Be Honest, Was Turning bloodlust off As Bad As You Thought?
We all saw the posts, the "I'm not playing Dead By Daylight This Weekend As A Killer Main", "Bloodlust is needed" etc etc. So I would like to pose some questions to those who have been experimenting with it...
- Was it really as bad as you thought?
- Is it a mechanic that you think could be changed now due to the state of the game?
- How would you change it?
- And finally, how was your week? :)
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
My games as both killer and survivor have been fine without bloodlust. Maybe it's because I play huntress and I have good aim, but I don't see a point in having it.
its not bad at all, but some structures and loops still need to be addressed (like god bus and house of pain, i have no idea why the devs are keeping these loops)
bloodlust is a bandaid for bad map and loop design, which most maps arent bad anymore.
1) I frequent red ranks on both killer and survivor and in all of my games I made a mental note to keep track of when and where I would gain bloodlust and how much time it would save me. On average accross 20 games bloodlust generally would have given me around 10 to 15 seconds advantage on chases that I normally would have ended. I did not count the time bloodlust would have given me on chases where I objectively made a mistake (not simply lost a mind game). Generally when you take perks into consideration you want it to get you around 10 seconds or greater advantage. So basically playing without bloodlust is basically like playing with 3 perks instead of 4. I shouldn't have to tell you how impactful this is.
2. I think that bloodlust 2 and 3 are antiquated and should be removed. However they are nice for new killers as a tool to learn the game.
3. See above.
4. Great thank you.
Another specific example I could give you was a survivor game I played against a rank 3 wraith. They were running good addons and played very well but we got auto haven and the crane with the car, the killer shack, and the repair shop were all placed very close to each other. Normally I am extremely confident in my ability to run killers. Typically even against some of the better killers I can hold out for at least 30 seconds, but this wraith literally stood no chance. I had my friend count for me while I was looping him and I abused all of the structures greatly, running between all of them. The wraith made no obvious mistakes and I managed to loop them for 3 minutes 11 seconds before being downed. At which case I was now on my first hook and there was only 1 gen left and we easily won the game. Sure you can say that he lost the game because he committed to chasing me, but I think anyone that he chased could have done the same thing as I did and the majority of the generators were close to these structures.
I had a game on haddonfield where I looped the same guy around 3 houses. That wasn't fun.
Just loving the amount I'm dealing with tonight the map offerings is unreal so is the use of object with keys and hatch spawning locations oh its been so fun.
It seems like it's raised survivors over all cockyness with loops also especially with slower killers also maybe I just getting bad luck but honestly the blood lust thing I'm not noticing maybe because between the use of object and keys I'm kinda distracted lol
To sum it up in not having fun anymore I dunno why just things se way more aggressive from the surviours play style.
Might just be my bad luck tho ๐ท๐
For killers that are slower than 115% movement speed and aren't nurse or spirit? Yes
For killers who are effectively m1 killers like wraith and trapper? Yes
For everyone else at a general level? No
For certain loops that still clearly have problems like god bus and killer shacks that the survivors are able to see through? Yes
It is way worse than I thought! I'm experimenting with solo queue survivor without a full meta build and without items. I usually play both sides purple/red ranks.
Been playing survivor and I am decent but I'm suddenly getting way better results... 11 games and only one death, to be clear I maybe escape 3/10 matches on a normal day). I've played against nurse 2x, bubba, legion 2x, wraith, clown, huntress, spirit and demo. Only the doctor got me. I brought; kindred/ spine chill/ resilience/ sprint burst (spinechill tier 1, rest tier 3) Even without deadhard I get way more loops out of everything.
NOED the ultimate crutch which put me in a bad situation couldn't secure the kill. Mori's aren't helping either since they struggle to catch someone. The bubba had his award winning chili and only got a 2k for camping in the endgame (which was his last resort tbf). The wraith had shadow dance and couldn't catch me at a double L tile. This is purple/red ranks btw getting mostly red rank killers vs red/purple survivors with the odd green killer. Killers struggle to get a kill, either my team gets out or 1 dies (2 die if we misplay in the endgame). This is solo queue...
