So, apparently this is bannable?
So, I went up against this doctor, who was I think rank 10 for some reason, and I got a five-gen run against him because of one thing. Window-tech. If you didn't know, after slinger was released, the window-tech timing was changed, and I recently re-learned it because I started playing survivor again. Anyways, I kept window-teching him, and he only caught on near the end of the match, but when he did, he turned right around and hit me. He facecamped me, and I died since my teamates left me. After the match, however, this guy turned out to be on ps4, like me, and he messaged me that he submitted a ticket to get me banned for using a broken "exploit." I asked what the exploit was, because I didn't know he was talking about the window-tech. So he told me that window-tech was a bannable exploit, and that I was getting banned for it. So now I'm confused. I always thought that window-tech was intended, since the devs obviously know it's there, since they changed the timing. So my question is: is window-tech actually bannable? Or was this guy just salty that he only got one hook because of this "exploit"?
Comments
It's not bannable, don't worry about it.
Ok, thank you.
Yeah, the guy was just mad and confused. Window tech can be infuriating but it is not an exploit.
Thanks, I really didn't want to get banned lol
Or, to put it a other way, if the Devs wanted to remove it they would simply do what they did with survivor vaulting and push the hitbox forward at the start of the vault, although in this instance it's so that window tech literally cannot happen and it's just like trying to run into a killer that's just standing there.
you are not gonna get banned, but that bug shouldnt even exist to begin with.
Window tech is counterable, but he doesn't know how yet. And since it counterable, there is no reason to ban for that. It's like call faking vaults an exploit.
As a killer, window tech is more feature then bug right now.
if windows are that much of a problem for them, they need Bamboozle
While I think it should be removed because it’s an exploit and exploits suck in games like DBD, the devs prefer to fix them instead of hand out bans, especially for exploits that have counters. 360s are actually an exploit but nobody gets banned for them because it got super popular and has counters. You’ll be fine, doing a window tech isn’t going to get you banned. It has to be a game-breaking exploit for the devs to start swinging the ban hammer.
It's an exploit turned into a feature, not bannable in any means though so you're good.
Ok thank you. I personally think that they should be in the game, since it has counters and is relatively difficult to learn and perform consistently, it's fun to do, and is one of the only challenging things as survivor.
Technically speaking, it IS an exploit, because you are abusing the lack of collision the Killer has when vaulting, but as far as I know, it's not bannable and the devs are OK with it.
You can counter it by moving left and looking right after vaulting.
That person is obviously trolling but even if they do submit that ticket they will be the one to get banned for false allegations.. don’t worry
Lol it is so easy to counter this. Btw, using a map and running through the killer right when they vault at any time can allow you to go through them without the need of timing the window tech. And no, it is not bannable.
I know about the map tech 😆 thanks anyways though
Pretty sure it was unintended feature but hey i think its good for the game since its a high risk move survivors can do. Would killers rather just go against people who play safe all the time? No.
Its not bannable streamers/fogwhisperers do it all the time.