So who is in charge at BHVR?

Is it the devs making uhh "certain questionable" changes to the game or is it Cote, the game director? What is going on with the management over there? There are so many major issues with the game that are just ignored for the most part.

All of the big ones such as:

  • Map design
  • Unfair or unbalanced perks
  • Hit registration (although the hit validation beta shows that they are maybe working on it I guess?)
  • Weak or outdated killers (Wraith, Pig, Myers)
  • Poor communication with the community
  • Graphical optimization
  • *Other major issues (feel free to comment so that I can add them up here)

I am trying to stay as civil as possible here, but I want to know why a company with 600+ employees working on a single game has not fixed core issues of Dead by Daylight and has continued to ignore them for years. (I'm not going to mention DbD mobile since they market it as a completely different game)

Just a little comparison as to how big a 600+ employee company is, the development team for God of War 4 only consisted of 300 people at the time of making it. Now yes, they had quite a bit of time to work on God of War and it was a MASSIVE game, but BHVR over the years has only implemented mere "band-aid" fixes to core issues. I feel like a company with 600+ people should get a lot more done than giving us an incomplete chapter.

A prime example of a "band aid-fix" would be the existence of the bloodlust mechanic. I feel like I don't need to go over this one.

So what are we left with? A company that is twice as big as Santa Monica Studio was but does half the quality of work?

Also the events, are they even events to begin with? The answer would be no, they aren't. Just look at the one we just had for Halloween. Remember what happened? It was just a money grab and by the time they allowed us to get the cosmetics easier it was too late because most people had spent their money. And now look, we are given an unfinished chapter that will probably bring in many bugs and glitches (I bet it already has).

The reason why you don't see different killers at high ranks often is because most of them are weak and people like killers who aren't weak due to them being...you know... fun and effective. At least most people do, I know there are some people who like the weaker killers and I am not judging them in any way.

So what is going on with BHVR? Dead by Daylight has so many core problems that if they were fixed, would bring in a huge amount of players. It is already the 15th most played game on steam right now. It could definitely be in the top ten. But not with whoever is in charge at BHVR. And definitely not by ignoring the major issues with the game.

Then BHVR has the audacity to say "We hope you will nominate us for the labor of love award" like are you fricking kidding me?

Comments

  • @Wolfninja989 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1789821#Comment_1789821

    I mean the devs will ban you for mentioning a certain coconut because he calls them out in the hopes that they will one day prove him wrong and advocates that fans like us just stop spending money on the game so the devs can realize what they've been doing isn't good for the game.

    Who is he? I would like to hear what he has to say.

  • I am not sure if saying his name will get us banned, but look up C0C0nut dbd. He has videos criticizing BHVR that are very good. He brings up a lot of good points as well. I suggest watching his latest videos about this chapter.

  • 600 employees are not working on this game.

    BHVR has other games they work on... for example: there's a GOT mobile that has their name on it...


    To add: a company is more than just devs... there's HR, finance, marketing etc etc...

  • @nerdguy5 said:

    • Map design
    • Unfair or unbalanced perks 
    • Weak or outdated killers (Wraith, Pig, Myers)
    • Graphical optimization

    ☝️these are all personal concerns for you. Not everyone feels this way... It’s not logical or profitable (remember game devs are making games for free) to just try and cater to every single persons concerns. If these truly where huge concerns, enough that threatened the livelihood of the game, they would address them...

    Can you explain this bit: " (remember game devs are making games for free)"

    Very confused by this because, from how I take it, its blatantly incorrect.

  • @Jesya said:

    600 employees are not working on this game.

    BHVR has other games they work on... for example: there's a GOT mobile that has their name on it...

    To add: a company is more than just devs... there's HR, finance, marketing etc etc...

    You have a fair point, I did not exactly do a lengthy research session. I also don't really know much of how BHVR does things. What I do know is that the devs completely disregard, ignore, and censor critical feedback (among other things). Just look at coconut. I know for sure BHVR has embarrassed themselves as a functioning company with this chapter.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792090#Comment_1792090

    You have a fair point, I did not exactly do a lengthy research session. I also don't really know much of how BHVR does things. What I do know is that the devs completely disregard, ignore, and censor critical feedback (among other things). Just look at coconut. I know for sure BHVR has embarrassed themselves as a functioning company with this chapter.

    I am not disagreeing with you, in fact I think you are 100% right .... just pointing out that it's not 600 people working solely on this game :)

  • As a consumer that doesn't care about the details of development of dbd all I can simply say is "game sucks, don't recommend"

  • I agree. Personally I think this game has enough killers right now and more than enough perks for survivors to work with that instead of working on new characters, they need to take a pause and start balancing what they have and that includes maps.

