Badham should not have 5 separate maps

No map should have 5 variations of itself, it's just too much. Not to mention that it's a pretty boring map and most of the changes aren't all that great. I would rather it just be one map and then make it so that 1/5 variations is chosen for the map.

Comments

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    No map should have 5 variations of itself, it's just too much. Not to mention that it's a pretty boring map and most of the changes aren't all that great. I would rather it just be one map and then make it so that 1/5 variations is chosen for the map.

    Honestly, I agree. I've always been of the mindset that map priority is stupid and it should sort through realms first, and then if the chosen realm has variations, pick one of those.

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209031/badham-should-not-have-5-separate-maps

    Honestly, I agree. I've always been of the mindset that map priority is stupid and it should sort through realms first, and then if the chosen realm has variations, pick one of those.

    That's literally how it currently works. A realm is chosen, and only then a map from that realm is selected.

    The fact that the map has 5 variations does not change the frequency of it appearing. You have the same chance of going to a Badham Preschool map as going to the Dead Dawg Salloon.

  • I wholeheartedly agree, and I've said this ever since the map got reworked. It doesn't matter that the layouts are a little different, it feels very repetitive to get multiple Badham maps in a row. Like DbD doesn't feel repetitive enough sometimes. I mean, it kinda sucks to get different maps from the same realm multiple times in a row because they feel so same-y, but Badham takes that to the next level.

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209031/badham-should-not-have-5-separate-maps

    Honestly, I agree. I've always been of the mindset that map priority is stupid and it should sort through realms first, and then if the chosen realm has variations, pick one of those.

    ...That's exactly how it works. If no map offerings are used, every realm has the same chance of being selected. The game picks a random realm, and then a random map within that realm. Priority is only assigned to realms that have recently been released/updated, and only for a few days after the patch that released them. If you got Badham 8 times yesterday (as an example), you just got unlucky.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779063#Comment_1779063

    ...That's exactly how it works. If no map offerings are used, every realm has the same chance of being selected. The game picks a random realm, and then a random map within that realm. Priority is only assigned to realms that have recently been released/updated, and only for a few days after the patch that released them. If you got Badham 8 times yesterday (as an example), you just got unlucky.

    @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779063#Comment_1779063

    That's literally how it currently works. A realm is chosen, and only then a map from that realm is selected.

    The fact that the map has 5 variations does not change the frequency of it appearing. You have the same chance of going to a Badham Preschool map as going to the Dead Dawg Salloon.

    So they changed it from how it was a few years ago? I never heard about this. If it works like how you say it is, then I've zero issue.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I wholeheartedly agree, and I've said this ever since the map got reworked. It doesn't matter that the layouts are a little different, it feels very repetitive to get multiple Badham maps in a row. Like DbD doesn't feel repetitive enough sometimes. I mean, it kinda sucks to get different maps from the same realm multiple times in a row because they feel so same-y, but Badham takes that to the next level.

    Agree, I personally don't mind going to certain realms because at least each map in the realms are different. Badham just lacks all of that.