I’m making this a thank you dbd and goodbye discussion

Hi, sorry for this blurb I’m bluekitt and I just signed up and came to the forums because I really liked this game💙 I watched it grow up on YouTube and decided to buy it and play it on PS4. *I think I’m devotion level 5 rn...?* I played this all through high school and I’m now getting my first job. But to see this game with so much potential leave it’s fanbase wanting and criticisms be met with excuses or no acknowledgment is just disheartening.... idk about you guys, but this doesn’t feel like dbd anymore! I don’t care about flashlight t-baggers, or bubba camping me for the 9999th time! I just want the game to live up to its potential and everyone to enjoy playing it. The cross play addition was a godsend, the characters are really interesting and the designs are beautiful! But being handed band-aids and staples to fix my favorite toy is unforgivable. I don’t know if anyone will even see this or care but this is my farewell message to you dbd community. I’m done being patient and complacent with what’s being handed to me. I’m honestly offended this is still titled a horror game when Halloween was just another way to get a few bucks... that was like giving me printer paper for Christmas. Why don’t the devs interact more with us? Why do they seem to not care? I’m sure they really do, most of them anyways. I’m sorry it came to this but this is just goodbye. I loved you dbd community in all your toxic love. Until we meet again, but for now I think I’m just going to play something else.... like civilization 5 or something like cote said.

-I originally wasn’t able to post this in the discord, I asked a staff member if it was ok before hand so I didn’t get banned but I was sent here.

Comments

  • Bye! You will be missed here! (Or not really, bc your literal first comment is saying good bye..)

  • If you really like the game like I do, you wouldn't mind all the problems it has.

    Yes sometimes it is buggy, yes sometimes the events are not as good as we wanted them to be, yes sometimes you get destroyed by others

    But the Devs are always trying to repair things and improve themselves, they give us things, and the only thing they get as a return is "Go ######### yourself" when we should say "Thank for creating one of the funniest game"

    And you know what? I'll never stop playing this game for the only reason that is it the only good multiplayer "horror" game I know

    And if any of you guys want to complain about the prices of the Skins, remember this, you AREN'T forced to pay, just keep playing with the basic skins. You'll see, you can save money this way


    And just to be clear, yes it is obvious the devs rushed the DLC to be released the 1st December, and I won't complain about that as well... Why? Because if they hadn't they would have delayed the Advent Calendar Event, which would have been really dumb.

    Conclusion : You complain because the DLC is rushed but get the event and wait for the hotfix

    The DLC is delayed but the event too and you complain as well

    You guys that keep trashtalking about this game (i'm not pointing you @bluekitt, i'm saying this to all the people concerned)

    You want to go? Fine, you won't be missed.

    And I hope the devs will read this, seeing that some people still think they are doing an amazing job

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    If you really like the game like I do, you wouldn't mind all the problems it has.

    Yes sometimes it is buggy, yes sometimes the events are not as good as we wanted them to be, yes sometimes you get destroyed by others

    But the Devs are always trying to repair things and improve themselves, they give us things, and the only thing they get as a return is "Go ######### yourself" when we should say "Thank for creating one of the funniest game"

    And you know what? I'll never stop playing this game for the only reason that is it the only good multiplayer "horror" game I know

    And if any of you guys want to complain about the prices of the Skins, remember this, you AREN'T forced to pay, just keep playing with the basic skins. You'll see, you can save money this way

    And just to be clear, yes it is obvious the devs rushed the DLC to be released the 1st December, and I won't complain about that as well... Why? Because if they hadn't they would have delayed the Advent Calendar Event, which would have been really dumb.

    Conclusion : You complain because the DLC is rushed but get the event and wait for the hotfix

    The DLC is delayed but the event too and you complain as well

    You guys that keep trashtalking about this game (i'm not pointing you @bluekitt, i'm saying this to all the people concerned)

    You want to go? Fine, you won't be missed.

