Perkless weekend for both roles.

Without bloodlust I've been having an extra experiment, perkless on most killers(except trapper and wraith) most matches end up in 2-3k which for me is a tie(2k) and 3k is a win.

So I think this would also help the mmr for everyone, it would no longer be outperked, it will be outskilled.

I've been having to play more scummy but it is what it is for the extra test.

Who would be in favor of removing perks for the weekend?

Comments

  • honestly i'd be in favour of all perks being disabled if it wasn't for three factors:

    • Whenever there isn't an obsession currently, almost every killer I go against seems to tunnel (and it always seems to be me because I ran them at the start lol). I'd rather it not be tunnel-city.
    • Without Iron Will, how many people do you think will be playing Spirit? Too many. I don't wanna have a breakdown from that ######### lmao.
    • I'm far too addicted to PGTW to want to get rid of it (except on certain chase-heavy killers where I prefer RuinDying but that's besides the point).

    I'd be happy with a 2 perk only weekend; iron will + ds if you dont wanna be spirit'ed or tunneled but that means no sg or ub for you, or you could go ds/ub but that means if it's a spirit you're boned; you could use ruindying but no tinkerer in there, or pgtw+bbq, or you could try out EndFury but that means no gen regression. I think that could be quite interesting to play around with.

  • I think more players should do this.

    I’ve done it periodically as well.

    I think it teaches better habits, and it debunks the stubborn held belief that many killers are add on dependent.

    I very often do games with Clown where I want to farm BP and so don’t want to burn through my inventory.

    Clown is perfectly fine without add ons, or without perks, or with a meme build.

    I sometimes put on just Zanshin Tactics, and that perk only just for my own amusement.

  • Oh and kudos for giving it a go and having a positive experience from it.

  • Oh an in regards to your question, it’d be great if this popped up as a daily ritual challenge.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    honestly i'd be in favour of all perks being disabled if it wasn't for three factors:

    • Whenever there isn't an obsession currently, almost every killer I go against seems to tunnel (and it always seems to be me because I ran them at the start lol). I'd rather it not be tunnel-city.
    • Without Iron Will, how many people do you think will be playing Spirit? Too many. I don't wanna have a breakdown from that ######### lmao.
    • I'm far too addicted to PGTW to want to get rid of it (except on certain chase-heavy killers where I prefer RuinDying but that's besides the point).

    I'd be happy with a 2 perk only weekend; iron will + ds if you dont wanna be spirit'ed or tunneled but that means no sg or ub for you, or you could go ds/ub but that means if it's a spirit you're boned; you could use ruindying but no tinkerer in there, or pgtw+bbq, or you could try out EndFury but that means no gen regression. I think that could be quite interesting to play around with.

    Iron Will and DS would definitely be my kit.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    honestly i'd be in favour of all perks being disabled if it wasn't for three factors:

    • Whenever there isn't an obsession currently, almost every killer I go against seems to tunnel (and it always seems to be me because I ran them at the start lol). I'd rather it not be tunnel-city.
    • Without Iron Will, how many people do you think will be playing Spirit? Too many. I don't wanna have a breakdown from that ######### lmao.
    • I'm far too addicted to PGTW to want to get rid of it (except on certain chase-heavy killers where I prefer RuinDying but that's besides the point).

    I'd be happy with a 2 perk only weekend; iron will + ds if you dont wanna be spirit'ed or tunneled but that means no sg or ub for you, or you could go ds/ub but that means if it's a spirit you're boned; you could use ruindying but no tinkerer in there, or pgtw+bbq, or you could try out EndFury but that means no gen regression. I think that could be quite interesting to play around with.

    2 perk also sounds fun, also yeah.....forgot about spirit and most people will most likely use stuff like stridor and pop maybe?

    And yeah I've also had my fair share of tunneling camping 1 hook mori killers during this weekend alone, feelsbad.

    But I think this will help the mmr a lot since currently that is what we need fixed, ran into green rank survivors again about 1 hour ago which didn't felt fair at all for them.

  • I think that'd be my one as well; that or Iron Will + WGLF and hope someone else brings DS bc I want my damn stacks.

    @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767356#Comment_1767356

    2 perk also sounds fun, also yeah.....forgot about spirit and most people will most likely use stuff like stridor and pop maybe?

    And yeah I've also had my fair share of tunneling camping 1 hook mori killers during this weekend alone, feelsbad.

    But I think this will help the mmr a lot since currently that is what we need fixed, ran into green rank survivors again about 1 hour ago which didn't felt fair at all for them.

