unfair.

    1. I don't need to edit anything it's a simple question it seems y'all just don't wanna have this discussion because people want solutions on how to actually apply map pressure/anti-gen rushing tactics.


    2. When did I ever blame any players or anyone?.....Point where I said "Survivors" or "Players" in my post I'll wait it's a generalized Question.

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798650#Comment_1798650

    Are gen rushers a community problem? That’s your title. It’s exactly what you wrote lol

    Yes and your point?.....so asking a question is now illegal?

    @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/211454/are-gen-rushers-a-community-problem

    The problem is, is that killers are OP. So people feel the need to get gens done as quickly as possible. But that’s not genrushing, that’s just playing the game.

    Killers are def not that OP in this comes from a very experienced Michael, Ghostface, Pyramid Head, and former Freddy/Trapper mainer they are underpower when it comes to many aspects.

  • depends on how much I tunnel or how long my slowdown lasts

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798669#Comment_1798669

    1. I don't need to edit anything it's a simple question it seems y'all just don't wanna have this discussion because people want solutions on how to actually apply map pressure/anti-gen rushing tactics.

    2. When did I ever blame any players or anyone?.....Point where I said "Survivors" or "Players" in my post I'll wait it's a generalized Question.

    1. I did answer it, read my post again
    2. Seriously? Are you trolling me right now? For somebody who questions other people's ability to read, you're missing a lot. Once again you literally say in the title "is genrushing a problem" (and although you ask a question, you apparently already have an answer in mind and you go onto argue that point, so it's not just an innocent question, you're very biased. change the title to "I think genrushing is a problem" becuase that's what you feel obviously) Emphasis on the word PROBLEM. Problems are negative, not good: they're a negative judgment. To call the playstyle of survivors (IE genrushing means you're being optimal) a "problem" is a negative judgment on all survivor players. You really need to pay attention to what you're saying.

    just be honest.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798633#Comment_1798633

    Sorry alot like shift blaming and then trying to twist the narrative make it sound like I'm a "Bad" killer (my YouTube surely debunks this.)

    If I'm seeing a full team with Add-Ons/Items especially/purposely used to Gen rush on Killers how is that my own mistakes?

    I don't pick them the servers do.

    The ranking system does.

    If you put baby killers with the pros then what do you call it? "git Gud"? Or "Misuse of Players"?

    Just wanted to clarify on that.It wasn't aimed at you.I only explained what real genrush is and that a lot of people don't really understand the term.

    And i would call it garbage matchmaking,if it puts you against players that are way more experienced than you.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798664#Comment_1798664

    Yes and your point?.....so asking a question is now illegal?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798657#Comment_1798657

    Killers are def not that OP in this game as experienced Michael, Ghostface, Pyramid Head, and former Freddy/Trapper mainer they are underpower when it comes to many aspects.

    You should not have to be a god survivor to win. You can give your excuses to me all you want but killers destroy solo players and swf destroy killers most of the time. I obviously know they aren’t the most OP thing ever but even behaviors stats show that killers are OP. The stats should be like 35%- 65% kill rate, yet it’s like 50-85 percent. And that’s with a lot of people whining about swf and “genrushing” and DS and dead hard, etc, etc, etc. and people wonder why the killer with like an 82% kill rate got announced that he was getting a slight nerf soon lmfaoo

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798647#Comment_1798647

    Just wanted to clarify on that.It wasn't aimed at you.I only explained what real genrush is and that a lot of people don't really understand the term.

    And i would call it garbage matchmaking,if it puts you against players that are way more experienced than you.

    It's not about the experience I have been with high ranks it's the fact it's purposely done to ruin the gameplay for the Killers on any platform.

  • There is no such thing as "gen rushing". That's simply survivors doing their objective.

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798686#Comment_1798686

    You should not have to be a god survivor to win. You can give your excuses to me all you want but killers destroy solo players and swf destroy killers most of the time. I obviously know they aren’t the most OP thing ever but even behaviors stats show that killers are OP. The stats should be like 35%- 65% kill rate, yet it’s like 50-85 percent. And that’s with a lot of people whining about swf and “genrushing” and DS and dead hard, etc, etc, etc. and people wonder why the killer with like an 82% kill rate got announced that he was getting a slight nerf soon lmfaoo

    Excuses? What?....so me saying that I am experienced is now making excuses? Wow

    But no as I said for m playing numerous killers isn't an excuse it's called giving a example because that shows versatility to my gameplay.