    And I hope the devs will read this, seeing that some people still think they are doing an amazing job

    While I feel that people have been too critical of this chapter, you still have to hold the devs accountable. The fact that the patch launched with this many bugs is not ok, even people who did not spend money on this Chapter have had to endure its issues (three killers are currently majorly bugged, not including The Twins, who are a whole different story). You say that delaying the update would have delayed the advent calendar, but that's not true. The event is a bunch of sweater cosmetics, charms, and frosty eye heads for this year's original killers, I assure you delaying the chapter by one, even two weeks would not have delayed these rather small editions to the game. Telling people they won't be missed by the community just because their opinion differs from yours is unfair. If you truly loved this game, you would be willing to acknowledge that there are some problems, instead of dismissing them. This year has been hard for the devs, I won't deny that. Working from home has most definitely caused the development to change course in a few aspects, and I do think that the developers can do a good job (just look at The Blight, and all of the visual reworks for the maps), however we as a community need to look at both sides of the coin. I love this game, but some of the things that have been occurring as of late have me concerned about the game's future. Brushing aside the sheer amount of issues with this patch tells the devs that you're ok with this quality of a product, which will send them the wrong message. If they see that people are OK with things like this, who's to say the next major patch won't stretch the limit even further? I don't think the devs are intentionally trying to be malicious, but someone on the team thought this patch was ready to be released to live. You have the right to your own opinion, however I urge you to look at the other side, consider what people are saying. How would this game look to someone who started playing this game when the Chapter launched? They would play for a few hours, see all the bugs, and possibly quit. That isn't good for the longevity of the game, and based on how many people are getting fed up with the devs, new players are needed now more than ever.

  • @TheHitman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793021#Comment_1793021

    While I feel that people have been too critical of this chapter, you still have to hold the devs accountable. The fact that the patch launched with this many bugs is not ok, even people who did not spend money on this Chapter have had to endure its issues (three killers are currently majorly bugged, not including The Twins, who are a whole different story). You say that delaying the update would have delayed the advent calendar, but that's not true. The event is a bunch of sweater cosmetics, charms, and frosty eye heads for this year's original killers, I assure you delaying the chapter by one, even two weeks would not have delayed these rather small editions to the game. Telling people they won't be missed by the community just because their opinion differs from yours is unfair. If you truly loved this game, you would be willing to acknowledge that there are some problems, instead of dismissing them. This year has been hard for the devs, I won't deny that. Working from home has most definitely caused the development to change course in a few aspects, and I do think that the developers can do a good job (just look at The Blight, and all of the visual reworks for the maps), however we as a community need to look at both sides of the coin. I love this game, but some of the things that have been occurring as of late have me concerned about the game's future. Brushing aside the sheer amount of issues with this patch tells the devs that you're ok with this quality of a product, which will send them the wrong message. If they see that people are OK with things like this, who's to say the next major patch won't stretch the limit even further? I don't think the devs are intentionally trying to be malicious, but someone on the team thought this patch was ready to be released to live. You have the right to your own opinion, however I urge you to look at the other side, consider what people are saying. How would this game look to someone who started playing this game when the Chapter launched? They would play for a few hours, see all the bugs, and possibly quit. That isn't good for the longevity of the game, and based on how many people are getting fed up with the devs, new players are needed now more than ever.

    I agree with you, but here's my exemple about what I said.

    Do you remember when the first rift came out? It had to be delayed for one week, and so the Halloween Event too. Well yes, in that case, Halloween currencies where in the rift. But it doesn't change anything, they delayed everything. I won't say you are wrong but I won't say you are right as well. I'm pretty sure it's because of the Event otherwise I don't understand why they had to release the DLC the 1st of December.

    And to answer what you said next, no I don't say it is right doing that but what I say is that I know they will fix everything. And I'm upset about the community because they only look at the bad things

    (btw, they should really do like in Rainbow 6 siege and rework the code of their game sometimes x) )

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    If you really like the game like I do, you wouldn't mind all the problems it has.

    Yes sometimes it is buggy, yes sometimes the events are not as good as we wanted them to be, yes sometimes you get destroyed by others

    But the Devs are always trying to repair things and improve themselves, they give us things, and the only thing they get as a return is "Go ######### yourself" when we should say "Thank for creating one of the funniest game"

    And you know what? I'll never stop playing this game for the only reason that is it the only good multiplayer "horror" game I know

    And if any of you guys want to complain about the prices of the Skins, remember this, you AREN'T forced to pay, just keep playing with the basic skins. You'll see, you can save money this way

    And just to be clear, yes it is obvious the devs rushed the DLC to be released the 1st December, and I won't complain about that as well... Why? Because if they hadn't they would have delayed the Advent Calendar Event, which would have been really dumb.