    Yeah I can see a bunch of Spirits with stridor + PGTW but if they use that they can't use RuinDyingStridorNOED + Yakuyoke/MDR + Ebony so I'll take it lol. Like I'd see so many survivors with IW + DS but it means no DS/UB/SG/DH so, I don't see an issue there either lmao.

    What I think needs to be taken into account with this is that if presented with any opportunities to be #########, the majority of this community will take it. You have to plan around that happening as well, which is why I don't think perkless weekends would be all too good for the general health of the game. Survivors would genrush ASAP because there's no gen regression perks, killers would tunnel because there's no DS, it's just an overall shitshow and nobody has fun.

  • oh yes i would love to see stuff like this to bring all killer up to the same strength

    maybe addon less days?

    map shroud, mori offeringless days?

    perk and addonless days?

    it would show which killers are weak

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I think more players should do this.

    I’ve done it periodically as well.

    I think it teaches better habits, and it debunks the stubborn held belief that many killers are add on dependent.

    I very often do games with Clown where I want to farm BP and so don’t want to burn through my inventory.

    Clown is perfectly fine without add ons, or without perks, or with a meme build.

    I sometimes put on just Zanshin Tactics, and that perk only just for my own amusement.

    So far yeah, it has taught me more in 1 weekend than a month in playing, also, plus I didn't relied on bloodlust sure I've hit bl1 but I don't think I've ever gone above unless I was trying some racecar memes.

    Actually I need to try clown addonless, most of the time I use 1 faster reload and that's it since I'm not a very good clown player.

    @TheClownIsKing said:

    Oh and kudos for giving it a go and having a positive experience from it.

    Thanks, I know many are having issues with no bloodlust but having extra tests help more players improve.

    Remember how people relied a lot on old ruin? When it got removed a lot of players lost their ranks, I think this is the same so it's not that bad.

    @TheClownIsKing said:

    Oh an in regards to your question, it’d be great if this popped up as a daily ritual challenge.

    And damn, I actually didn't think of a daily, this sounds more than a challenge than heal 3 survivors or by your hand kill survivor with x killer.

  • There have been ‚vanilla experiments‘ in the past where you could opt in. Conditions where no perks and no items/addons i think. Dont know the exact name and conditions though.

    but the deactivation of Bloodlust is something only really negatively affecting killers, there would be no incentive to try it out for killers..

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767362#Comment_1767362

    I think that'd be my one as well; that or Iron Will + WGLF and hope someone else brings DS bc I want my damn stacks.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767363#Comment_1767363

    Yeah I can see a bunch of Spirits with stridor + PGTW but if they use that they can't use RuinDyingStridorNOED + Yakuyoke/MDR + Ebony so I'll take it lol. Like I'd see so many survivors with IW + DS but it means no DS/UB/SG/DH so, I don't see an issue there either lmao.

    What I think needs to be taken into account with this is that if presented with any opportunities to be #########, the majority of this community will take it. You have to plan around that happening as well, which is why I don't think perkless weekends would be all too good for the general health of the game. Survivors would genrush ASAP because there's no gen regression perks, killers would tunnel because there's no DS, it's just an overall shitshow and nobody has fun.

    Mmm I actually didn't think of that second part, so probably the 2 perk weekend is more balanced and more fun for everyone.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Without bloodlust I've been having an extra experiment, perkless on most killers(except trapper and wraith) most matches end up in 2-3k which for me is a tie(2k) and 3k is a win.

    So I think this would also help the mmr for everyone, it would no longer be outperked, it will be outskilled.

    I've been having to play more scummy but it is what it is for the extra test.

    Who would be in favor of removing perks for the weekend?

    I would like this. They did a closed experiment for this a while back.

  • @zoozoom6 said:

    oh yes i would love to see stuff like this to bring all killer up to the same strength

    maybe addon less days?

    map shroud, mori offeringless days?

    perk and addonless days?

    it would show which killers are weak

    It would show which killers need a slight buff yeah *cough* trapper *cough*.

    But sadly this is also something bad that I noticed.

    Pig, she is really strong perkless because of her rng.

    @Mooks said:

    There have been ‚vanilla experiments‘ in the past where you could opt in. Conditions where no perks and no items/addons i think. Dont know the exact name and conditions though.

    but the deactivation of Bloodlust is something only really negatively affecting killers, there would be no incentive to try it out for killers..

    Yeah, no bloodlust affected me a bit on certain maps, most azarov and ormond, it was harsh so I've been thinking that probably bl1 should stay, should take slightly longer but you can no longer bl 2 or 3.

    And maybe for incentive add double bp for helping test the real mmr of players?

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207910/perkless-weekend-for-both-roles

    I would like this. They did a closed experiment for this a while back.

    Was it on pc only? I don't remember this at all.

