Just found out killers can lunge, anything else I should know?
I just got to rank 13 after probably 40 - 50 hours of playing killer without knowing I could lunge. I couldn't understand why it seemed so much easier for streamers to end chases in their videos, and why I got juked so much more. Spirit is considerably easier now!
I just happened to read about it in a tooltip on the loading screen, so I'm wondering: are there any other controls like lunge that are not labelled in game?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
No I think that's probably it in terms of hidden game mechanics? Keep your eye on the loading screen tips just in case though.
Should've played the tutorial.
Don't be affraid to be stunned with pallet and lunge trough if it possible. You will maybe stunned for couple of seconds but pallet will be gone for good.
Killers have a red stain that helps survivors see you at loops. Learn to hide it for surprise attacks.
Don't commit to long chases. Drop the chase and switch target if you see someone repair gen.
Don't kick gens without pop if someone is nearby. It not worth it.
Get 50k bp for playing each side tutorial.
Thanks for the advice.
Is it worth it to kick gens with Surveillance if someone is nearby?
I prefer chase nearby survivor and don't give him time to gain distance. Once you kick the gen, someone immideately touch it. Surveillance is just an info perk, and what is the point of info that you already know? If you see survivors swarming one gen, you better at least injure them. Hit one and return to gen to hit another, which is definitely there, you don't need surveillance to know that. Kicking gen in this situation doesn't help to regress it a bit and you give them more time to reach safe area.
once you catch a survivor stand an inch from his face while looking into his eyes. they will bleed out faster and prevent the entire team doing gens because Nea's will have urban evasion 10m away.
Im not any near as pro player. But I have some simple tips for Spirit.
Some tips for any Killer.
Don't worry, in few weeks it'll be 4k every game
Killers have this thing called a terror radius and it’s so survivors know your coming
Look out for Crows, including Crows that land instead of take off.
If they land, it means they got scared by something 15 seconds ago.
Could be valuable information.
You can jump if you press the jump button
Swapping to your pistol is faster than reloading, but knifing is even faster
knife the watermelon
From cod MW right? Ik my games man lol
@brother_dude
You have to hold down the button for a couple seconds when you kick a generator to get it to regress. It's not like a pallet where you just have to tap it for a second to complete the action
Pretty sure even training covers lunge
yup
Blood trails and crows are your best buddies.
bruh I didn't even do the tutorial and I know how to lunge
how did you not do it by accident?
Hitting a person on hook speeds up entity progress. Took me a while to figure it out.
Really good tips here.
Walk backwards around corners to hide bloodstains.
You can fake breaking pallets (or fake placing traps) to get survivors to leave a tile without taking too much time.
If a survivor vaults the same window several times in a row, the entity will block them from using it.
When picking up survivors, try to be facing a wall when you do it to prevent flashlight saves. If someone tries to blind you while you're not in an animation, look at the ground.
When attacking someone, try to swing your camera from right to left to increase you attack hitbox size.
Watch out for survivors after they vault if you vault after them, because sometimes they crouch right after vaulting and they will be below your vision and hard to spot if you're not looking for them.
Bloodlust increases your movement speed by 5% every 15 seconds (max of 3 stacks) you've been in an uninterrupted chase and breaking pallets resets bloodlust.
I think that's most of the less obvious mechanics
A lot of good tips about the game, so here's one for real-life:
While adding salt to water will raise its boiling temperature, the difference is irrelevant with the salt concentrations that we use when cooking. Thus, whether you add salt before or after the water is boiling is utterly irrelevant, so long as it has time to fully dissolve.