    In the meantime, they can keep working on new outfits and hold more DB events to keep players playing.

    The events are spread too far apart. In fact, they should be holding at the very least a double blood point weekend every month. DB events always attract more killers and cut down significantly on queue times for survivors which are very long. It also helps newer players build their blood webs up and we need newer players.

    I view the rift as their Battle Pass and there's not enough there to even care. They are giving away shards for Christmas when those types of things should be in the rift and bloodpoints as well. The killer trinkets are cool for the hooks, but the survivor trinkets are useless.

    I've been playing for almost 4 years and have bounced around from Xbox to PC to Playstation and have spent money on this game I still love playing so it's disheartening to see this game go to places that don't make any sense or leave any room for real growth.

  • Yea, but you have more killers here FYI.

  • And how do you know this?

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792080#Comment_1792080

    I am not sure if saying his name will get us banned, but look up C0C0nut dbd. He has videos criticizing BHVR that are very good. He brings up a lot of good points as well. I suggest watching his latest videos about this chapter.

    I’m sorry but I’m trying not to be mean but there’s a reason this person was banned this person was a narcissistic bad person he was bad cause he never brought up good points he would just harass and insult the devs while being the most biased killer main on earth literally if you watch one of its videos they never mention the survivor side you can tell this person does not care about balance he just wants killer to be press a button to win instantly. Even though this update was terrible I’m happy they don’t listen to him cause this game would have Ben even worse.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792087#Comment_1792087

    I’m sorry but I’m trying not to be mean but there’s a reason this person was banned this person was a narcissistic bad person he was bad cause he never brought up good points he would just harass and insult the devs while being the most biased killer main on earth literally if you watch one of its videos they never mention the survivor side you can tell this person does not care about balance he just wants killer to be press a button to win instantly. Even though this update was terrible I’m happy they don’t listen to him cause this game would have Ben even worse.

    you forgot the /s

  • @MikaKim said:

    Whose in charge?

    Killer mains and their whining on the forums.

    Gtfo of here

  • I feel like a lot of you yell at floor employees for corporate decisions...

  • Lol, its kinda obvious.

    Posts, relative to upvotes, relative to game changes.

    The only significant positive survivor posts you get here is from new survivors who everyone laughs at. Survivor mains don't bother posting here anymore, there's no point.

    Occasionally I'll post, but even then its just to laugh at the killers in their bubble. They don't like it when you point out the trajectory of the game. You literally see their brain implode, because that can't deal with the fact that killer is easier and survivor is now harder since release.

  • @HorizonToDawn said:

    At this point, I would say this game revolves around the FOMO tactic, especially after the rift was introduced.

    Cash grab here and cash grab there. And here we are again with this "event" and you know what so bad about it? The login rewards.

    Login rewards are primary subject to any and all mobile games and most free to play games on console or pc, yet Dead by daylight is not free, so what is the reason for doing login rewards? Especially doing this for a whole month?

    My only guess is they are trying to artificially inflate their playercount on steam or any other websites that keeps up to date with player count, to make their game seem like its popular and good.

    I mean, we saw what happened with the Halloween "event". Dead by daylight had its most biggest player drop that month and ever since then, they been doing this login reward thing.

    Remember, you don't have to play for more then 10 mins to be counted as an active player for a game, you could just get on for 10 seconds and steam or any other playercount website will count you as an "active player" and that is most likely what a huge amount of playerbase are doing right now each day with this month for this game.

    They wait for the next day, open dead by daylight, get the login reward, close the game and that artificially inflates the player count.

    That is kind of disappointing to hear.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    I feel like a lot of you yell at floor employees for corporate decisions...

    I feel the same way, I hope that I am at least being critical towards the right people as well. I am pretty sure I am, but none of us are an employee at BHVR so :\

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1798720#Comment_1798720

    Lol, its kinda obvious.

    Posts, relative to upvotes, relative to game changes.

    The only significant positive survivor posts you get here is from new survivors who everyone laughs at. Survivor mains don't bother posting here anymore, there's no point.

    Occasionally I'll post, but even then its just to laugh at the killers in their bubble. They don't like it when you point out the trajectory of the game. You literally see their brain implode, because that can't deal with the fact that killer is easier and survivor is now harder since release.

    Survivor mains don't post here anymore? I doubt that.

    Are you saying that killer is easier than from release, or that killer is easier than survivor now?

1 2 ›