  • It was a closed opt-in thing on PC only. It was a while back now. I don't think anything public ever came of it.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767357#Comment_1767357

    So far yeah, it has taught me more in 1 weekend than a month in playing, also, plus I didn't relied on bloodlust sure I've hit bl1 but I don't think I've ever gone above unless I was trying some racecar memes.

    Actually I need to try clown addonless, most of the time I use 1 faster reload and that's it since I'm not a very good clown player.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767359#Comment_1767359

    Thanks, I know many are having issues with no bloodlust but having extra tests help more players improve.

    Remember how people relied a lot on old ruin? When it got removed a lot of players lost their ranks, I think this is the same so it's not that bad.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767361#Comment_1767361

    And damn, I actually didn't think of a daily, this sounds more than a challenge than heal 3 survivors or by your hand kill survivor with x killer.

    When you play killer without perks or add ons, it really changes your perspective on how their power should be used.

    It can sometimes highlight how someone thinks the power should be used now no longer actually works well that way without a build, and can help relearn what is going wrong and how to get better.

  • I don't think they'd do that due to the fact that there are Archive missions out there which require the use of certain perks.

  • I wouldn't mind a weekend without perks, just to see how things would go if no one had perks on. But the things is, survivors would use their best items since they can't use perks and killers would use their best-add ons to compensate, so maybe a weekend of no perks, no items and no add-ons at all.

  • @CorneliusCloud said:

    If you camp hooks with Ruin + Undying it's almost guaranteed to loose both or have almsot zero regression effect. It promotes a gameplay where you have to run around a lot and get survivors off of gens. I think this is much more healthy as to camp hooks for both sides.

    Camping hooks can be very effective too. One get's unhooked, the other get's on it. If you hook fast enough (they unhook fast enough) you win the game. But ... this just isn't fun.

    I guess that's what you meant with playing dirty. Camping and tunneling.

    Camping and tunneling isn't the only way to win, there is the option 3, slugging especially when you need to snowball or lose.

    But I also punished survivors for not unhooking when I wasn't near the hooked survivor, sometimes I had to force 2nd stage or death.

    Gens before friends is a common thing now a days.

  • @Fog_King said:

    I wouldn't mind a weekend without perks, just to see how things would go if no one had perks on. But the things is, survivors would use their best items since they can't use perks and killers would use their best-add ons to compensate, so maybe a weekend of no perks, no items and no add-ons at all.

    Yeah nothing at all, no perks no addons and maybe just bp offerings.

    Survivors can find items in match like always.

    That will show that trapper and wraith should at least get trapper bag as default and wraith yellow windstorm as default, maybe clown should also get the faster reload addon but that can be problematic.

  • @Canas said:

    I don't think they'd do that due to the fact that there are Archive missions out there which require the use of certain perks.

    I don't think it will be too bad for just the weekend.

  • Nah, five perk slots for a weekend

  • This would be interesting for sure. To see statistic of which side loses the most in having no perks.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Without bloodlust I've been having an extra experiment, perkless on most killers(except trapper and wraith) most matches end up in 2-3k which for me is a tie(2k) and 3k is a win.

    So I think this would also help the mmr for everyone, it would no longer be outperked, it will be outskilled.

    I've been having to play more scummy but it is what it is for the extra test.

    Who would be in favor of removing perks for the weekend?

    2k isn't necessary a tie just like 3k isn't necessary a win. a 2k where you 3 hook the dead survivors and 2 hook the other 2 is totally a win. even a 1k with 1 3 hooks a 3 2 hooks should be a win if you got gen rushed. killing 3 on first hook by camping or moring is totally a complete loss.

  • @boboca said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207910/perkless-weekend-for-both-roles

    2k isn't necessary a tie just like 3k isn't necessary a win. a 2k where you 3 hook the dead survivors and 2 hook the other 2 is totally a win. even a 1k with 1 3 hooks a 3 2 hooks should be a win if you got gen rushed. killing 3 on first hook by camping or moring is totally a complete loss.

    I mentioned before how I rate my wins and loss since the game doesn't tell us how to.

    Some like pips for wins, I prefer kills in a fun match, 1k for me is a loss, 2k is a tie, 3k is a win and 4k is a perfect match.

    That is how I've been rating my K/L ratio since like 2 years ago.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767392#Comment_1767392

    Interesting, I should read the news more often lol I missed it.

    it was in May 2019 and not 2020, the year is not stated there I just realized..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767569#Comment_1767569

    it was in May 2019 and not 2020, the year is not stated there I just realized..

    Oh no wonder, I moved to pc like on january of this year, I was on ps4 so it makes sense that I didn't saw that.