    As Survivor I can surely say the killers aren't yet again OP especially with a GROUP.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    There is no such thing as "gen rushing". That's simply survivors doing their objective.

    It's as real as "OP Killers" and as I said in my post it's doing their "Objective" in a way that sabotages the killers gameplay sufficiently.

  • @Felnex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798683#Comment_1798683

    1. I did answer it, read my post again
    2. Seriously? Are you trolling me right now? For somebody who questions other people's ability to read, you're missing a lot. Once again you literally say in the title "is genrushing a problem" (and although you ask a question, you apparently already have an answer in mind and you go onto argue that point, so it's not just an innocent question, you're very biased. change the title to "I think genrushing is a problem" becuase that's what you feel obviously) Emphasis on the word PROBLEM. Problems are negative, not good: they're a negative judgment. To call the playstyle of survivors (IE genrushing means you're being optimal) a "problem" is a negative judgment on all survivor players. You really need to pay attention to what you're saying.

    just be honest.

    1. I don't see one but ok.


    2. "trolling"? If I wanted to troll you I would be purposely trying to fool or provoke you which I have done neither of the two whatsoever.

    Man you love making so many false assumptions never once mentioned "Reading" or "Comprehension" calm down and actually now comprehend.


    Firstly I'm asking the community as a whole where did I get an Answer? Where did I show any bias? You obviously don't know anything about me so making baseless assumptions is irrelevant


    Secondly it sounds like you the only one being negative by trying to be so aggro with someone you don't even know or have met until today so take a chill pill and respond with logic not emotions.


    Thirdly let's "Empathize" that I am not the only one who thinks it's a "problem" for Killer Mains or those who just casually play as Killers, it's not fun for us to wait for servers just to have it ended in 5 to 7 mins of the game as I also play Survivor and can surely say a Group of Survivors purposely doing it to ruin gameplay for killers is toxic and yes a Problem.


    Now before you reply back like I said chill out.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798713#Comment_1798713

    Excuses? What?....so me saying that I am experienced is now making excuses? Wow

    But no as I said for m playing numerous killers isn't an excuse it's called giving a example because that shows versatility to my gameplay.

    As Survivor I can surely say the killers aren't yet again OP especially with a GROUP.

    i meant I didn’t want to hear any excuses, because you’ll just be wasting your time. But anyway, this game is balanced off of solo queue or a group with no comms. Hence why the don’t have game chat, so of course it’s easy with a group using comms. But even then, you’ll still lose a lot. But That’s like saying “as a killer I can surely say the killers aren’t yet again OP especially with all my moris” or especially with all my one shot hatchets

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798742#Comment_1798742

    i meant I didn’t want to hear any excuses, because you’ll just be wasting your time. But anyway, this game is balanced off of solo queue or a group with no comms. Hence why the don’t have game chat, so of course it’s easy with a group using comms. But even then, you’ll still lose a lot. But That’s like saying “as a killer I can surely say the killers aren’t yet again OP especially with all my moris” or especially with all my one shot hatchets

    Whoops I meant “as a killer I can surely say the survivors** aren’t yet again OP especially with all my-“

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798742#Comment_1798742

    i meant I didn’t want to hear any excuses, because you’ll just be wasting your time. But anyway, this game is balanced off of solo queue or a group with no comms. Hence why the don’t have game chat, so of course it’s easy with a group using comms. But even then, you’ll still lose a lot. But That’s like saying “as a killer I can surely say the killers aren’t yet again OP especially with all my moris” or especially with all my one shot hatchets

    Never made an Excuse my guy if I wanted to make excuses I would be blaming the internet connection or overall the concept of Ranking which I haven't.


    Ok so now YOU are the one making excuses because of Comms and non-Comms come on man I've seen and have experienced as a Survivor making Killers rage quit just be looping and out maneuvering them with or without communication and if they were so OP the Devs would surely make changes to them all and surely by recent events aren't just "Favoring" survivors for having bigger chances against them. 🙄

  • @Dak said:

    vs. not doing gens?