    Conclusion : You complain because the DLC is rushed but get the event and wait for the hotfix

    The DLC is delayed but the event too and you complain as well

    You guys that keep trashtalking about this game (i'm not pointing you @bluekitt, i'm saying this to all the people concerned)

    You want to go? Fine, you won't be missed.

    And I hope the devs will read this, seeing that some people still think they are doing an amazing job

    Everything you said was dumb, I sincerely mean that. The advent calendar is a cheap and easy cop-out to incentivize their dwindling player base to keep logging in. You'll eat that ######### and thank them for it? Excuse yourself while the rest of us have the audacity to ask for a finished product.

  • @NeverBuyingTomes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793021#Comment_1793021

    Everything you said was dumb, I sincerely mean that. The advent calendar is a cheap and easy cop-out to incentivize their dwindling player base to keep logging in. You'll eat that ######### and thank them for it? Excuse yourself while the rest of us have the audacity to ask for a finished product.

    Not to mention the gatekeeping on the very first line...

    No true fan BS, mixed with some serious Stockholm syndrome... If you like something, just handwave off all it's issues, it's fine.

  • @NeverBuyingTomes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793021#Comment_1793021

    Everything you said was dumb, I sincerely mean that. The advent calendar is a cheap and easy cop-out to incentivize their dwindling player base to keep logging in. You'll eat that ######### and thank them for it? Excuse yourself while the rest of us have the audacity to ask for a finished product.

    The finished product is DBD and his 5 killers and 6 survivors for 5€

    Nobody forces you to play with the rest of the stuff or to buy them. You didn't bought DBD to play an event but to play the game.

    You are dumb, because you aren't trying to think, you want everything for free, but hey! You don't know what work mean... If you want you can try do to their job but you must be so braindead that you won't be able to do anything.

    And if you get tilted that much, do like the other guy and leave the game. Get a life, but stop poisoning others fun. Not Everyone needs a ######### firework and 50€ of ingame gift to be happy

  • @bluekitt said:

    Hi, sorry for this blurb I’m bluekitt and I just signed up and came to the forums because I really liked this game💙 I watched it grow up on YouTube and decided to buy it and play it on PS4. *I think I’m devotion level 5 rn...?* I played this all through high school and I’m now getting my first job. But to see this game with so much potential leave it’s fanbase wanting and criticisms be met with excuses or no acknowledgment is just disheartening.... idk about you guys, but this doesn’t feel like dbd anymore! I don’t care about flashlight t-baggers, or bubba camping me for the 9999th time! I just want the game to live up to its potential and everyone to enjoy playing it. The cross play addition was a godsend, the characters are really interesting and the designs are beautiful! But being handed band-aids and staples to fix my favorite toy is unforgivable. I don’t know if anyone will even see this or care but this is my farewell message to you dbd community. I’m done being patient and complacent with what’s being handed to me. I’m honestly offended this is still titled a horror game when Halloween was just another way to get a few bucks... that was like giving me printer paper for Christmas. Why don’t the devs interact more with us? Why do they seem to not care? I’m sure they really do, most of them anyways. I’m sorry it came to this but this is just goodbye. I loved you dbd community in all your toxic love. Until we meet again, but for now I think I’m just going to play something else.... like civilization 5 or something like cote said.

    -I originally wasn’t able to post this in the discord, I asked a staff member if it was ok before hand so I didn’t get banned but I was sent here.

    See ya next hotfix!!

  • Goodbye my fair lad/lass.

  • Again, people who legit quit the game, they do it silently without posting to forums.

    Possible bait, smurf account.

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793284#Comment_1793284

    The finished product is DBD and his 5 killers and 6 survivors for 5€

    Nobody forces you to play with the rest of the stuff or to buy them. You didn't bought DBD to play an event but to play the game.

    You are dumb, because you aren't trying to think, you want everything for free, but hey! You don't know what work mean... If you want you can try do to their job but you must be so braindead that you won't be able to do anything.

