Why did you ruin flashlights...

######### is this new angle? Once again bhvr ruined something that didnt need to be changed. There was ZERO reason to change flashlights and the way they work. Why did yous have to make them 20x harder to use?

Comments

  • @tj0108 said:

    ######### is this new angle? Once again bhvr ruined something that didnt need to be changed. There was ZERO reason to change flashlights and the way they work. Why did yous have to make them 20x harder to use?

    There is a theory that they keep changing the flashlight to stop survivors from getting good. So they make it inconistent. I actually like it but they need to fix the bug that makes the beam move like crazy.

  • The timing is the same but it doesn't look correct. The beam doesn't fully close like it normally does.

    I don't understand why they keep changing this.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    The timing is the same but it doesn't look correct. The beam doesn't fully close like it normally does.

    I don't understand why they keep changing this.

    i know it throws me off guard so much. i hate new flashlights with a passion.

  • Wait, they just changed it again with this new release!?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209911/why-did-you-ruin-flashlights

    There is a theory that they keep changing the flashlight to stop survivors from getting good. So they make it inconistent. I actually like it but they need to fix the bug that makes the beam move like crazy.

    The beam's slight deviation and moving during aiming it has been in the game since 2016 and is intended. There are add-ons to affect it, too. I don't mind the mechanic, but it feels like it's been left in the cupboard like the unwanted step child in several stories (much like how much of DbD's on-release design is also being abandoned).

  • @tj0108 said:

    ######### is this new angle? Once again bhvr ruined something that didnt need to be changed. There was ZERO reason to change flashlights and the way they work. Why did yous have to make them 20x harder to use?

    It's not even a new angle, because the beam ######### moves in a random and incredibly exaggarated manner.


    The devs need to stop changing it every patch and honestly revert the latest one.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786681#Comment_1786681

    The beam's slight deviation and moving during aiming it has been in the game since 2016 and is intended. There are add-ons to affect it, too. I don't mind the mechanic, but it feels like it's been left in the cupboard like the unwanted step child in several stories (much like how much of DbD's on-release design is also being abandoned).

    I already know the beam moves a bit during the beam. However it moves way too much now. Compare old footage to now. I heard the idle animation is playing during the beam.

  • @tj0108 said:

    ######### is this new angle? Once again bhvr ruined something that didnt need to be changed. There was ZERO reason to change flashlights and the way they work. Why did yous have to make them 20x harder to use?

    Holy #########, I thought I was just in a bad day or something lol.

    They actually ######### up the angle.

  • I've kind of tuned out from DbD for a while simply because it's gotten so unenjoyable for me compared to what originally I bought, but if what you say is accurate, I can only sigh.

    @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786697#Comment_1786697

    I already know the beam moves a bit during the beam. However it moves way too much now. Compare old footage to now. I heard the idle animation is playing during the beam.


  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    I've kind of tuned out from DbD for a while simply because it's gotten so unenjoyable for me compared to what originally I bought, but if what you say is accurate, I can only sigh.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786718#Comment_1786718

    Oh I dont even blame you but if you play and just hold the flashlight on you will see how bad it is. It just sways and makes aiming hard.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209911/why-did-you-ruin-flashlights

    There is a theory that they keep changing the flashlight to stop survivors from getting good. So they make it inconistent. I actually like it but they need to fix the bug that makes the beam move like crazy.

    I don't like it. New players will adjust whereas new players who are trying to learn won't understand what's happening.

    Why not let the community know what your doing.

  • Just tried it...

    Wow the new angle was bad enough but to remove the indicator that you got the blind is so stupid( like the beam expanding outwards).

    At least the model looks better... idk

  • image.png

    what kind of monkey animation is this

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209911/why-did-you-ruin-flashlights

    It's not even a new angle, because the beam ######### moves in a random and incredibly exaggarated manner.

    The devs need to stop changing it every patch and honestly revert the latest one.

    Like I said before it's a theory they are doing it to keep survivors from being good. If they change it one more time I'm gonna believe it.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786681#Comment_1786681

    I don't like it. New players will adjust whereas new players who are trying to learn won't understand what's happening.

    Why not let the community know what your doing.

    They never do. Although I actually like it they just need it to stop moving every two seconds.

  • @tj0108 said:

    ######### is this new angle? Once again bhvr ruined something that didnt need to be changed. There was ZERO reason to change flashlights and the way they work. Why did yous have to make them 20x harder to use?

    Welcome to the world of nerfs, where killers and their perks are nerfed every patch. Nerfs are usually unique to killers, but this time they've slightly nerfed a survivor item.

    Not a perk, just an item, and the flashlight still functions easily for removing traps or blinding killers at pallets.

    Now that youve experienced a nerf in your very short play experience, and you realize you do not like it, will you still make weekly posts begging for more killer nerfs?

  • I personally like how its easier to see, you only notice the deviation/wiggle because you can see it more clearly now.

  • @Unseen_Force said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209911/why-did-you-ruin-flashlights

    Welcome to the world of nerfs, where killers and their perks are nerfed every patch. Nerfs are usually unique to killers, but this time they've slightly nerfed a survivor item.

    Not a perk, just an item, and the flashlight still functions easily for removing traps or blinding killers at pallets.

    Now that youve experienced a nerf in your very short play experience, and you realize you do not like it, will you still make weekly posts begging for more killer nerfs?