    Do bones

  • Bones, Healing others, Helping others, or simply not being a toxic group of people who want to purposely sabotage the gameplay lol.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798737#Comment_1798737

    It's as real as "OP Killers" and as I said in my post it's doing their "Objective" in a way that sabotages the killers gameplay sufficiently.

    Its not as real as OP killers. You can make an argument for some killers being overly oppressive, like Freddy, based on all they can do in their base kit with no perks or add ons. Whereas with the whole idea of "gen rushing" its criticizing survivors for doing the one thing they are supposed to do in order to escape.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798744#Comment_1798744

    Its not as real as OP killers. You can make an argument for some killers being overly oppressive, like Freddy, based on all they can do in their base kit with no perks or add ons. Whereas with the whole idea of "gen rushing" its criticizing survivors for doing the one thing they are supposed to do in order to escape.

    It's the same concept why on why Survivors Criticize the concept of "Face Camping" or "Slugging" if it's part of their "Gameplay" and Objective to get Sacrifices? You see where I'm getting at here?


    If Gen Rushing (aka the Sabotaging of the Killers Gameplay) isn't seen as real then neither is the terms Slugging or Face Camping because it's part of the killers own "Sacrifice" methods.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798779#Comment_1798779

    It's the same concept why on why Survivors Criticize the concept of "Face Camping" or "Slugging" if it's part of their "Gameplay" and Objective to get Sacrifices? You see where I'm getting at here?

    If Gen Rushing (aka the Sabotaging of the Killers Gameplay) isn't seen as real then neither is the terms Slugging or Face Camping because it's part of the killers own "Sacrifice" methods.

    That's criticizing how a killer does their objective. Whereas there is only one way to do gens and that is to do them.

    I understand the frustration of gens popping fast, believe me I do. But I don't blame survivors as being gen rushers. They're just doing what they are supposed to do the only way you can do it. You get on a gen and you repair it.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798708#Comment_1798708

    1. I don't see one but ok.

    2. "trolling"? If I wanted to troll you I would be purposely trying to fool or provoke you which I have done neither of the two whatsoever.

    Man you love making so many false assumptions never once mentioned "Reading" or "Comprehension" calm down and actually now comprehend.

    Firstly I'm asking the community as a whole where did I get an Answer? Where did I show any bias? You obviously don't know anything about me so making baseless assumptions is irrelevant

    Secondly it sounds like you the only one being negative by trying to be so aggro with someone you don't even know or have met until today so take a chill pill and respond with logic not emotions.

    Thirdly let's "Empathize" that I am not the only one who thinks it's a "problem" for Killer Mains or those who just casually play as Killers, it's not fun for us to wait for servers just to have it ended in 5 to 7 mins of the game as I also play Survivor and can surely say a Group of Survivors purposely doing it to ruin gameplay for killers is toxic and yes a Problem.

    Now before you reply back like I said chill out.

    Please tell if honestly, are you having this conversation in good faith?

    "Firstly I'm asking the community as a whole where did I get an Answer?" Several people have answered you already, you argue with them (including me) so it's pretty obvious you're not looking for an answer. You're looking for people to validate what you believe.

    " never once mentioned "Reading" or "Comprehension" " but you said earlier "Nothing about that is the issue can you read that in my post?" and even in this post you are condescending and say "calm down and actually now comprehend." which is actually quite rude. Why are you assuming I'm not calm? Don't be rude.

    "Where did I show any bias?" The title of this thread is an open-ended question. But to ask an honest question, you have to not already have an answer. Judging by how you are debating with people, it is clear you already have an answer to your own question. If it was "just a question" you would be thanking people for their opinions rather than debating them.. Your bias is that you do think genrushers are a community problem, and the fact that you are hiding behind "it's just a question" is dishonest, because no, it's not just a question .you have an agenda.

    Also, "Where did I show any bias?" dude, you literally wrote "I am not the only one who thinks it's a "problem" " so I don't know what to tell you. It's like you have no short term memory, with how often you're forgetting what you wrote. Do you understand that you clearly have your own personal belief (AKA a bias) when it comes to answering this question now? You're very biased.

    "respond with logic not emotions." Where did I respond with emotions? Please don't insult me. I'm being very logical and I'm providing you with quotations so you can see where you're being dishonest/forgetting what you said.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798785#Comment_1798785

    That's criticizing how a killer does their objective. Whereas there is only one way to do gens and that is to do them.