    And if you get tilted that much, do like the other guy and leave the game. Get a life, but stop poisoning others fun. Not Everyone needs a ######### firework and 50€ of ingame gift to be happy

    The product, A Binding of Kin, is not finished. Again, I don't think your dumb but you sure are spewing a bunch of dumb words. When there is an issue with any product in amy industry, the response is NOT to tell the consumer "well you weren't forced to buy it." What? What planet are you on? You are corporate greed's favorite kind of person.


    By the way, you can't insinuate that I can't think or don't know what work is when you simultaneously tell concerned players that they basically need to just give up and be quiet. Lol.

  • @NeverBuyingTomes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794240#Comment_1794240

    The product, A Binding of Kin, is not finished. Again, I don't think your dumb but you sure are spewing a bunch of dumb words. When there is an issue with any product in amy industry, the response is NOT to tell the consumer "well you weren't forced to buy it." What? What planet are you on? You are corporate greed's favorite kind of person.

    By the way, you can't insinuate that I can't think or don't know what work is when you simultaneously tell concerned players that they basically need to just give up and be quiet. Lol.

    Like you said the product "A binding of Kin" isn't finished

    Nobody forces you to buy it

  • Once again another account with 1 post saying that they're stopping playing the game.





    Ok, bye.

  • By stating that you're leaving the game and the community you're adhering to cause another playerbase drop, it might not be apparent but it's almost like you WANT people to leave. Another reason why some people don't play killer at all would be because survivors have the most annoying perks than most killers do, which is a totally different cause. This allows them to possible have a higher rank with survivor than they do for killer, prove me wrong if you want but who here has seen a high rank killer more than one time? I would really want to know answers for this.

    This graph shows a current change in numbers for the player base:

    https://imgur.com/CzfdmBt https://imgur.com/8AKYCmq

    This graph also shows that there's some really BAD ######### going around with this game's playerbase currently dropping and at an alarming rate as it keeps decaying in numbers. Very suspicious right? Gee I wonder what it is that devs are doing wrong!

    *QUICK EDIT*

    I've expanded the graph I'm showing more of it now, these look like good numbers rising as shown in the statistics above, these must be from when new killers were released or the majority who saw new content and like to spend on the cosmetics. I could be wrong because I started playing this game more as soon as the covid pandemic started, so feel free to correct me. Also this is based on steam's players, this may or may not have a correlation with console players as they may not be counted.

  • @Lefrongo said:

    By stating that you're leaving the game and the community you're adhering to cause another playerbase drop, it might not be apparent but it's almost like you WANT people to leave. Another reason why some people don't play killer at all would be because survivors have the most annoying perks than most killers do, which is a totally different cause. This allows them to possible have a higher rank with survivor than they do for killer, prove me wrong if you want but who here has seen a high rank killer more than one time? I would really want to know answers for this.

    This graph shows a current change in numbers for the player base:

    https://imgur.com/CzfdmBt

    This graph also shows that there's some really BAD ######### going around with this game's playerbase currently dropping and at an alarming rate as it keeps decaying in numbers. Very suspicious right? Gee I wonder what it is that devs are doing wrong!

    Why don't you show the entire game's history? Why only the last few months?

  • @Lefrongo said:

    By stating that you're leaving the game and the community you're adhering to cause another playerbase drop, it might not be apparent but it's almost like you WANT people to leave. Another reason why some people don't play killer at all would be because survivors have the most annoying perks than most killers do, which is a totally different cause. This allows them to possible have a higher rank with survivor than they do for killer, prove me wrong if you want but who here has seen a high rank killer more than one time? I would really want to know answers for this.

    This graph shows a current change in numbers for the player base:

    https://imgur.com/CzfdmBt

    This graph also shows that there's some really BAD ######### going around with this game's playerbase currently dropping and at an alarming rate as it keeps decaying in numbers. Very suspicious right? Gee I wonder what it is that devs are doing wrong!