Removing bloodlust altogether isn't healthy for this game, a rework is fine but I feel that we at least need BL tier 1 and maybe tier 2 in low ranks as training wheels. I don't want such high escape rates it means there is little challenge in surviving.
My gameplay hasn't really changed except for VERY specific window loops on two maps. Other than that, it's almost like nothing happened.
Agreed. If they're still keeping BL, just permanently cap it at tier 1. 2 and 3 are just bad killer cheese.
1: I didn't really see an effect on my end when I played killer rounds. I don't tend to see BL kick in, so I honestly don't know if I missed it or not, but I can't obviously speak to others, since that might just be due to my playstyle.
As a survivor, I found in the limited number of games I played, there was a map offering almost every time (Autohaven, Haddonfield, Ormond -- I saw similar map offerings as killer too), and several killers I played against were ones with high mobility in general (Blight, who I honestly don't see often) or whose basic powers make BL irrelevant (I saw multiple Doctors in a row). Might have been just a coincidence.
2: While I don't think removing it is game-breaking, the game still has enough map issues, those should be addressed first. There's actually SO many game issues that need to be looked at/fixed first, it's almost astounding that THIS is what's being discussed. Not saying that the devs aren't doing other things behind the scenes, but this feels like someone taking their garbage to the road while their house is on fire and burning down around them. Priorities don't seem to be in line with what they should be.
3: To parrot what someone else suggested, I'd get rid of BL 2/3 and keep a basic BL mechanic, with a slightly longer time to activate.
4: It was good -- hopefully, everyone else's was as well. :)
Well I play on a ultrawide monitor so I'm use to playing at a disadvantage. But seriously it's not as bad as playing on a ultrawide monitor.๐
I think its terrible. For example, all a survivor has to do is run around in circles at a place with a pallet; with blood lust you can close the gap more. Without it, they can almost guarantee to drop the pallet and head to the next one without taking a hit.
Its especially bad with the slower killers. I have not had such bad matches in a long time like I'm having now. I'm now being run through multple gens in a way that didnt happen before.
So yeah, this is terrible IMHO.
I've definitely noticed a difference. As survivor, I suddenly live about 150% longer in chase just by running forward and occasionally popping through a window. As a green/purple killer there's not a huge difference when I match with people close to my same rank -- it's clearly taking longer to go around a loop, but not so much longer that I can't catch them), but when I get fed to red rank SWF (or, you know, extremely suspiciously coordinated red rank teams that I assume are SWF) I'm toast. They just smash their faces against the scenery and run an optimal path between pallets, and I'm like, "God, I don't even know for sure I'll EVER eventually catch up."
git gud, tbh
I love it when I play Survivor, literally never caught outside of my own screw ups. Some tiles that force the killer to take a longer way around (like the crane) due to the hitbox nature of characters I can actually run a killer 5-6 times around before I even need to throw the pallet. This "experiment" has really shown that the devs have no idea just how strong some of their tiles are, let alone when they are chained together.
I always felt that if bloodlust was eventually removed someday, that beast of prey should just keep the bloodlust mechanic as a unique thing for itself. Maybe make it a bit weaker then it is now, but if a player really needs bloodlust then let them waste a perk slot for it. Still giving the Undetectable status effect too
1 - Not really sure. I like to play m1 killers and play on autopilot mode and so mindlessly do things, maybe even take advantage of bloodlust. It's just so convenient. So I have noticed the change. I actually have to... think about what I'm doing. It's horrible.
As survivor I have noticed I can take more advantage of loops, too. My last game resulted in a rank 13 hag DCing because she couldn't catch me for about 2 mins on a loop... where I used 1 pallet and no windows. Bad matchmaking and no bloodlust is a bad combination.
2 - I really never thought I'd say this because I mostly play survivor and hate when bloodlust is used against me but... bloodlust 1 at the very least needs to stay in the game. Imagine trying to catch a survivor that knows how to loop the garage, asylum, shack and jungle gyms on suffocation pit, or any good loops for that matter.
3 - Keep at least bloodlust 1, maybe 2.
4 - Little stressful, but fine thanks.