Who Is Better Bubba or Billy?

This seems like a controversial question but I genuinely want to see what people think. Here's a bit of backstory as to why this is an interesting discussion for me.

Before Bubbas rework he was my main. I would kill teams quite easily and I considered him A tier even when others said he was useless. I didn't want him reworked and I didn't like the idea of playing him after it.

Recently got back into playing Bubba for the first time since his rework. I'm really enjoying him again and I believe he may actually be High A tier now.

I always seen Billy as better than Bubba. I've recently played both and I think there's been a big shift in power as to who is the best chainsaw killer.

But what does everyone else think? Please base this off your own experiences playing against any good Billy's/Bubba's since their rework.

Comments

  • Bubba is strong but Hillbilly is still better due to his mobility

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Mountain man was my second main (after legion got reworked) but sadly he got the behaviour treatment. And without a surprise fake chainsaws still exist.

    Now gameplay wise I think that bubba is better at loops now. Mountain man was always able to be looped by expert survivors who knew very well about every loop and didn't fall for feathers or tricks like that. Bubba goes full force instead of looping. I've seen him load 3 charges into a sprint burst and still down. That should be enough to tell that bubba is better off for chases overall.

    Both of them can backrev as usual.

    Now, Mountain man's mobility is one of the best in the game, but the overcharge mechanic is extremely stupid. On a bigger map like crotus prenn chainsaw can overcharge just by checking every gen. Thankfully it's not common. But when you find a survivor at 80% overcharge from moving around checking gens, you are forced to m1 because a survivor will usually find a pallet or window before you can wait out the gauge for at least 1 chainsaw.

    In the end, I think Mountain man is still A tier killer, B tier if against expert survivors and bad rng. Bubba is B tier imo because he doesn't have anything other than chase power.

    If Mountain man was reverted now I would've said he is better than Bubba 1000x more, but with this nerf, it is not easy to say that Mountain man is better than Bubba every single time.

    @Healthore77992 said:

    Bubba is strong but Hillbilly is still better due to his mobility

    Seems like everyone's main argument is mobility for Billy and chase for Bubba. I genuinely get rid of a pallet at every loop within 15 seconds of a chase starting or a down.

    Billy just struggles too much in chase for me.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1768480#Comment_1768480

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1768504#Comment_1768504

    Seems like everyone's main argument is mobility for Billy and chase for Bubba. I genuinely get rid of a pallet at every loop within 15 seconds of a chase starting or a down.

    Billy just struggles too much in chase for me.

    I mean if we are talking like when you master both, learn ins and outs Billy is better imo.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1768564#Comment_1768564

    Thing is, Mountain man can still manage to cut loops very short especially if it is only a pallet loop. Nowadays though it's really hard to trick someone with feathering and curving does not feel like it was before. I could do a full turn at a car loop but now it's just unnatural. Might be that I'm delusional but the controls don't feel right anymore.

    Still though, at mid-late game, if you were able to get every pallet near a gen and there is no garbage rng like ormond tiles, then in this situation Mountain man is better due to both mobility and instadown power.

    Fair enough. I just don't think Billy's mobility beats Bubba's chase power.

    I do love how tight this poll is. I genuinely would say if you asked 100 red ranks players it would be a 50/50 split.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If we're talking perkless, I could see an argument for Bubba being better. Billy is clearly better with Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer, though. He gets some of the best use out of that meta of all of the killers in the game.

    I can see why you'd think that. Though I feel the word clearly is incorrect.

    Who knows maybe I'm just one of those people who are like "How is my main not the best?!" Lol

  • Before Billy's nerf I would've said Billy but the overheat mechanic is ridiculous. Bubba is easier, and his chainsaw sweep is great, and I feel like I'd be more likely to get a down as Bubba than Billy.

  • At an level other than peak performance bubba is better, but considering best players use them, billy is still a bigger threat, imo.

  • Both of them are trash tier.

  • I think that they're both pretty equal, but I voted Bubba solely due to him being less map reliant

  • While Bubba has a better power in chase, the sheer fact that Billy can control the map due to his mobility, alongside still being able to instadown survivors makes him the better killer in my opinion. Billy can still charge his chainsaw to force early pallet drops, and while the overheat mechanic does exist, I've never found it to be a real hindrance.

  • Bubba's got the stronger chase power now, but Billy still has mobility and a decent chase power. And mobility counts for a hell of a lot.

  • Billy is better in terms of chase power and mobilty but harder to play as

    Bubba is easier to play as but lacks mobility

  • As much as I love billy, I think bubba is a bit stronger now.

  • Hillbilly is stronger, Bubba is easier.

  • I feel like it really come down to what map, perks and addons they use. I would say base Billy is stronger then Base Bubba

  • After Bubba got reworked I have much of an easier time looping Billy than looping him so yeah.

  • Hillbilly used to be one of the best killers in the game. His power enabled you to do two things:

    1. Run across the map to where the survivors are.
    2. Use the chainsaw to down the survivor.

    Now that overheat is in the game, it feels like you need to choose between one of the two instead of doing both.

    Bubba doesn't have to worry about overheat around loops though, so he is more fun to play.

  • I would say Billy. You have to be more skilled to use his ability to down people (most of the time anyway) but even if you're not good at that, you can still make use out of being able to zoom across the map super fast, or even do a lap all the way around the map if you're able to steer well enough

    https://youtu.be/XGy5ZrJYwRk https://youtu.be/FjsK3NSYcZo

    (To be fair, the Feng I got in the second video ran me in circles all match and I'm pretty sure she intentionally gave me the hit, so I carried her to the gate and let her go - she earned it lol)

  • In my opinion Bubba is easier and thus appears to be stronger but Billy is stronger due to him also having a very threatening chase power when used well along with solid mobility (Which is something Bubba lacks). Bubba is still the best facecamper though, I will give him that.

  • They're boyfriends, you absolute buffoon.

  • Bubba is much easier to learn, and does have one major upside that Billy doesn't in that he can instadown multiple survivors at once, and thus making his camping game much better. But if you are an active killer that moves around the map (which is the far better/stronger playstyle) then hillbilly is the better option, destroying Bubba in terms of pure speed. He can patrol with ease, as well as catch up to survivors that are far off. Endgame against a hillbilly that can easily go from gate to gate in little to no time is utter hell, the fact his matter of transportation doubles as a way to instantly down is icing on the cake. Avoiding a good hillbilly is far more difficult than avoiding a good bubba.