    Careful. Posting negative things about the developers gets your posts deleted around here. The thing is that it seems to be a systemic lack of transparency and respect for the players that enable their products existence. I've only been here for a few weeks and I have already seen that much. I will probably reach out to Steam to see if it is too late to get a refund on the game altogether myself. If other people want to hand over their money to people who clearly don't care to put in the time and effort it makes to create a polished game, they can have at it. However, I believe that DBD has all the makings of a wonderful game with the unfortunate circumstance of being terribly mismanaged. From what I have seen, BHVR is tone-deaf to the feedback of the community and, apparently, instructs admins to shut down conversations and delete posts that are too critical of the developers.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795035#Comment_1795035

    Why don't you show the entire game's history? Why only the last few months?

    You're right I should, I will edit the post momentarily.

  • @Lefrongo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795039#Comment_1795039

    You're right I should, I will edit the post momentarily.

    Please do, and then note that peaks and valley are common around new DLC releases, yet the overall trend has been an increase in player count. Furthermore, note that there are players on multiple other platforms who aren't listed there.

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794572#Comment_1794572

    Like you said the product "A binding of Kin" isn't finished

    Nobody forces you to buy it

    It doesn't matter, get that argument out of your head because it doesn't work. The point is it was released unfinished and that is a huge problem. Who cares that I'm not forced to buy it. No one is arguing that they were forced to buy it. What is wrong with you?

  • @NeverBuyingTomes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794915#Comment_1794915

    It doesn't matter, get that argument out of your head because it doesn't work. The point is it was released unfinished and that is a huge problem. Who cares that I'm not forced to buy it. No one is arguing that they were forced to buy it. What is wrong with you?

    Whats wrong with me is that everyone keep complaining about DBD

    But I almost never see people being nice about the game, I use that argument because lots of people complain about the DLC

    You are the kind of guy who will never be satisfied !! I can say whatever I want about the devs, you will always find something to argue and say they are doing crap

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795295#Comment_1795295

    Whats wrong with me is that everyone keep complaining about DBD

    But I almost never see people being nice about the game, I use that argument because lots of people complain about the DLC

    You are the kind of guy who will never be satisfied !! I can say whatever I want about the devs, you will always find something to argue and say they are doing crap

    Again, you're incorrect. I'm quite easily satisfied especially in the gaming world. Just because I or any other player voice their concerns or frustrations with a 100%-no-argument-to-be-had MISTAKE from the studio doesn't mean that we hate BHVR or think every single employee is a fool. They clearly house talent or we wouldn't be here playing this game 4 years later. But why ignore the glaring issues, especially when they're still consistently happening this far into the game's life cycle? Imagine if Riot put out a League character whose primary ability didn't work even sometimes. The community would have a collective diarrhea episode. But it happens at BHVR (with premium content) and we're supposed to just bend over and buy more $15 cosmetics? I just don't get it.

  • @BudSmith0199 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210789/i-m-making-this-a-thank-you-dbd-and-goodbye-discussion

    Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't get banned for this because I have seen other people get banned for simply pointing out legitimate issues with the game. I didn't join the forums for the longest time for that reason but with the new killer out I figured I would try it out.

    Hopefully, sometime in the future things will be addressed to make the game better and you might find enjoyment in it again. ✌

    I have seen other people get banned for simply pointing out legitimate issues with the game.

    No, you haven't. Nobody has ever been banned for simply pointing out issues with the game. What you have seen is people being banned for breaking the forum's rules.

  • @BudSmith0199 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797153#Comment_1797153

    I haven't? Interesting, but you seem upset by my comment, so I'll just say this, I have seen people point game flaws whether it be game mechanics or toxic players then they have been banned, but my perspective of it is seeing that then what that person says happened. I don't know every single time what people have done but based on screenshots I have seen it is a little suspicious. I would hope it doesn't happen but there's nothing for me to believe otherwise. 🤷‍♂️

    That's because stuff that breaks the rules is deleted, so you don't see it. This is how it works on every forum and social media website.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    Again, people who legit quit the game, they do it silently without posting to forums.

    Possible bait, smurf account.

    Sometimes you want your voice to be heard. If you leave because of toxicity and bad design, why not get it off your chest before leaving? It feels good to say what you've been wanting to say before going. And goodbye, OP!! While I love this game, I understand that some people are having a rough time with it and aren't having as much fun, so I hope you enjoy the next games you play <3!

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    If you really like the game like I do, you wouldn't mind all the problems it has.

