Please stop wasting pallets.

I understand that players are new and mmr is broken, but you'll never learn how to loop by just crouching by a pallet and waiting for the killer to walk into your trap.

I don't even understand how dbd expects newbies to learn this other than searching for survivor tips online or seeing somebody loop the killer in game.

There really needs to be a better tutorial.

Comments

  • But where will I get my breakfast if there are no dropped pallets

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    But where will I get my breakfast if there are no dropped pallets

    Thank you.

    By a survivor dropping pallet without even looping, he's basically working FOR the killer.

  • It's a very difficult thing to learn how to loop efficiently. It does become problematic if people stand at them and wait but what can you do? some challenges require dropped pallets in a chase, some people aren't confident in their looping skills/don't know what it is, or they're just wasting the pallets. either way it's hard to tell.

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771485#Comment_1771485

    Thank you.

    By a survivor dropping pallet without even looping, he's basically working FOR the killer.

    Though predropping unsafe pallets can get you a bit of distance

  • @Eleghost said:

    It's a very difficult thing to learn how to loop efficiently. It does become problematic if people stand at them and wait but what can you do? some challenges require dropped pallets in a chase, some people aren't confident in their looping skills/don't know what it is, or they're just wasting the pallets. either way it's hard to tell.

    But a looping tutorial could at least point out how problematic that is.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771488#Comment_1771488

    Though predropping unsafe pallets can get you a bit of distance

    Unsafe pallets, you can drop em, in a pot, make a nice stew. Delicious.

    But yeah, unsafe pallets I couldn't care less about.

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771492#Comment_1771492

    Unsafe pallets, you can drop em, in a pot, make a nice stew. Delicious.

    But yeah, unsafe pallets I couldn't care less about.

    The amount of games I've had where a survivor predrops shack pallet early on is shocking

  • Doing what you said in Ormond actually makes you win the game, because of how broken that map is lol.

  • No waste all the pallets. Freddy loves you for it and will let you live. I promise!

  • You have no idea the pain I feel when I'm looping a killer then outta nowhere here comes Nea who thinks she can do better, just to throw the pallet early to get a stun and T-Bag.

    But as a Killer? Now thank you. My Pallet Kicking God Wraith build thanks you for this mild inconvenience.

  • @Eleghost said:

    It's a very difficult thing to learn how to loop efficiently. It does become problematic if people stand at them and wait but what can you do? some challenges require dropped pallets in a chase, some people aren't confident in their looping skills/don't know what it is, or they're just wasting the pallets. either way it's hard to tell.

    Been working on looping killers efficiently to eventually get slugged and tunneled or camped on the hooked for pissing off the killer with embarrassing jukes. How can I learn even better looping to avoid being caught at all? Still exploring a decent build to become a beast at it any suggestions

  • Rift challenges have players use/waste pallets more than usual, especially the drop x pallets in a chase.

  • you need:

    @Kind_Lemon said:

    Counter suggestion:

    Chase resources are no longer given for free to survivors (except vault locations). All pallets must be untethered (from the obstacle they are leaning against) before they can be used, so survivors must be extra careful at the start of matches to not get caught out too early. Additionally, this prevents some survivors from wasting all the pallets in one area if the survivor hadn't already put in the work to prepare the pallets for use.

    Endgame collapse only starts after both exit gates have been opened. When one exit gate is opened, an invisible timer for 3 minutes is started, and this timer halts at 1 minute if the other exit gate hasn't yet been opened. Once both exit gates are opened at any point during the timer, the timer at the top then becomes visible 30 seconds after that with the remaining time. No ground visuals occur until the timer appears (30 seconds after the second exit gate is opened). Exit gates will enter a closing animation at 15 seconds left, and any survivors in the exit gate zone at that point will enter into the escape animation instantly.

    (the first part)

  • @rhynowarrior72 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771489#Comment_1771489

    Been working on looping killers efficiently to eventually get slugged and tunneled or camped on the hooked for pissing off the killer with embarrassing jukes. How can I learn even better looping to avoid being caught at all? Still exploring a decent build to become a beast at it any suggestions

    My advice is strange: go into every game expecting to lose while trying your best.

    If you lose, at least you tried, when you win it's a nice surprise!

  • is this an open letter to bill and kate mains?

  • @thisisntmax said:

    is this an open letter to bill and kate mains?

    I don't understand.

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1773219#Comment_1773219

    My advice is strange: go into every game expecting to lose while trying your best.

    If you lose, at least you tried, when you win it's a nice surprise!

    I think that is great advice, that has been my expectations so far to get better at looping killers efficiently

  • @thisisntmax said:

    is this an open letter to bill and kate mains?

    What are you saying exactly?

  • We all know about Meg heads right?

    Well, BIll and Kate mains are just a slight step up the totem pole.

  • How else do I counter Nemesis?

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771511#Comment_1771511

    The amount of games I've had where a survivor predrops shack pallet early on is shocking

    I mean, there's no in-game way to learn why this is bad. The only reason I learned about wasting a pallet or how good the shack pallet is, is because I went out of my way to watch youtube videos on survivor tips. Not sure you can expect the average person to go out of their way like that. I didn't understand wasting pallets for a very long time. I thought most times if I threw it and didn't get hit, I was wasting that much more of the killer's time, and it was for the best.

    I keep hearing people talk like people are selfishly wasting them on purpose. I don't think anyone really knows they're wasting pallets. They're panicking and throwing them because that's all they know how to do.

  • @keygun said:

    I understand that players are new and mmr is broken, but you'll never learn how to loop by just crouching by a pallet and waiting for the killer to walk into your trap.

    I don't even understand how dbd expects newbies to learn this other than searching for survivor tips online or seeing somebody loop the killer in game.

    There really needs to be a better tutorial.

    I had a Nancy (why is it always a Nancy) drop the god pallet 20 seconds into a match yesterday. The Meg across from us just stopped and we shared a frozen cold glance, she shook her head, I shook mine back, she DCed.

  • @Lyfe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1773882#Comment_1773882

    We all know about Meg heads right?

    Well, BIll and Kate mains are just a slight step up the totem pole.

    Honestly from my experience Kates are on the same level as Meg and Nancy players. I swear almost all of them are either drunk or playing with a Wii remote or something.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1774097#Comment_1774097

    Honestly from my experience Kates are on the same level as Meg and Nancy players. I swear almost all of them are either drunk or playing with a Wii remote or something.

    Oh Kates and Nancys have overtaken Meg for "braindead" tier.

  • I agree, it's so frustrating having random teammates that waste all the pallets. The other day I went against a Legion, and of course when you're in the deep wound effect, your timer only goes down if you're stood still, and a Claudette on my team was just camping all the pallets and I could tell she was because her timer would start going down when she was camping the pallet. I took the killer from her before she threw all the pallets down.

  • signed Shelter Woods Ltd, Red Forest Llc

  • My heart goes on with the pallets. Equiped ANM+Lithe+ Dance Mith Me so I could dumb tech and come to reset them later and complete the challenge.

  • You can’t tell me what to do! You are not even my real Mom!


    seriously though, don’t take this game too serious. Those survs are still learning, don’t be the guy(or gal) that sandbags them for a small mistake and tell them to uninstall the game. That behavior is WAY more problematic.