    I understand the frustration of gens popping fast, believe me I do. But I don't blame survivors as being gen rushers. They're just doing what they are supposed to do the only way you can do it. You get on a gen and you repair it.

    Yes I know but having specific "builds" and "Groups" is what I am talking about.


    That's why I am using the terms Sabotage because it's stealing the W or adventure for killers I hate waiting 10 mins in a lobby for a ranking match just to get Omega Toxic Tryhards purposely going as groups or groups of two to go around do as many gens and when it's time they pop them off nearly instantly.


    It's not fun and I can experience for both sides to see a Killer DC because 3 gens were done in less than 3 seconds and then they have to worry about them just popping two more.

  • Gen rushing is a YOU problem.

    It means you're unwilling to change your own tactics.

    I don't mean this to be offensive. There are perks that can help, breaking chase to pressure gens, or using other speedy perks to keep up.

    Totems punish gen rushing, gen pressure prevents it, or speed up yourself to keep up.

    Every game I play, 3 gens pop quick, but then I snowball into avalanche mode and the last 2 never get done.

  • @keygun said:

    Gen rushing is a YOU problem.

    It means you're unwilling to change your own tactics.

    I don't mean this to be offensive. There are perks that can help, breaking chase to pressure gens, or using other speedy perks to keep up.

    Totems punish gen rushing, gen pressure prevents it, or speed up yourself to keep up.

    Every game I play, 3 gens pop quick, but then I snowball into avalanche mode and the last 2 never get done.

    I shouldn't have to change my entire build because people wanna sabotage the gameplay for killers.


    And it's a "Killer Vs Survivors" problem not just a "You" problem, and this is yet again coming from someone who has been in BOTH sides.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798801#Comment_1798801

    I shouldn't have to change my entire build because people wanna sabotage the gameplay for killers.

    And it's a "Killer Vs Survivors" problem not just a "You" problem, and this is yet again coming from someone who has been in BOTH sides.

    I shouldn't have to change.

    Well then you never get better.

  • For me "gen rushing" is just an effortless complain about survivors doing objectives effectively, the same thing with "tunneling".

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798806#Comment_1798806

    I shouldn't have to change.

    Well then you never get better.

    I been as effective with my build since I started and I gotten alot better than most who constantly have to change theirs.

  • @Avilgus said:

    For me "gen rushing" is just an effortless complain about survivors doing objectives effectively, the same thing with "tunneling".

    Just like with Face Camping/Slugging it's all part of the Killers Objective.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798793#Comment_1798793

    Yes I know but having specific "builds" and "Groups" is what I am talking about.

    That's why I am using the terms Sabotage because it's stealing the W or adventure for killers I hate waiting 10 mins in a lobby for a ranking match just to get Omega Toxic Tryhards purposely going as groups or groups of two to go around do as many gens and when it's time they pop them off nearly instantly.

    It's not fun and I can experience for both sides to see a Killer DC because 3 gens were done in less than 3 seconds and then they have to worry about them just popping two more.

    There are builds killers can do that make killing survivors quickly, too. I'm not sure what you mean by groups unless you mean swf. But unless its a toxic swf who are intentionally trying to annoy the killer, then there is nothing wrong with playing with your friends.

    Again I understand the frustration of fast popping gens. I play killer, too. In fact I main you, Mikey. I run perks that help slow down the gens popping too quickly like corrupt and pop. I also try to apply as much pressure as I can like when I pop a tier 3 I'll try and get at least two people down with it if possible. Then that's at least two people not doing gens, and possibly a third coming to get the slug off the floor.

    My point is I don't get annoyed at survivors if they come in with Prove Thyself, or tool boxes etc. I don't consider these things broken or unfair like keys and mori's. I certainly do not blame survivors for getting gens done because that is their purpose in order to escape. Its why I never subscribed to the whole "gen rush" label.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798811#Comment_1798811

    I been as effective with my build since I started and I gotten alot better than most who constantly have to change theirs.

    I just flat out believe gen rushing doesn't exist.

    Gen pressure is your objective, if gens get done, you're at fault.

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798818#Comment_1798818

    I just flat out believe gen rushing doesn't exist.

    Gen pressure is your objective, if gens get done, you're at fault.