    Yes sometimes it is buggy, yes sometimes the events are not as good as we wanted them to be, yes sometimes you get destroyed by others

    But the Devs are always trying to repair things and improve themselves, they give us things, and the only thing they get as a return is "Go ######### yourself" when we should say "Thank for creating one of the funniest game"

    And you know what? I'll never stop playing this game for the only reason that is it the only good multiplayer "horror" game I know

    And if any of you guys want to complain about the prices of the Skins, remember this, you AREN'T forced to pay, just keep playing with the basic skins. You'll see, you can save money this way

    And just to be clear, yes it is obvious the devs rushed the DLC to be released the 1st December, and I won't complain about that as well... Why? Because if they hadn't they would have delayed the Advent Calendar Event, which would have been really dumb.

    Conclusion : You complain because the DLC is rushed but get the event and wait for the hotfix

    The DLC is delayed but the event too and you complain as well

    You guys that keep trashtalking about this game (i'm not pointing you @bluekitt, i'm saying this to all the people concerned)

    You want to go? Fine, you won't be missed.

    And I hope the devs will read this, seeing that some people still think they are doing an amazing job

    You're delusional lol

  • @BudSmith0199 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797196#Comment_1797196

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797196#Comment_1797196

    I'm not really sure why you're so upset over this. When I said I have seen screen shots of things it means just that, I've seen it, it doesn't mean I have not seen it.

    I'm sure you've probably seen some screenshots, but you definitely didn't see an honest representation of reality. What I'm not sure is why you keep trying to push this narrative that I'm "so upset over this". Is replying somehow an indication that I'm upset? If so, then I suppose you must be equally upset.

  • @BudSmith0199 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797243#Comment_1797243

    Hahaha, nah, I'm not upset I don't. I just think it's suspicious that you have a knee jerk reaction to what I said and you're so adamant to say it isn't so. Maybe you're right that it isn't a fair representation but at the same time the things I have seen from other people that have been banned, there is a very basic explanation of what they "did wrong". If you disagree with what I have said, that's fine. That's the great thing about a forum, open discussion.

    No knee-jerk reaction, just statements of fact. You, however, seem to want to shift the topic of conversation from what you said to how you perceive me to be. Very telling.

    I, too, have heard people who've been banned try to claim they were banned for "speaking truth to power" (read: insulting the devs/mods/etc.), or "telling it how it is" (same), or any other heavily whitewashed version of what they actually did. It's very easy to extrapolate exactly what someone did depending on the way they say it.

    And I don't "disagree" with what you said because this is a matter of objective truth. I just know you're wrong.

  • @BudSmith0199 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797267#Comment_1797267

    Okay, I mean you can pretend I'm wrong all you want but I think we both know the truth behind what I said. I didn't change any topic, I just made an observation of how you are acting.

    Insulting people definitely isn't speaking the truth but that's not what I was ever talking about. That's your assumption about it. Seeing as this conversation is going nowhere, I bid you farewell, hope you have a great day, and hope you'll see objective truth more realistically in the future.

    Farewell. I hope you will consider that the guy who's been here for over 17k posts might have a better understanding of the forum than you, because I guarantee that I do.

  • We’ll be here when you feel like you wanna return and do some DBDing again 🥳

    until then...

    🎄Have a🎄Happy 🎄Christmas🎄

  • @bluekitt said:

    Hi, sorry for this blurb I’m bluekitt and I just signed up and came to the forums because I really liked this game💙 I watched it grow up on YouTube and decided to buy it and play it on PS4. *I think I’m devotion level 5 rn...?* I played this all through high school and I’m now getting my first job. But to see this game with so much potential leave it’s fanbase wanting and criticisms be met with excuses or no acknowledgment is just disheartening.... idk about you guys, but this doesn’t feel like dbd anymore! I don’t care about flashlight t-baggers, or bubba camping me for the 9999th time! I just want the game to live up to its potential and everyone to enjoy playing it. The cross play addition was a godsend, the characters are really interesting and the designs are beautiful! But being handed band-aids and staples to fix my favorite toy is unforgivable. I don’t know if anyone will even see this or care but this is my farewell message to you dbd community. I’m done being patient and complacent with what’s being handed to me. I’m honestly offended this is still titled a horror game when Halloween was just another way to get a few bucks... that was like giving me printer paper for Christmas. Why don’t the devs interact more with us? Why do they seem to not care? I’m sure they really do, most of them anyways. I’m sorry it came to this but this is just goodbye. I loved you dbd community in all your toxic love. Until we meet again, but for now I think I’m just going to play something else.... like civilization 5 or something like cote said.