    So you are trying to tell me from 2016-2020 there were hardly any survivor nerfs. Yeah ######### out of here. Everything survivors have, have been nerfed and are a shell of their old self. Like insta blinds. Based off of what you said you most likely have not experienced those because you maybe joined between late 2018 or 2019. Am I right?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786809#Comment_1786809

    They never do. Although I actually like it they just need it to stop moving every two seconds.

    People want to support the devs but when they do ######### like this without saying anything it just pisses people off.

    Watched ScottJund talking last night about the devs. You can see the genuine frustration on him. There's only so much people can defend them.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786710#Comment_1786710

    Like I said before it's a theory they are doing it to keep survivors from being good. If they change it one more time I'm gonna believe it.

    I agree, tbh. Don't get me wrong, my first flashlight attempt on the new update I successfully got the save, but honestly, it's not consistent anymore.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787290#Comment_1787290

    People want to support the devs but when they do ######### like this without saying anything it just pisses people off.

    Watched ScottJund talking last night about the devs. You can see the genuine frustration on him. There's only so much people can defend them.

    That's why I dont play this game as much. The devs can only get so much support til they get punished by their ######### decisions.

    Crazy to see Scott be angry at the devs but they had it coming.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787287#Comment_1787287

    I agree, tbh. Don't get me wrong, my first flashlight attempt on the new update I successfully got the save, but honestly, it's not consistent anymore.

    Yeah I cant even hit saves its moving to much and the beam wont stay in one place consistently. I'm actually starting to believe the theory.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787893#Comment_1787893

    That's why I dont play this game as much. The devs can only get so much support til they get punished by their ######### decisions.

    Crazy to see Scott be angry at the devs but they had it coming.

    Unfortunately it doesn't matter what he says.

    They need to all come together and complain about these things.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787300#Comment_1787300

    So you are trying to tell me from 2016-2020 there were hardly any survivor nerfs. Yeah ######### out of here. Everything survivors have, have been nerfed and are a shell of their old self. Like insta blinds. Based off of what you said you most likely have not experienced those because you maybe joined between late 2018 or 2019. Am I right?

    Are you really complaining that you want insta blind flashlights back? Lmfao

    And are you also saying survivors havent had significant nerfs since 2018? Lollll

  • @Unseen_Force said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787720#Comment_1787720

    Are you really complaining that you want insta blind flashlights back? Lmfao

    Are you ignoring what im saying on purpose? You said survivors hardly recieved nerfs I give an example an for some reason you take that as me wanting an objectively op thing back alright. You have to be trolling.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787300#Comment_1787300

    So you are trying to tell me from 2016-2020 there were hardly any survivor nerfs. Yeah ######### out of here. Everything survivors have, have been nerfed and are a shell of their old self. Like insta blinds. Based off of what you said you most likely have not experienced those because you maybe joined between late 2018 or 2019. Am I right?

    This is a fact. @Unseen_Force, you are flat out wrong on this one.

  • So youre saying survivors havent received a significant nerf since late 2018? Sounds about right lol

  • @Unseen_Force said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788793#Comment_1788793

    So youre saying survivors havent received a significant nerf since late 2018? Sounds about right lol

    I mean survivors dont need any significant nerfs currently. Also maps were reworked which are typically nerfs. Infinites mostly fixed are nerfs. Dont mention breakable walls once they are gone the loop is absurdly unsafe.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788810#Comment_1788810

    I mean survivors dont need any significant nerfs currently. Also maps were reworked which are typically nerfs. Infinites mostly fixed are nerfs. Dont mention breakable walls once they are gone the loop is absurdly unsafe.

    Why do you use things like insta blind flashlights and infinites as examples? If anything those were removed for the overall health of the game and can hardly be called nerfs.

    I guess I can see why players that havent had a significant nerf since late 2018 would struggle to deal with a slight item nerf though

  • @Unseen_Force said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788934#Comment_1788934

    Why do you use things like insta blind flashlights and infinites as examples? If anything those were removed for the overall health of the game and can hardly be called nerfs.

    I guess I can see why players that havent had a significant nerf since late 2018 would struggle to deal with a slight item nerf though

    Even if it was a good nerf th ssd t does not make it a nerf. You cant pick and choose what counts as a nerf and what doesnt. Flashlights are significantly weaker now that insta blinds were removed. The best use is locker saves.

    Once again there is no need for significant nerfs therefore they arent gonna do them. Cut the us vs them killer bias stuff it's pretty cringe.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1789199#Comment_1789199

    Even if it was a good nerf th ssd t does not make it a nerf. You cant pick and choose what counts as a nerf and what doesnt. Flashlights are significantly weaker now that insta blinds were removed. The best use is locker saves.

    Once again there is no need for significant nerfs therefore they arent gonna do them. Cut the us vs them killer bias stuff it's pretty cringe.

    Where did I ask for a significant nerf? Im just saying complaining about a slight nerf to an item like a flashlight is very silly, but it makes sense that people who dont really have to deal with nerfs would complain about it

  • Blah blah blah hate hate hate.


    If you're old school at any game sooner or later they are gonna change things you don't like. The more you play the more there is a chance you won't like it.


    I only started on PS4 last month and while still in the learning of using a flashlight I'm having about 65% success rate.

    Ironically while looking for advanced tips and just below this link on Google was another person in May 2020 saying flashlights need to be nerfed so it's a matter of preference and factors like controller/mouse & survivior/killer possibly come into it.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    The timing is the same but it doesn't look correct. The beam doesn't fully close like it normally does.

    I don't understand why they keep changing this.

    They keep changing things according to the wishes of these "fog whisperer" hacks.