    I just flat out believe Face Camping/Slugging doesn't exist.

    Killing is your objective, if a survivor get slugged or face camped, you're at fault.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798798#Comment_1798798

    There are builds killers can do that make killing survivors quickly, too. I'm not sure what you mean by groups unless you mean swf. But unless its a toxic swf who are intentionally trying to annoy the killer, then there is nothing wrong with playing with your friends.

    Again I understand the frustration of fast popping gens. I play killer, too. In fact I main you, Mikey. I run perks that help slow down the gens popping too quickly like corrupt and pop. I also try to apply as much pressure as I can like when I pop a tier 3 I'll try and get at least two people down with it if possible. Then that's at least two people not doing gens, and possibly a third coming to get the slug off the floor.

    My point is I don't get annoyed at survivors if they come in with Prove Thyself, or tool boxes etc. I don't consider these things broken or unfair like keys and mori's. I certainly do not blame survivors for getting gens done because that is their purpose in order to escape. Its why I never subscribed to the whole "gen rush" label.

    As I said....those "Purposely" so it should be a indication of me pointing out the toxicity side of survivor mainers.


    As I said I have no problems with survivors doing their Objectives but to ruin the gameplay for the killer is the problem lol I keep repeating this. (I use Thantophobia to slow their progression but the perk needs to be buff to be really pressuring against such things.)

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798824#Comment_1798824

    As I said....those "Purposely" so it should be a indication of me pointing out the toxicity side of survivor mainers.

    As I said I have no problems with survivors doing their Objectives but to ruin the gameplay for the killer is the problem lol I keep repeating this. (I use Thantophobia to slow their progression but the perk needs to be buff to be really pressuring against such things.)

    Toxicity implies a different argument altogether. Doing gens is not toxic. Teabagging, clicky clicking, noise spamming by vaulting or jumping in lockers etc. Basically anything that is aimed at annoying the killer rather than simply doing your objective is what I would consider toxic.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798826#Comment_1798826

    I just flat out believe Face Camping/Slugging doesn't exist.

    Killing is your objective, if a survivor get slugged or face camped, you're at fault.

    Exactly. Gen rushing is just the other side of tunnel camping.

    @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798824#Comment_1798824

    As I said....those "Purposely" so it should be a indication of me pointing out the toxicity side of survivor mainers.

    As I said I have no problems with survivors doing their Objectives but to ruin the gameplay for the killer is the problem lol I keep repeating this. (I use Thantophobia to slow their progression but the perk needs to be buff to be really pressuring against such things.)

    Thanata, takes skill and tactics to use.

    Just injuring 1 personal at a time does nothing, gotta hit multiple survivors.

    Try the new perk Oppression.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798832#Comment_1798832

    Toxicity implies a different argument altogether. Doing gens is not toxic. Teabagging, clicky clicking, noise spamming by vaulting or jumping in lockers etc. Basically anything that is aimed at annoying the killer rather than simply doing your objective is what I would consider toxic.

    Toxicity can come from Sabotaging the killers gameplay for a laugh.


    Teabagging and all that other stuff is people being cocky or idiotic.

  • @MichaelAMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798837#Comment_1798837

    Toxicity can come from Sabotaging the killers gameplay for a laugh.

    Teabagging and all that other stuff is people being cocky or idiotic.

    Give me an example of what you consider sabotaging a killer's gameplay for a laugh please.

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798829#Comment_1798829

    Exactly. Gen rushing is just the other side of tunnel camping.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798832#Comment_1798832

    Thanata, takes skill and tactics to use.

    Just injuring 1 personal at a time does nothing, gotta hit multiple survivors.

    Try the new perk Oppression.

    Gen Rushing=/=Tunnel Camping by all means.


    I know how to use Thantophobia I been using it since I got DbD on PS4 back in late 2017.

  • Survivors who potentially all equip their strongest toolboxes (in a SWF) are indeed problematic, at least in my opinion. Gens already go way too fast if people spread out properly.

    The general gen speed problem isn't really a community problem though. You want to be efficient if you play survivor and the only objectives are gens. I don't blame people for doing that. That's something that the Devs should look into. I still have hope that a proper rework will be coming in the future. That would justify the questionable Pop nerf.

‹ 1 2 3