    -I originally wasn’t able to post this in the discord, I asked a staff member if it was ok before hand so I didn’t get banned but I was sent here.

    worse part, is that you are correct

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    If you really like the game like I do, you wouldn't mind all the problems it has.

    Yes sometimes it is buggy, yes sometimes the events are not as good as we wanted them to be, yes sometimes you get destroyed by others

    But the Devs are always trying to repair things and improve themselves, they give us things, and the only thing they get as a return is "Go ######### yourself" when we should say "Thank for creating one of the funniest game"

    And you know what? I'll never stop playing this game for the only reason that is it the only good multiplayer "horror" game I know

    And if any of you guys want to complain about the prices of the Skins, remember this, you AREN'T forced to pay, just keep playing with the basic skins. You'll see, you can save money this way

    And just to be clear, yes it is obvious the devs rushed the DLC to be released the 1st December, and I won't complain about that as well... Why? Because if they hadn't they would have delayed the Advent Calendar Event, which would have been really dumb.

    Conclusion : You complain because the DLC is rushed but get the event and wait for the hotfix

    The DLC is delayed but the event too and you complain as well

    You guys that keep trashtalking about this game (i'm not pointing you @bluekitt, i'm saying this to all the people concerned)

    You want to go? Fine, you won't be missed.

    And I hope the devs will read this, seeing that some people still think they are doing an amazing job

    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO Yeah, what a amazing job this last update was, jesus, u realize this kind of behavior, literally just pretending that the game is perfect, and that the ppl behind it cant do no wrong, is what is going to kill this game eventually, u ppl need to wake up

  • @TheHitman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793021#Comment_1793021

    While I feel that people have been too critical of this chapter, you still have to hold the devs accountable. The fact that the patch launched with this many bugs is not ok, even people who did not spend money on this Chapter have had to endure its issues (three killers are currently majorly bugged, not including The Twins, who are a whole different story). You say that delaying the update would have delayed the advent calendar, but that's not true. The event is a bunch of sweater cosmetics, charms, and frosty eye heads for this year's original killers, I assure you delaying the chapter by one, even two weeks would not have delayed these rather small editions to the game. Telling people they won't be missed by the community just because their opinion differs from yours is unfair. If you truly loved this game, you would be willing to acknowledge that there are some problems, instead of dismissing them. This year has been hard for the devs, I won't deny that. Working from home has most definitely caused the development to change course in a few aspects, and I do think that the developers can do a good job (just look at The Blight, and all of the visual reworks for the maps), however we as a community need to look at both sides of the coin. I love this game, but some of the things that have been occurring as of late have me concerned about the game's future. Brushing aside the sheer amount of issues with this patch tells the devs that you're ok with this quality of a product, which will send them the wrong message. If they see that people are OK with things like this, who's to say the next major patch won't stretch the limit even further? I don't think the devs are intentionally trying to be malicious, but someone on the team thought this patch was ready to be released to live. You have the right to your own opinion, however I urge you to look at the other side, consider what people are saying. How would this game look to someone who started playing this game when the Chapter launched? They would play for a few hours, see all the bugs, and possibly quit. That isn't good for the longevity of the game, and based on how many people are getting fed up with the devs, new players are needed now more than ever.

    is not just "many bugs" bunch of these bugs are actually game breaking, the game feels like a early beta test version rn, legion literally has no power for example

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794572#Comment_1794572

    Like you said the product "A binding of Kin" isn't finished

    Nobody forces you to buy it

    they not finishing perks or whatever is not even the bigger problem, even tho it is just ridiculous to expect someone to buy an unfinished product, but the game rn is just broken, there are waaayyyy to many bugs and glitches, game breaking ones, they knew about it, and decided to launch it anyway, either they knew it, or they didnt test this at all, wich i find hard to believe